Jump to content

4A D1 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP Lindale vs Argyle


Jakeelee05
 Share

State Championship  

66 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Ya Got?


This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2020 at 01:00 AM

Recommended Posts

Jason and the Argonauts.......but we don't have a Jason.  But this year we have a CJ as in ClarkJr. Superman,a Kirkpatrick like Capt. Kirk, a Jasper like Jasper Cornwallis, a Cash Walker like Cash in the bank, a Jett Copeland like leaving on a Jet plane.  The Tucker Boyz as in tucker them out at the LOS.   Oh.....and the soph Felton twins......who felt they should play football for Argyle the next few years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Man I feel like that running back from Lindale is going to give Argyle all kinds of trouble! Nobody is picking them to win but I think Lindale might win this game! They didn’t make it this far because they ####.✌️

Jenkins is gonna be a load to contain and stop for sure.  Once he's in the open field one on one......he will be very tough to bring down. Has speed to burn too.  Just don't let him get up some steam because he's a downhiller.  The LB's will need to be very active in their pursuit and not assume somebody else will get him.....the dbacks too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Argyle2014 said:

After watching several Lindale games I have come to the conclusion this matchup won’t be close. Lindale doesn’t have the defense to stop nor slow down that potent offense of Argyle. I also don’t think Lindale has faced a defense as good as Argyle this year. Give me Argyle by 24

Secretly I'm hoping Coach Rodgers will let the flood gates open......but I know he will play it close to the vest if Argyle gets a 2 TD lead.  He will be in favor of running the ball and killing clocktime as opposed to taking chances by throwing the ball around to our  fantastic receiving corps.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Secretly I'm hoping Coach Rodgers will let the flood gates open......but I know he will play it close to the vest if Argyle gets a 2 TD lead.  He will be in favor of running the ball and killing clocktime as opposed to taking chances by throwing the ball around to our  fantastic receiving corps.  

He figures a good lead is all Argyle needs for the D to play tough and maybe get a turnover for a short field to score again......why chance the passing attack when you don't have to?  So this game WILL NOT be a blowout.....no way Jose.  But it could be just the opposite......nip and tuck all the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think both teams will score on each other's D in the first quarter and 2nd quarter, then both teams will make adjustments at halftime.  Argyle's coaching staff is known for its halftime adjustments for the team, so I expect another big 3rd quarter for Argyle to take a commanding lead in this game.  Lindale will have to make equally good halftime adjustments to stop Argyle in the 3rd quarter to send this game to the 4th close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I think both teams will score on each other's D in the first quarter and 2nd quarter, then both teams will make adjustments at halftime.  Argyle's coaching staff is known for its halftime adjustments for the team, so I expect another big 3rd quarter for Argyle to take a commanding lead in this game.  Lindale will have to make equally good halftime adjustments to stop Argyle in the 3rd quarter to send this game to the 4th close.

Lindale overcame a 21 point deficit last week in the 2nd half.  Looks like they can make halftime adjustments too.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idk if Argyle’s faced an RB as talented as Jenkins this year. My bets are: 

Argyle getting shell shocked in the first half for a tight score: 14-21 or vice versa— then taking the second half for a +14 victory. 

or 

Argyle completely shutting down Jenkins in the first half, then he finds his groove in the second half against a tired Argyle defense to make it a nail-biter. 

Either way, Argyle keys on Jenkins which should make opportunities for other Lindale play makers like their QB Peterson. So if my 2nd guess is correct, the big plays will come from the passing game or from Peterson’s legs until Jenkins acclimates to Argyles speed on D.
 

I think Argyle is a better team across the board with talented depth chart. However, Lindale’s resilience and come-from-behind victories make them very dangerous. I think Argyle wins, but it wont be a blow out. Jmo 

Now watch me be completely wrong lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Crapola said:

Idk if Argyle’s faced an RB as talented as Jenkins this year. My bets are: 

Argyle getting shell shocked in the first half for a tight score: 14-21 or vice versa— then taking the second half for a +14 victory. 

or 

Argyle completely shutting down Jenkins in the first half, then he finds his groove in the second half against a tired Argyle defense to make it a nail-biter. 

Either way, Argyle keys on Jenkins which should make opportunities for other Lindale play makers like their QB Peterson. So if my 2nd guess is correct, the big plays will come from the passing game or from Peterson’s legs until Jenkins acclimates to Argyles speed on D.
 

I think Argyle is a better team across the board with talented depth chart. However, Lindale’s resilience and come-from-behind victories make them very dangerous. I think Argyle wins, but it wont be a blow out. Jmo 

Now watch me be completely wrong lol

That’s why they play the game....👌😋

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not so fast there........Argyle is on a mission and will be one tough customer for Lindale in this game.  They have the weapons on offense and the speed on defense to keep Jenkins from going off.  They play a different style of D this season than ever before.......bend but don't break......and it works with their speed.  They will give up some plays.......but can be very stout most of the game.  Good at causing turnovers too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say that Paris had some very talented and speedy backs with power......and La Vega had speedsters that knew how to hit the tiniest of holes and slide thru.  Both were very quick in the open field, but could not make their hay against this season's Argyle D.  It wasn't that the Argyle offense just overwhelmed either team with high scores........the Argyle D kept the scoring low.  So Argyle didn't have to score that many points to win either game......and played the backups in both games in the 4th quarter.  Something to chew on......most points scored against Argyle this season were scored against the backups on defense in the 4th qtrs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW......our kicker Caden Dodson has hit a 51 yd field goal this season.  He's not perfect, but has good technique and leg strength. He's only a junior this season.  Argyle has 4 RB's they use interchangeably in most games.......all are quality type RB's with experience.  Usually only one is back there at any one time.  The rest are receivers.......so get ready for bedazzlement.   Indoors helps the passing and kicking games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

BTW......our kicker Caden Dodson has hit a 51 yd field goal this season.  He's not perfect, but has good technique and leg strength. He's only a junior this season.  Argyle has 4 RB's they use interchangeably in most games.......all are quality type RB's with experience.  Usually only one is back there at any one time.  The rest are receivers.......so get ready for bedazzlement.   Indoors helps the passing and kicking games.

I  forgot to mention something......Dodson is ambi-legsterous, LOL.  Just watch tomorrow and you might see what I mean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...