Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Carthage vs Wimberley


Recommended Posts

Friday, 7:30 in New Caney

Wimberley got past Navarro and Carthage slid past China Spring. 
Wimberley has a big RB who likes contact and a pretty solid QB. 
This is the first time Carthage and Wimberley have ever played so I don’t know what to expect except to say Wimberley has been to the big dance so being in the semifinals against Carthage will not be too big a stage for Wimberley emotionally or psychologically.

I did watch some of the Fredericksburg at Wimberley and Kennedale at Wimberley games from earlier this season. 
I really like the setting of the Texans’ stadium and I love how they come down that hill. The stadium is really neat and I like Wimberley’s uniforms and colors. 
I understand none of the stadium stuff has anything to do with the game, but just enjoyed seeing football being played in a different part of the state and the setting of the stadium, etc.

Thinking Carthage will play disciplined football all the way around, all three phases. I’m thinking Carthage will out scheme and out athlete Wimberley and win by about the same margin as they did versus China Spring.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been in 8 hour meetings Tuesday and Wednesday, and have an  8 hour meeting tomorrow. I have been in a hotel since Tuesday night, I will drive 2 hours home tomorrow afternoon and get to sleep in

They mite have pizz'd Horton off with that hit...lol he may make em pay...

Wimberley 27 Carthage 24  The football God has spoken!✌️

16 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Friday, 7:30 in New Caney

Wimberley got past Navarro and Carthage slid past China Spring. 
Wimberley has a big RB who likes contact and a pretty solid QB. 
This is the first time Carthage and Wimberley have ever played so I don’t know what to expect except to say Wimberley has been to the big dance so being in the semifinals against Carthage will not be too big a stage for Wimberley emotionally or psychologically.

I did watch some of the Fredericksburg at Wimberley and Kennedale at Wimberley games from earlier this season. 
I really like the setting of the Texans’ stadium and I love how they come down that hill. The stadium is really neat and I like Wimberley’s uniforms and colors. 
I understand none of the stadium stuff has anything to do with the game, but just enjoyed seeing football being played in a different part of the state and the setting of the stadium, etc.

Thinking Carthage will play disciplined football all the way around, all three phases. I’m thinking Carthage will out scheme and out athlete Wimberley and win by about the same margin as they did versus China Spring.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

As much as I hate to say it, this one looks like another 49-14 type game based on what I have seen.  🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be completely wrong but just watching highlights and film from Wimberly I was not overly impressed by anything. I know they must be in the semi final for a reason, but I think this is going to be another blowout win for Carthage.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I could be completely wrong but just watching highlights and film from Wimberly I was not overly impressed by anything. I know they must be in the semi final for a reason, but I think this is going to be another blowout win for Carthage.

Region 4 not very talented this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m seeing Wimberley is going to have massive problems with the Carthage front 7. I bet it leads to two Carthage interceptions. 
Looks to me like Courtney is going to have another massive rushing yardage and touchdowns night. 
 

Hoping the game is out of reach by halftime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the Wimberley vs Fredericksburg game on YouTube. Wimberley has some decent size kids on both lines, but I don't see them winning the battle up front. The rest of the Wimberley defense looks like a bunch of Jr High kids and a few of them play both ways, they will be gassed by 3rd quarter. The RB, #17, is a good physical runner but our LBs should be able to tackle him in space. Wimberley showed a lot of different formations and ran several different plays from them, it will good to see Carthage play a more balanced team. I think Carthage wins 49 to 14. Go Dawgs!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Region 4 in D-2 hasn't had a good team for a long time except for one year with Cuero.  The very next year Cuero was back to normal again.  In fact, Cuero seems to always be the one team in Region 4 that can win a semifinal.......and it's years in between, or a decade. Still waiting for Navarro or Wimberley or somebody to rise up with a really good team down there.  Navasota dropped down to Division 2 in Region 4 now........maybe they can be the one.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Region 4 in D-2 hasn't had a good team for a long time except for one year with Cuero.  The very next year Cuero was back to normal again.  In fact, Cuero seems to always be the one team in Region 4 that can win a semifinal.......and it's years in between, or a decade. Still waiting for Navarro or Wimberley or somebody to rise up with a really good team down there.  Navasota dropped down to Division 2 in Region 4 now........maybe they can be the one.  

Not really sure how Wimberley would contend against Gilmer either.......maybe a good game against Graham in Region 1.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go...I see Carthage playing down this week,Wimberley aint levaga or argyle,Carthage ain't getting up for wreckage this week..Dawgs win but in just a workman style game,Surratt ain't showing nuthin but basics before Jerry's world...stay healthy and play just enough to get to the dance...then flat shows out...chain out ✌️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Chain has spoken and I like what he’s saying.

Yeah, he has much more football savvy than that TCU44 wannabe.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I’m seeing Wimberley is going to have massive problems with the Carthage front 7. I bet it leads to two Carthage interceptions. 
Looks to me like Courtney is going to have another massive rushing yardage and touchdowns night. 
 

Hoping the game is out of reach by halftime.

This totally goes against what I said last week but I must admit, the blowout win was pretty entertaining to me. I see and hope for a repeat this week.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Texans win by touchdown. 

You could only fight off the Surratt Derangement Syndrome for so long, huh?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This totally goes against what I said last week but I must admit, the blowout win was pretty entertaining to me. I see and hope for a repeat this week.

I love seeing the Bulldogs leave zero doubt about who is the better team. It also keeps the opposing fans from pointing to any calls by the refs that may not have gone their way as being the reason they lost.

In the CS game there were a few calls that seemed to go Carthage’s way in the first half. A butt whipping of 52-14 gives the coaches and fans of the opposition no leg to stand on in saying one or two flags or lack there of during the game is why they lost.

My favorite domination by the Dawgs was last season’s state championship win over La Vega. They had a starting LB out due to injury, but the thumping the Bulldogs put on them shuts down any talk about an injury being the cause for the loss.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

You could only fight off the Surratt Derangement Syndrome for so long, huh?

Doh!😱

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...