Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday

ttowngrad

State semi-finals  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

I don't know...timpson great asset is their speed,but Shiner has seen and played that kinda speed in the past.

Shiner asset is ability to control the Los with experience linemen...and I'll wager that timpson hasn't seen the physicality of that type line this year..so far.

Can the young qb keep it together and stay focused? Prolly 

Can Shiner contain bussy when he takes off? Idk.

Interesting dynamics here..,but my gut says experience will play the largest factor in this matchup and that leans the scale towards Shiner..

But I've always road with the underdogs and ain't changing now..bears by a mark..late.. ✌️

• Thanks 1

Shiner will be a hard out, but I'm going to be pulling hard for Timpson. There will not be a harder runner on the field than Courtney, and not a better over all athelete that Busby (spelling)? I say the young freshman will make his mark on the defensive side of the ball as well this week. He's a player. Good luck Bears !!!!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Shiner will be a hard out, but I'm going to be pulling hard for Timpson. There will not be a harder runner on the field than Courtney, and not a better over all athelete that Busby (spelling)? I say the young freshman will make his mark on the defensive side of the ball as well this week. He's a player. Good luck Bears !!!!

Bussey 👍

I realize that this is an East Texas board but after the last 6 years of optimism and getting manhandled( not last year) by the region 4 team whether it be Refugio or Mason, can you explain to me as to why? What makes this Timpson team better then the San Augustine, Centerville, and Lovelady teams?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wooderson said:

I realize that this is an East Texas board but after the last 6 years of optimism and getting manhandled( not last year) by the region 4 team whether it be Refugio or Mason, can you explain to me as to why? What makes this Timpson team better then the San Augustine, Centerville, and Lovelady teams?

I don’t think this Timpson team is better than what San Augustine was last year.  I think Region 3 as a whole was a lot weaker this year.  They do have speed, but they haven’t played any competition yet.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TheWolf said:

I don’t think this Timpson team is better than what San Augustine was last year.  I think Region 3 as a whole was a lot weaker this year.  They do have speed, but they haven’t played any competition yet.  

Yeah yeah yeah...heard that all year long.  Lol

• Like 3

With all due respect to the tremendous year that Timpson is having...they are about to take on a whole new animal and this one could get ugly. Timpson hasn’t played a single district champion this year, including the playoffs. Timpson also hasn’t played anyone above 2A-D1. In non-district Shiner played 4 games...and won all 4. 1 of those is still playing (3A-D1 Halletsville and their UT commit stud). The other 3? 4A-D2 playoff team Smithville, 3A-D1 playoff team Blanco and 3A-D2 District champion East Bernard. Then in their run to the region 4 title they knocked out 2 teams East Texas ought to be familiar with Mason and Refugio. 

• Like 3

Will be pulling for Timpson but it will be a tough challenge. 

I'm pretty sure Shiner has advantages similar to what Refugio always has as well. They will most likely be similar to a solid 3a D1 team. . Their pre-district schedule suggests this anyway. 

Last years SA team was the best out of this region in many years and they couldn't make it past this round. I expect the same this year. 

My fingers are crossed for an upset though! I DESPISE the programs that have unfair advantages. 

During the year(s) these games were played, I think the teams represented below were playing in what is now identified as 2AD1, even though some of them are now 3A.  Someone from Region 3 has to break the "curse."  Will it be Timpson.  Closest semi-final game over the past 10 years was last year's 29-21 loss by SA.  I was there and even that one wasn't as close as the final score indicates.  

2019; Refugio vs SA; 29-21

2018; Mason vs SA; 52-8

2017; Refugio vs SA; 63-21

2016; Refugio vs Centerville; 38-14

2015; Refugio vs Lovelady; 46-28

2014; Mason vs Centerville; 27-7

2013; Refugio vs Waskom; 69-33

2012; East Bernard vs Elysian Fields; 52-8

2011; Refugio vs Lexington; 63-33

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Will be pulling for Timpson but it will be a tough challenge. 

I'm pretty sure Shiner has advantages similar to what Refugio always has as well. They will most likely be similar to a solid 3a D1 team. . Their pre-district schedule suggests this anyway. 

Last years SA team was the best out of this region in many years and they couldn't make it past this round. I expect the same this year. 

My fingers are crossed for an upset though! I DESPISE the programs that have unfair advantages. 

Who are the programs with unfair advantages?

I’m gonna have to be a homer here. I feel like Timpson will surprise some folks come Thursday night. I’ve seen enough of the stats and history. Not one of these kids has been involved in any of the previous games against Region 4. We are, and should be underdog. I think Timpson pulls off the upset.

11 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

I’m gonna have to be a homer here. I feel like Timpson will surprise some folks come Thursday night. I’ve seen enough of the stats and history. Not one of these kids has been involved in any of the previous games against Region 4. We are, and should be underdog. I think Timpson pulls off the upset.

Well said.

Shiner by 25-30. I think the brooks boys might have a say in being the best athlete on the field. I don’t think Timpson can win the line of scrimmage. 

But.......if it becomes a shootout or Shiner gets behind, I don’t know if they can pass their way back into it.

4 hours ago, wooderson said:

2A is the ONLY classification that region 4 is any good in! All other 4 classifications are pretty terrible as far as region 4 goes 

• Thanks 1

• Crawford changed the title to Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday