Lindale vs LBJ - State Semi-finals George Turner Stadium, Humble Tx @ 7:30

LindalePride2002

Watched Recap video.   LBJ has some speed.  According to this article, their DB’s shutdown the pass so Miler QB, Body (48 carries for 278 yards), did all the running.    With Jenkins & Peterson, LBJ will have two problems.   That should be one more than they can handle.  Plus, if Body could get 278 yards, Jenkins might get 378.   I’m going with Lindale.  And 110 sounds close for over/under.

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/12/05/lbj-outlasts-cc-miller-advance-4-a-state-semifinals/3844022001/

17 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

This one could be similar to the Needville game...last one with the ball may win.

LBJ will be very fast. Not sure how many stops Lindale can get. But from what I've heard LBJ isn't very disciplined and I don't think they can shutdown Jenkins. 

I agree.  If LBJ had trouble stopping Body running, the Miller QB, imagine the trouble stopping Jenkins.   That young man is something else.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

You getting suspended for posting this is PC Gone Wild.   Freaking country has gone crazy.

The first thing I noticed, before the game even started, was LJB had no class.  That's my opinion.  Other folks are entitled to their opinions, but if you want to lose support for sporting events, at all levels, keep making it about something else.  

• Like 2

Wish there was a vote on this thread.   I’m picking Lindale in a close one.   Seems like most going with LBJ.   IF, big if, Lindale gets on top a couple of scores, there’s a good possibility that LBJ will start beating themselves with PF’s.   That’s what undisciplined teams do.

People are underestimating Lindale. Don’t assume it’s just a one man show. Plenty of other have stepped up when necessary. I think the coaches are smart though. Why would they stop giving it to #22 if he is running wild like he has been?

if I remember correctly, he had to come out for about 5 plays against Kilgore and Lindale still picked them apart on their way to a TD early in the game. #22 went back in when they got down to the 1 yard line. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

People are underestimating Lindale. Don’t assume it’s just a one man show. Plenty of other have stepped up when necessary. I think the coaches are smart though. Why would they stop giving it to #22 if he is running wild like he has been?

if I remember correctly, he had to come out for about 5 plays against Kilgore and Lindale still picked them apart on their way to a TD early in the game. #22 went back in when they got down to the 1 yard line. 

I’m also impressed with Lindale’s QB & receivers.   Peterson has a good arm, and better than average speed(imo).  And kudos to the OL play.   Only weakness is defense, but they seem to get the job done when it’s crunch time.

I think this should be a pretty good matchup between two really good teams. Lindale will rely on the running attack from the stud RB Jenkins. LBJ seems to rely on a multitude of players but mainly they’re two D1 commits Mukuba and McCutchin. I think I’m going to take LBJ in a close one because of their explosiveness and playmaking ability. 

LBJ RB’s hit the holes in the middle fast.  Look like the Miller LB’s we’re taking themselves out of the play committing to early.  Hope Lindale Coaches have their LB’s ready.   

As an outsider, I can tell you one thing.  Lindale Football games are anything but boring, lol.   C’mon boys, put another notch in your claw.

On a side note, anyone know how many yards rushing Jenkins has this year?