Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Friday, December 18, 2020 AT&T Stadium Dallas Texas.. Carthage Bulldogs vs Gilmer Buckeyes


State Championship  

103 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?

    • Gilmer Buckeyes
    • Carthage Bulldogs

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2020 at 06:00 PM

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the type of #### that people previously said about Gilmer when Jeff Traylor was there. We would always say that there is no recruiting, but kids do see quality programs and families move to ci

East Texas should be proud of both programs. They are the best in 4a division 2. I know only one will be crowned state champs. I respect both programs but my pick is Carthage over Gilmer 44-28. The be

BTW(by the way), while we are all here and it's 2020 for the non "moral victories" crusaders out there. Yes there are such things I know for a fact because I awarded myself a nice trophy just yesterda

Posted Images

This is a game for the state championship.  I don't think "billboard material" is needed.  If you're not motivated enough already you have not given the game enough thought.  We already know what Carthage brings to the game.  It's not rocket science.  Gilmer will have to play out of their mind to stay within striking distance.  The Buckeyes will have to establish offensive rhythm against the best 4A defense in the state, while getting several stops defensively.  I like what the new coaches are doing at Gilmer.  I think we will be very good for as long as we have them.

I hope the Buckeyes come out on fire and can put 4 quarters together because that's what it's going to take.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

This is a game for the state championship.  I don't think "billboard material" is needed.  If you're not motivated enough already you have not given the game enough thought.

BOOOOOOOOO! We want some drama. I heard this lady left her 11 kids at Jeff Traylor Stadium back in September and they beat Gilmer 42-14. 

                     - Source unknown (but I bet it was someone from Carthage)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

BOOOOOOOOO! We want some drama. I heard this lady left her 11 kids at Jeff Traylor Stadium back in September and they beat Gilmer 42-14. 

                     - Source unknown (but I bet it was someone from Carthage)

image.jpeg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Carthage Pugs 😂

I freakin love Pugs and would gladly change mascot to Carthage Pugs. And imagine the humiliation... "Ahh man, we just got throttled by the fighting Pugs of Carthage.."

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

I didn't to get a chance to watch the first meeting between these 2 teams earlier this year.  Watching the gilmer broadcast on youtube.  Lol @ the gilmer announcers.  Every time Dawgs would face a 4th down they'd be like "Surratt's gonna punt it here,  no doubt." I'm thinking have you guys never seen a Carhage Bulldog football game before?  Geez...

Lol. They think every other teams duty is to punt on 4th down. We stopped you for 3 downs and now you must kick to us. 

On the other hand, as far as they are concerned,  we are in 4 down territory from our own 15. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

This is a game for the state championship.  I don't think "billboard material" is needed.  If you're not motivated enough already you have not given the game enough thought.  We already know what Carthage brings to the game.  It's not rocket science.  Gilmer will have to play out of their mind to stay within striking distance.  The Buckeyes will have to establish offensive rhythm against the best 4A defense in the state, while getting several stops defensively.  I like what the new coaches are doing at Gilmer.  I think we will be very good for as long as we have them.

I hope the Buckeyes come out on fire and can put 4 quarters together because that's what it's going to take.

Grown folks talk on football boards. Kids play the games. There isn't a kid in that field house that doesn't think we can't win. This is a stepping stone, a building block of things to come.......but tomorrow its a shot for all the marbles. They have done well and I'm proud of every one of them no matter what the outcome.  The ole oblong ball bounces funny sometimes.  Maybe tomorrow it will bounce our way a few times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

The Bulldogs are looking a little this when they know they have to play Gilmer again.

image.jpeg

You kid yourself; Dawgs ain’t skeered of nobody....😜

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jubilant said:

Grown folks talk on football boards. Kids play the games. There isn't a kid in that field house that doesn't think we can't win. This is a stepping stone, a building block of things to come.......but tomorrow its a shot for all the marbles. They have done well and I'm proud of every one of them no matter what the outcome.  The ole oblong ball bounces funny sometimes.  Maybe tomorrow it will bounce our way a few times. 

I don't know about "grown folks" talking on here a lot of these times.🙃 Think TCU44...

...but I agree with you on the rest.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

FB_IMG_1608242990991.jpg

I am ready for tomorrow. I believe Carthage will win 35 to 14. Seen this picture on Facebook, thought I would share it on here. Go Dawgs!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jubilant said:

Lol. They think every other teams duty is to punt on 4th down. We stopped you for 3 downs and now you must kick to us. 

On the other hand, as far as they are concerned,  we are in 4 down territory from our own 15. 

Dawgs are always in 4 down territory.  Went for it from inside our own 10 against Wimberley.  In 2013 title game against kilgore went for it inside our own 20,  and made it.  Learned a long time ago not to question the mad scientist,  else I could get wacked upside the head and all them rings leave some deep bruises.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Dawgs are always in 4 down territory.  Went for it from inside our own 10 against Wimberley.  In 2013 title game against kilgore went for it inside our own 20,  and made it.  Learned a long time ago not to question the mad scientist,  else I could get wacked upside the head and all them rings leave some deep bruises.

We went for it on 4th and forever inside our own 20 in the 2016 title game against Abilene Wylie and converted it too. 
When we lined up on 4th down inside our own 10 last week I didn’t bat an eye. 


When we didn’t make it zero eyes batted then either. I think the defense this year gives SS that much more confidence in going for it all the time.

HA!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

We went for it on 4th and forever inside our own 20 in the 2016 title game against Abilene Wylie and converted it too. 
When we lined up on 4th down inside our own 10 last week I didn’t bat an eye. 


When we didn’t make it zero eyes batted then either. I think the defense this year gives SS that much more confidence in going for it all the time.

HA!

With that defense I would go for it every time. By far the best defense in all of 4a

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...