A&M Consolidated (8-2) vs. Pine Tree (8-1-1)...7pm Friday at Pirate Stadium... Longview

RandyJohnson

1 hour ago, EazyMoney said:

Pine Tree has a good chance to get the home win here, but I think I’ll still have to pick Consol to advance.  Their tradition and great coaching will be tough to beat.  I think 10-5A will go 3-1 in this bi-district round. 

It should be noted that while Consolidated has tradition and great coaching BUT they STILL have to go on their longest trip away from home...quite possibly farther than they've ever had to travel...at least in recent memory.

I think 9-5A will gain a split with Texas High and Pine Tree advancing.

R.J.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

It should be noted that while Consolidated has tradition and great coaching BUT they STILL have to go on their longest trip away from home...quite possibly farther than they've ever had to travel...at least in recent memory.

An under-appreciated point. Traveling has a much bigger impact on schoolboy ball than college or pro. A long trip can sometimes sap the visiting team. I've seen it happen many times. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LOL said:

An under-appreciated point. Traveling has a much bigger impact on schoolboy ball than college or pro. A long trip can sometimes sap the visiting team. I've seen it happen many times. 

Yes it’s over 3 hours for Consol which is why it’s tough to pick this one.  This is one of the more intriguing matchups in this region.  Consol and Barbers Hill are probably the two Region 3 road teams with the best chance to move on.  

AMC has had playoff games in Midlothian, the cotton bowl, Dallas, Waco..... I don’t think travel is a big deal o them. 

Not saying PT doesn’t have an advantage playing at home. They do. Just that well seasoned playoff teams don’t seem as bothered by it. 

I’m wondering how the weather is going to affect each offense more. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Hey PT, get revenge for Carthage for what happened in '91.

Pine Tree is hoping to exact revenge for last seasons loss at AMC...lol !

Of course, should the Pirates win then the Carthage fandom can feel that vibe from 29 years ago. 😜

• Like 1