The Smoakhouse Forums

4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle

State Championship  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations to Argyle on a great season and a great performance in the State Championship game! That’s a great team! Well deserved. Congrats to Lindale on a wonderful season that had a lot of

Congratulations Argyle on your state championship. Congratulations Lindale on a great season. I believe Lindale can build on this and try again next year. 

I feel much better now after relieving my bowels all over wtxfootball

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Rogers is the QB......Rodgers is the HC/AD......just to clear up any confusions for later.

And just to clear up my statement, I meant the coach.

After watching several Lindale games I have come to the conclusion this matchup won’t be close. Lindale doesn’t have the defense to stop nor slow down that potent offense of Argyle. I also don’t think Lindale has faced a defense as good as Argyle this year. Give me Argyle by 24

Guess I'll have to go with the Argyllians.  Really wanna pull the trigger on Lindale but just can't.  All these years year after year Argyle is in the hunt but never can close the deal.  They're due. Congrats in advance.

9 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Guess I'll have to go with the Argyllians.  Really wanna pull the trigger on Lindale but just can't.  All these years year after year Argyle is in the hunt but never can close the deal.  They're due. Congrats in advance.

I like to call them the Argonauts. 

Jason and the Argonauts.......but we don't have a Jason.  But this year we have a CJ as in ClarkJr. Superman,a Kirkpatrick like Capt. Kirk, a Jasper like Jasper Cornwallis, a Cash Walker like Cash in the bank, a Jett Copeland like leaving on a Jet plane.  The Tucker Boyz as in tucker them out at the LOS.   Oh.....and the soph Felton twins......who felt they should play football for Argyle the next few years.

Man I feel like that running back from Lindale is going to give Argyle all kinds of trouble! Nobody is picking them to win but I think Lindale might win this game! They didn’t make it this far because they ####.✌️

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Man I feel like that running back from Lindale is going to give Argyle all kinds of trouble! Nobody is picking them to win but I think Lindale might win this game! They didn’t make it this far because they ####.✌️

Jenkins is gonna be a load to contain and stop for sure.  Once he's in the open field one on one......he will be very tough to bring down. Has speed to burn too.  Just don't let him get up some steam because he's a downhiller.  The LB's will need to be very active in their pursuit and not assume somebody else will get him.....the dbacks too.

Just now, regaleagle said:

I'm glad Argyle has so many good secondary players this season.......rotated in and out all season long.

Some are better against a run-heavy team and some are better against the pass......a good mix.

The problem teams face every week against the Argyle defense is in the red zone. Your gonna get your yards, but the scores don’t come very easy or often. This Argyle defense is way better than they get credit for. 

1 hour ago, Argyle2014 said:

After watching several Lindale games I have come to the conclusion this matchup won’t be close. Lindale doesn’t have the defense to stop nor slow down that potent offense of Argyle. I also don’t think Lindale has faced a defense as good as Argyle this year. Give me Argyle by 24

Secretly I'm hoping Coach Rodgers will let the flood gates open......but I know he will play it close to the vest if Argyle gets a 2 TD lead.  He will be in favor of running the ball and killing clocktime as opposed to taking chances by throwing the ball around to our  fantastic receiving corps.  

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Secretly I'm hoping Coach Rodgers will let the flood gates open......but I know he will play it close to the vest if Argyle gets a 2 TD lead.  He will be in favor of running the ball and killing clocktime as opposed to taking chances by throwing the ball around to our  fantastic receiving corps.  

He figures a good lead is all Argyle needs for the D to play tough and maybe get a turnover for a short field to score again......why chance the passing attack when you don't have to?  So this game WILL NOT be a blowout.....no way Jose.  But it could be just the opposite......nip and tuck all the way.

I think both teams will score on each other's D in the first quarter and 2nd quarter, then both teams will make adjustments at halftime.  Argyle's coaching staff is known for its halftime adjustments for the team, so I expect another big 3rd quarter for Argyle to take a commanding lead in this game.  Lindale will have to make equally good halftime adjustments to stop Argyle in the 3rd quarter to send this game to the 4th close.

IF  Lindale has the halftime lead, then Argyle will come out with a more wide-open offense in the 2nd half to get the lead, then do some things on defense to try to shut down the Lindale attack......or at least get some key stops.