The Smoakhouse Forums

4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Triple header tomorrow on Thursday, then the two 4-A games on Friday.  Jerryworld will seem empty this season compared to past seasons........but actually according to past history, the 4A games typically host around 17,000. I remember in 2013 when Argyle won it.......that year there were in excess of 20,000 watching that game against Fairfield.......over 25,000 in the 4th quarter because Denton Guyer was coming up next.

The Fri night game will likely be max capacity with 5A & 6A playing in Jan.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations to Argyle on a great season and a great performance in the State Championship game! That’s a great team! Well deserved. Congrats to Lindale on a wonderful season that had a lot of

Congratulations Argyle on your state championship. Congratulations Lindale on a great season. I believe Lindale can build on this and try again next year. 

I feel much better now after relieving my bowels all over wtxfootball

Posted Images

Yeah......there won't be any 5A and 6A fans this season......esp. since on Friday night at that time their teams will still be playing in the  area rounds this season.  But with the limited seating anyway.......should still be enough fans to make it an exciting atmosphere at Jerryworld.  Certainly better than watching those Pro football games on TV this season, Huh?  Nobody in the stands and just fan noise injected in the stadium........totally ridiculous if you ask me.

26 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The first game of the Championships kicks at 2 pm today on FSSW for the 6-man D-1 game.  The 6-,man D-2 game starting at 7 pm has been postponed due to Covid.  

The 6 man Div 2 game was scheduled for 11:00 but was postponed...………..Mart and Windthorst  is the 7:00 game

Just now, cotton84 said:

The 6 man Div 2 game was scheduled for 11:00 but was cancelled...………..Mart and Windthorst  is the 7:00 game

Just now, cotton84 said:

The 6 man Div 2 game was scheduled for 11:00 but was cancelled...………..Mart and Windthorst  is the 7:00 game

Okay......good deal.  I was wondering when the first 2A game was gonna be played.  They rearranged the schedule and just dropped the early game off the schedule this week.  

9 hours ago, tartar said:

I seem to remember it more as the year we had a HC kid at QB that had absolutely no business playing that position and it’s what cost us the game. All they had to do was hand it to Ralston one more time to avoid the OT debacle. 

1 hour ago, TCU44 said:

Lindale with that stud  RB I think they have a chance for sure! They obviously are pretty good to since they are here in the state game!✌️

Did Reagle Pay you to say that?!?!😳😜

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

no need to.......the Lindale fans are hyped naturally......lol.

I was SPEAKING to TCU44 being the kiss of Death to teams he picks!😜

• Like 1
15 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Lindale is very good. Argyle been #1 for many years just to fall short almost every  single year. Truly successful program that hasn’t finished. Lindale has never made past area until this year. No one expected a state championship appearance . 

Lindale has been playing at the 5A level until this year.

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

That dang keyboard is a conspiracy I tell you. Always changing my talk 

The struggle is real.....😜

• Haha 1

I remain to be torn about this one.  Argyle seems to be the heavy favorite,  Lindale sort of the cinderalla story.  On one hand I think heart says lindale but head says argyle. On the other I wonder if this will be another year where argyle fails to seal the deal?  What has me leaning argyle is all the talk that lindale doesn't have the D to slow argyle down.  Hmmm I just don't know.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

I remain to be torn about this one.  Argyle seems to be the heavy favorite,  Lindale sort of the cinderalla story.  On one hand I think heart says lindale but head says argyle. On the other I wonder if this will be another year where argyle fails to seal the deal?  What has me leaning argyle is all the talk that lindale doesn't have the D to slow argyle down.  Hmmm I just don't know.

What may have you thinking Lindale is whether or not Rogers is going to make another bonehead decision in the big game.

13 minutes ago, SDCAVEMAN said:

What may have you thinking Lindale is whether or not Rogers is going to make another bonehead decision in the big game.

Well,  TBH,  It may would help if I'd seen either team play.  I haven't.  Perhaps ignorance is the reason for my indecision.  Lol.  I'm off work until after christmas,  I'll check out each of their last games on tx live then maybe I'll have half a clue what I'm talking about. Well scratch that idea,  my Tx live script has expired.

Edited by DAWG91