Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday

ttowngrad

State semi-finals  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

7 minutes ago, Guest Ted Underhill said:

What makes so many people on this forum choose Timpson in this game? If you look at strength of schedules and past history it sure seems pretty irrational. Is it just homerism instead of logic?

I picked the Bears due to team speed. My logic might be off. Ill see Friday night. Malakoff got beat by Mt. Vernon last week. Logically and strength of schedule went to Malakoff. Their playing basketball ball this week. 

• Like 1

Guest Ted Underhill

You are right Mike on the spelling. That’s what happens sometimes when the “u” is next to the “i” on the keyboard.

Team speed didn’t matter at all last year with Refugio and San Augustine. San Augustine across the board was faster but not better upfront. There was a reason Refugio ran off the last 8 minutes of the game. Also the film shows me Timpson playing all 2a division 1 teams that weren’t highly thought of. Meanwhile I watch Shiner beat the defending champions, 3a division 1 (region 3 by the way) semifinalist Hallettsville, 4a division 2 playoff team Smithville, 3a division 2 perennial state contender East Bernard, 3a division 1 playoff team in Blanco.

While 22 for Timpson is a good back, Shiner has already faced a 4 Star RB that has over 50 tds going to Texas. 22 at this point isn’t anything they haven’t seen 

2 hours ago, Guest Ted Underhill said:

What makes so many people on this forum choose Timpson in this game? If you look at strength of schedules and past history it sure seems pretty irrational. Is it just homerism instead of logic?

Probably because Timpson is in East Texas and this is a East Texas forum. 

1 hour ago, Guest Ted Underhill said:

You are right Mike on the spelling. That’s what happens sometimes when the “u” is next to the “i” on the keyboard.

Team speed didn’t matter at all last year with Refugio and San Augustine. San Augustine across the board was faster but not better upfront. There was a reason Refugio ran off the last 8 minutes of the game. Also the film shows me Timpson playing all 2a division 1 teams that weren’t highly thought of. Meanwhile I watch Shiner beat the defending champions, 3a division 1 (region 3 by the way) semifinalist Hallettsville, 4a division 2 playoff team Smithville, 3a division 2 perennial state contender East Bernard, 3a division 1 playoff team in Blanco.

While 22 for Timpson is a good back, Shiner has already faced a 4 Star RB that has over 50 tds going to Texas. 22 at this point isn’t anything they haven’t seen 

1 hour ago, Guest Ted Underhill said:

2 hours ago, Guest Ted Underhill said:

I don’t think anyone who follows high school football close enough is thinking Timpson is going to win easily against Shiner. But I assure you Timpson can win. They have the athletes and coaching to compete. If they can limit their mistakes and capitalize on Shiner mistakes, this can and will be a good ballgame. It’s just a matter of if those things happen. Will Timpson play with enough focus to limit their mistakes or will Shiner force them into turnovers? Will Timpson be able to capitalize if they can force turnovers or will Shiner shut them down? And vice versa. I do not believe this is as wide a gap as others do.

• Like 1

Curious the gap has been a win by the region 4 rep at an average of 26 points over the region 3 rep over the last 6 years. What makes Timpson so much more different then these other teams?Last year’s San Augustine team that was senior laden has been the only one to play within single digits.

16 minutes ago, wooderson said:

Curious the gap has been a win by the region 4 rep at an average of 26 points over the region 3 rep over the last 6 years. What makes Timpson so much more different then these other teams?Last year’s San Augustine team that was senior laden has been the only one to play within single digits.

I'm not expecting Timpson will be different than the other teams coming out of Region 3 in recent years.  The opinions are pretty much the same as those given in previous years leading up to this game, just different team, different fans, and different year.  I'll be surprised if the outcome isn't the same as recent years too, but if it is, I'll take my hat off to Timpson.

Guest The guest speaker

Timpson seems to start slow in recent games.   If they plan on starting slow this week things could get ugly quick.  Looks like they have played mostly spread style teams.   They will get a dose of runs up the middle and option this week to test their discipline on defense.   It’s really comparing apples and oranges this week. Both teams have plenty speed.  The difference I see is that Shiner has done well containing Timpson’s style offense and I know you can not prepare defensively for a veer based offense in 3 days.  Just when you put extra defenders in the box, play action pass takes it to the end zone.   Hope for a good clean game tomorrow.   

I seen the games. I seen the stats .They both definitely deserve to be here.Logic not a factor I Just want Timpson to win. If you only knew what  they been through to get here.You would be amazed.They are blessed to be here. This is a David vs Goliath match up.And we all here in East Texas want Timpson to win.

14 hours ago, Guest The guest speaker said:

Timpson seems to start slow in recent games.   If they plan on starting slow this week things could get ugly quick.  Looks like they have played mostly spread style teams.   They will get a dose of runs up the middle and option this week to test their discipline on defense.   It’s really comparing apples and oranges this week. Both teams have plenty speed.  The difference I see is that Shiner has done well containing Timpson’s style offense and I know you can not prepare defensively for a veer based offense in 3 days.  Just when you put extra defenders in the box, play action pass takes it to the end zone.   Hope for a good clean game tomorrow.   

Hate to break the news to you but Coach T has seen a lot of option. He has ran the Navy and Air Force version most of the last 17 years(Ran it last year). So seeing it won't be a big shock. Now stopping Shiners' athletes could be an issue.

6 minutes ago, wooderson said:

It has worked so well the previous 7 seasons in this division 

The result could end up the same.  But it could also be a big surprise.  That's why they don't just hand the trophies to the Carthages, Aledos, Marts, Shiners of this world.