Timpson vs Shiner 7:30p Thursday

ttowngrad

State semi-finals  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/2020 at 01:00 AM

35 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

First of all, you have a profane ignorance of how football is set up in our state.  Your entire post is made up gobble-d-gook. "Real 2a schools?"  You have more 2a schools in Shelby County because you have more population and more towns.  Take a visit to Refugio county and you will find it and one other small town (Woodsboro).  Refugio has just over 200 kids in their school, just like the East Texas 2a schools.  Woodsboro also has their own school.  

Take a visit to Mart.  Not much there, so of course all the kids go to their one school.  They don't have enough for a second school or they'd be playing 6-man football.  

If it makes you feel better to have this skewed thinking, more power to ya.

There is a kid from Refugio. (Won't get into naming names) that moved in with a total stranger to play football. 

They have about 100 boys in high school and about 90 of them play football. 

If you think this is normal then you are the one with skewed thinking. 

• Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

First of all, you have a profane ignorance of how football is set up in our state.  Your entire post is made up gobble-d-gook. "Real 2a schools?"  You have more 2a schools in Shelby County because you have more population and more towns.  Take a visit to Refugio county and you will find it and one other small town (Woodsboro).  Refugio has just over 200 kids in their school, just like the East Texas 2a schools.  Woodsboro also has their own school.  

Take a visit to Mart.  Not much there, so of course all the kids go to their one school.  They don't have enough for a second school or they'd be playing 6-man football.  

If it makes you feel better to have this skewed thinking, more power to ya.

How far is Mart from Waco? 

12 hours ago, DAhomer said:

Nah those teams just like the weight room more than those home grown teams from Joe, Timpson etc etc

Oh really? 🤣 we do have a 4a school here that does the same thing the schools I mention do. Carthage. 

A lot of homegrown talent but kids come from all over Panola county to play there. I don't blame them. I have a kid that plays and I'm open to a better situation for him. 

• Stinks 1

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Who all from the Shiner backfield ran at the last state meet?

NVM. Went back and looked. Saw were they finished behind every ETx team they ran against. 

Here it is Rhodes and Haynes from the backfield last night. Taylor and Lenhart graduated last year.

https://www.uiltexas.org/tournament-results/track-field/2019/index.htm

Go to 2a 4X100 Meter relay. Shiner won it.

13 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

Every starter for us has been here since early middle school. Most all have been here since elementary. Just because we are good doesn’t mean we aren’t home grown. Generally, what keeps the deep east Texas teams back is discipline and attitude. Speed doesn’t mean anything if you can’t handle getting hit in the mouth, or don’t like being coached hard. 

this is not all schools, so don’t everybody freak out. It’s a generalization for some of the programs.

The time to move is in middle school. If you have a kid that can play a lot of parents will take them to other programs. 

I don't blame them. My kids plays and I want the best opportunity for him. 

Your discipline and toughness analogy is laughable. If that is the case why doesn't it carry over to the other sports? 

• Stinks 2

18 minutes ago, Gen7Dragon said:

The time to move is in middle school. If you have a kid that can play a lot of parents will take them to other programs. 

I don't blame them. My kids plays and I want the best opportunity for him. 

Your discipline and toughness analogy is laughable. If that is the case why doesn't it carry over to the other sports? 

Because the other sports don’t involve being hit, and a single stud player can dominate basketball, and track. Your delusion is laughable. 

I get what you are saying. Checked our roster, and one kid was a move in. Rest are home grown. This kid moved in 7th grade for his parents job. 

2 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

There is a kid from Refugio. (Won't get into naming names) that moved in with a total stranger to play football. 

They have about 100 boys in high school and about 90 of them play football. 

If you think this is normal then you are the one with skewed thinking. 

You do realize that what you’re claiming is illegal by UIL Rules, right? One can’t just move to a town and live with a “total stranger to play football”. There are regulations in place to deal with moving in with a guardian, or someone else who is not the parent, and also for kids who have lived in the district for numerous years. When a kid moves and that kid/family/new school fill out the PAPF, the DEC has to approve or deny. So, if it got approved by the DEC he moved to then his old ISD signed off on his PAPF. The districts and ADs do periodic residential checks to make sure the kids are living at the address they claim, and also to see who else is living there. What you are claiming (as you’ve written it) is LIBEL, and defames a school district and school officials. If you believe it to be fact, then PROVE IT! Turn it in to the ISD & the UIL. 

A3FFF010-8EA8-4BD1-B456-8F56EC334078.jpeg

54 minutes ago, sthtxfisher said:

You do realize that what you’re claiming is illegal by UIL Rules, right? One can’t just move to a town and live with a “total stranger to play football”. There are regulations in place to deal with moving in with a guardian, or someone else who is not the parent, and also for kids who have lived in the district for numerous years. When a kid moves and that kid/family/new school fill out the PAPF, the DEC has to approve or deny. So, if it got approved by the DEC he moved to then his old ISD signed off on his PAPF. The districts and ADs do periodic residential checks to make sure the kids are living at the address they claim, and also to see who else is living there. What you are claiming (as you’ve written it) is LIBEL, and defames a school district and school officials. If you believe it to be fact, then PROVE IT! Turn it in to the ISD & the UIL. 

Yes, I know about the rules. We had a kid move around here from a few different schools and it came down to a decision where the kid had to come back. 

I don't have any proof of anything and if I did I wouldn't try to get someone in trouble. 

Rules can be manipulated though and I sure hope you realize that certain programs attract players. Recruiting I don't know? In most cases I think the kids go to them. 

Bottom line is in a small town 1 or 2a size it's mostly impossible to have a juggernaut 15 or 20 years in a row without move ins and recruits. 

• Stinks 1

So, basically what you’re saying is you threw out a completely unfounded accusation of a school cheating by allowing a kid to move into their district and live with a complete stranger just to play football for their team? Gotcha.

Never said a great program doesn’t attract kids that want to play. If a family is willing to pick up and move to another town on their own dime just to play football and win some games, nobody can stop them. However, the situation (as you stated it) can be stopped and those kids are denied eligibility by the DEC & the UIL upholds that denial of eligibility 99.9% of the time when the kid/family appeal to the UIL.

I lived in Refugio for the first 10 years Herring was there. I can promise you (regardless of your feelings about him), there isn’t a better coach around at getting the kids that are in the hallways to come out and play. He also benefits from the fact that the community’s expectation is for ALL the boys in high school to play. That helps, but so does winning and their facilities are probably the best in Class 2A. 

A small school can absolutely be a power for a long time, hell, Aledo & Southlake were powerhouses in the old 2A when they were tiny little towns — and they’ve maintained that powerhouse status as they’ve climbed to bigger classifications through the decades. Almost every single kid that has “moved to Refugio” over the last decade plus is a kid that had lived in Refugio before. There are maybe 2-3 kids during that time period that transferred in and weren’t from Refugio originally or didn’t have a lot of their family already living in Refugio. Refugio had more talent squandered in the 80s, 90s, & early 00s than they have now. The difference is coaching. Don’t look now, but their best class is in 7th grade from what I’ve heard — so they will be loaded for bear the next several years. 

• Like 1

Ok that’s about enough discussion on the subject of how certain programs manage to keep getting the best kids. This is bordering on recruiting allegations. Keep this thread relevant to one or both of the teams that played in this game or I will lock it and start considering suspensions.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 4:05 AM, Gen7Dragon said:

Play Mart or Canadian. The teams in deep East Texas are homegrown squads. Real 2a schools. . Shiner and Refugio have a huge advantage over the homegrown teams. 

We have way better athletes just not all concentrated in one school. In Shelby County we have Timpson, Shelbyville, Joaquin and Tenaha who are all 2a. If we took the best 10 or 12 kids from each  town and made one squad it would be on par with what the region 4 "powerhouse" teams do. 

In this scenario Region 4 would not stand a snowballs chance in Hades!

It seems your bottom line is that Shiner, and Refugio in recent years, didn't play by the same rules as Timpson and others and that if they did, Timspon would have made up the difference and perhaps even won the game?  I'm guessing very few would buy that.  I think only a small minority think that goes on and usually it's the ones that want to make excuses for their team or area not doing as good as they would like them to do.  

Shiner wins because they practice hard, play hard, and are coached very well.  Shiner is ever bit as much a "real 2A program" as your "deep east texas homegrown squads."  Their kids didn't just show up one day and magically turn into the best team.  They did what it took to develop themselves.  Don't be a such a sour puss and try to detract from what they accomplished in quite dominant fashion.  They are simply better.  Accept it and move on.

• Stinks 1

On 12/11/2020 at 6:20 PM, Eagleborn said:

Who all from the Shiner backfield ran at the last state meet?

NVM. Went back and looked. Saw were they finished behind every ETx team they ran against. 

Shiner won the 4x1 and 4x2 at the state championship in 2019, there was not state meet in 2020 due to Covid.  Haynes and Rhodes were both on the relay, while the older Brooks was alternate. The younger Brooks was not in high school yet.  THey did not run against any East Tx teams last year.

2 minutes ago, scom said:

Shiner won the 4x1 and 4x2 at the state championship in 2019, there was not state meet in 2020 due to Covid.  Haynes and Rhodes were both on the relay, while the older Brooks was alternate. The younger Brooks was not in high school yet.  THey did not run against any East Tx teams last year.

Yea man. I said that down the line. 

On 12/9/2020 at 1:03 PM, Bear9T1 said:

Bears roll.  Shiner will be tough but the Bears defense is about to make a statement for all the doubters out there. 

Pretty pathetic that you poo poo my statement simply supporting the fact that Shiner has built a solid program.  Guess your extensive football knowledge is on fine display in your prediction above.  Timpson did the best they could so kudos to them, but all these sour puss East Texans reflect poorly.  Why not just admit Shiner was superior in every way and move on.

• Stinks 1

Guest Good season Timpson

A Tenaha tiger fan listened to the game and yes Shiner was the more superior team in lines on offense and the ole front 7 was stout. Timpson did something only Tenaha has done in Shelby count make it to Semi Final rounds. This team is young and exciting to watch, but its schedule was pretty weak at best. We hope that Tigers and Bear can get each other back on the schedule for a little football next year, as the tigers will move back up to 2A D2 next season. You heard SA

36 minutes ago, Guest Good season Timpson said:

A Tenaha tiger fan listened to the game and yes Shiner was the more superior team in lines on offense and the ole front 7 was stout. Timpson did something only Tenaha has done in Shelby count make it to Semi Final rounds. This team is young and exciting to watch, but its schedule was pretty weak at best. We hope that Tigers and Bear can get each other back on the schedule for a little football next year, as the tigers will move back up to 2A D2 next season. You heard SA

Schedules are gonna be the same next year. 

On 12/11/2020 at 11:07 PM, sthtxfisher said:

If the other coaches in the district are to dumb, lazy or scared to call this out, then that is on them.

3 hours ago, Guest Good season Timpson said:

Joaquin went to seminals in 2009. JS