Graham vs Wimberley 4A D2 State Title Game!!

TCU44

54 minutes ago, buckeyebob said:

My crystal ball says steers choose up sides for round ball

They are a solid team, but I didn't see the stud standouts that win championships from Graham.  

And me "rooting for them" is not a shot at Gilmer.  Graham is in our district and I have 3 good friends that are on staff/directly involved with their football team.  It would be cool to have a state finalist from the hills west of Ft. Worth playing next week.

2 minutes ago, NotCoachVice said:

Carthage had extra prep weeks thanks to a hurricane and COVID. I don’t think Gilmer will beat Carthage second time around but Gilmer is a different team now than they were. And Carthage won’t get a month of preparation this time. 

A month of preparation or 2/3 games to get better in non-district. ....At least 99% of the coaches will take playing games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotCoachVice said:

Carthage had extra prep weeks thanks to a hurricane and COVID. I don’t think Gilmer will beat Carthage second time around but Gilmer is a different team now than they were. And Carthage won’t get a month of preparation this time. 

It would be a serious miscalculation  if one were think Scott Surratt isn’t looking & preparing Several Weeks ahead of schedule every year; He Knows the Bucs are still out there, plotting & scheming, Just like He , Preston & Company are; That’s why he is The GOAT... 😜

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotCoachVice said:

This for real? They turned around the next week and put it on Pleasant Grove. Must have split those extra prep weeks to work on them too!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NotCoachVice said:

I could see the score being slightly closer. But I do mean slightly. I wasn’t aware Buckeyes fans were thinking that their team lost because of “extra prep”. Carthage had to introduce over a dozen new starters to this years team and they got to play one game (week 1 or 0, whatever they call it) before having to only practice until Gilmer. As hard as they were trying to find opponents, I promise you Surratt would have rather played games. And if Surratt would have rather played games that tells me that it’s more beneficial to be playing football and getting your players experience than “extra prep”. Bunch of bologna.

• Like 1

Not all Buckeye fans think that way, mike.  Carthage is actually on a whole other level than any 4A team in the state.  It will take for Carthage to have a few turnovers, penalties, and also near perfect play by any team left to compete with them.  I think because of the familiarity, though, that Gilmer would play them better than the other two teams that are left.  "Extra prep" had nothing to do with their win against Gilmer earlier in the season.  The Buckeyes were outmanned in that match up.  Maybe a little more experience will help the Buckeyes play them closer than the earlier match up, but I wouldn't count on it.  Having the opportunity is the goal at this point, and that starts with Graham Friday night.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Not all Buckeye fans think that way, mike.  Carthage is actually on a whole other level than any 4A team in the state.  It will take for Carthage to have a few turnovers, penalties, and also near perfect play by any team left to compete with them.  I think because of the familiarity, though, that Gilmer would play them better than the other two teams that are left.  "Extra prep" had nothing to do with their win against Gilmer earlier in the season.  The Buckeyes were outmanned in that match up.  Maybe a little more experience will help the Buckeyes play them closer than the earlier match up, but I wouldn't count on it.  Having the opportunity is the goal at this point, and that starts with Graham Friday night.

I hear you. And I do truly think it will be a slightly better game. And if it were any other team on this side of the bracket, besides Carthage, I'd pick Gilmer to win the state game. I'm very impressed by them and their playoff performances!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I hear you. And I do truly think it will be a slightly better game. And if it were any other team on this side of the bracket, besides Carthage, I'd pick Gilmer to win the state game. I'm very impressed by them and their playoff performances!

We're still getting ahead of ourselves a little.  Graham ain't no slouch of a team obviously.  Our focus is only on the Steers, and that's where it should be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

We're still getting ahead of ourselves a little.  Graham ain't no slouch of a team obviously.  Our focus is only on the Steers, and that's where it should be.

By the way, Pigskin Preps has Graham as a 2-point favorite.