5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Ryan confirming with its play today vs HP, what I thought last week. They’re one of the best defensive teams we’ve faced in a long, long time.

I know this might be more far fetched for me but I feel like Lancaster offense was more dangerous than Ryan’s and that’s saying a lot for me LOL. But the defense is legit! But I don’t see a team left that could score on them

25 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I know this might be more far fetched for me but I feel like Lancaster offense was more dangerous than Ryan’s and that’s saying a lot for me LOL. But the defense is legit! But I don’t see a team left that could score on them

Ryan's offense was never all world, but they do enough and having a straight grown man out wide certainly helps. 

Now....their defense makes up for whatever holes that team may have offensively. Reason why I was much more worried about that side of the ball than their offense last week. Like I posted on the 6A board, they're one of the best defenses I've seen in the 2nd highest classification. 

Every now and then, you'll get a 5A (old 4A) team that would legit be a top 10 6A team. Its rare.

Outside of NS, DV and Westlake....I'm not sure who else in 6A is beating Ryan this year.

47 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Ryan's offense was never all world, but they do enough and having a straight grown man out wide certainly helps. 

Now....their defense makes up for whatever holes that team may have offensively. Reason why I was much more worried about that side of the ball than their offense last week. Like I posted on the 6A board, they're one of the best defenses I've seen in the 2nd highest classification. 

Every now and then, you'll get a 5A (old 4A) team that would legit be a top 10 6A team. Its rare.

Outside of NS, DV and Westlake....I'm not sure who else in 6A is beating Ryan this year.

I don't know....I thought HP missed a couple of wide open TDs that were non rushed throws that could have turned the game....I thought HP could have won this game.  The problem is no one else left can throw the ball very well.  I really think NS or DV would beat them by 21+

35 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I don't know....I thought HP missed a couple of wide open TDs that were non rushed throws that could have turned the game....I thought HP could have won this game.  The problem is no one else left can throw the ball very well.  I really think NS or DV would beat them by 21+

Cedar Park can sling it...almost as good as HP. Summit also has Hal Pressley....not quite Jalen Hale but a solid big body WR with FBS attention....has been solid in the playoffs so far.

NS, DV and Westlake would no doubt beat Ryan. No one is beating NS. But 4-10, I think Ryan can beat.

• Like 1