Jump to content

5A Division I Region II Semi-Finals: Longview vs Denton Ryan


LoboFan07
 Share

Longview Lobos (9-2) vs Denton Ryan Raiders (11-0)  

48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a close one
    • Denton Ryan in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/26/2020 at 08:00 PM

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Quick said:

Please, quit speaking in absolutes. You of all people should have watched enough high school football or football in general to know that NOTHING is absolute in this game.

They’re not rushing for close to half of our season total.

Passing yards, maybe. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LufkinPack said:

Lancaster was never a threat. Idgaf how fast and athletic they are. They choke as much as Lufkin does come playoff time. 

lol. I've been seeing this a lot.

Reminds me of 2018 when Longview smoked Vandegrift. Before that game, everyone was talking about how good Vandy was. And they were good. Then after LV beat them the way they did...people changed up the narrative....saying they werent a good team.

I think we all know Lancaster was beating down on some bad teams all year but acting like that team was a scrub is funny. They were a good team. Maybe not HP/Ryan/LV good but still good. Easily the most talented Lancaster team that I can remember. And I definitely dont get the comparison to LP when it comes to playoff success. When's the last time Lancaster took a 1st round L? Heck they have a recent state title appearance under the current coaching staff.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

lol. I've been seeing this a lot.

Reminds me of 2018 when Longview smoked Vandegrift. Before that game, everyone was talking about how good Vandy was. And they were good. Then after LV beat them the way they did...people changed up the narrative....saying they werent a good team.

I think we all know Lancaster was beating down on some bad teams all year but acting like that team was a scrub is funny. They were a good team. Maybe not HP/Ryan/LV good but still good. Easily the most talented Lancaster team that I can remember. And I definitely dont get the comparison to LP when it comes to playoff success. When's the last time Lancaster took a 1st round L? Heck they have a recent state title appearance under the current coaching staff.

this is probably the most ridiculous thing that I have heard all year...the downplaying of Lancaster by the casual keyboard football expert is nauseating...it was clear listening to commentators and reading their lines that Lancaster was a top 10 team.  Even one of the more respected sports authorities said this was possibly one of the fastest high school football teams he had ever seen throughout the year...

Solid win against a solid team...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

lol. I've been seeing this a lot.

Reminds me of 2018 when Longview smoked Vandegrift. Before that game, everyone was talking about how good Vandy was. And they were good. Then after LV beat them the way they did...people changed up the narrative....saying they werent a good team.

I think we all know Lancaster was beating down on some bad teams all year but acting like that team was a scrub is funny. They were a good team. Maybe not HP/Ryan/LV good but still good. Easily the most talented Lancaster team that I can remember. And I definitely dont get the comparison to LP when it comes to playoff success. When's the last time Lancaster took a 1st round L? Heck they have a recent state title appearance under the current coaching staff.

Lanscaster hasn’t has as much success as you think which is why I don’t understand how they get so much praise when they have average playoff runs, similar to Lufkin and Tyler to an extent or most average playoff teams. Since the Cinderella run in 2012 they have..

2013- missed the playoffs

2014- lost in the first round

2015- 4th round loss

2016- 4th round loss

2017- missed the playoffs

2018- lost in the second round to Tyler

2019- 4th round loss

2020- 2nd round loss

they missed the playoffs twice

they have lost in the second round twice in the last three years and they just mixed it in with good runs just like Lufkin and schools around. How is that being considered being a top team when you lost in second round twice in the last three years? If it was any other team we would be saying they are no good or overrated. Idk maybe Im just not understanding where y’all are coming from, you would’ve thought after  that beat down would have changed y’all mind on them cause it would have if it was someone else LOL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Lanscaster hasn’t has as much success as you think which is why I don’t understand how they get so much praise when they have average playoff runs, similar to Lufkin and Tyler to an extent or most average playoff teams. Since the Cinderella run in 2012 they have..

2013- missed the playoffs

2014- lost in the first round

2015- 4th round loss

2016- 4th round loss

2017- missed the playoffs

2018- lost in the second round to Tyler

2019- 4th round loss

2020- 2nd round loss

they missed the playoffs twice

they have lost in the second round twice in the last three years and they just mixed it in with good runs just like Lufkin and schools around. How is that being considered being a top team when you lost in second round twice in the last three years? If it was any other team we would be saying they are no good or overrated. Idk maybe Im just not understanding where y’all are coming from, you would’ve thought after  that beat down would have changed y’all mind on them cause it would have if it was someone else LOL. 

Context. So their playoff losses in that time frame were to:

2014: SOC (10-4, loss to Aledo in the 4th round)

2015: Lone Star (14-2, who played for a SC that year)

2016: Poteet (who loss to Aledo in the semis)

2018: Tyler (who loss to HP in quarters)

2019: Lone Star (who loss to Denton Ryan in the semis)

I ask you...how many of those losses were really CHOKE jobs? Or did they lose to better teams?

Yeah they missed playoffs two years in good districts with lower than normal talent....but still went at least 4 rounds deep 4 times since 2012 including a state game appearance. 

That does not compare to Lufkin.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Context. So their playoff losses in that time frame were to:

2014: SOC (10-4, loss to Aledo in the 4th round)

2015: Lone Star (14-2, who played for a SC that year)

2016: Poteet (who loss to Aledo in the semis)

2018: Tyler (who loss to HP in quarters)

2019: Lone Star (who loss to Denton Ryan in the semis)

I ask you...how many of those losses were really CHOKE jobs? Or did they lose to better teams?

Yeah they missed playoffs two years in good districts with lower than normal talent....but still went at least 4 rounds deep 4 times since 2012 including a state game appearance. 

That does not compare to Lufkin.

 

2014 lost first round to Longview 

 

2015 lost to Longview (who went 4 deep)

 

2016 lost to Tyler (who went 3 deep)

 

2017 lost 4th round to Longview 

 

2018 lost to Lone star (who lost to that Tyler team you compared for Lancaster)

 

2019 lost 1st round to Texas high 

 

Too many first round losses but most of the time it was connected to teams with success. So maybe we just lost to the better teams too. One constant though, at least we didn’t miss the playoffs any lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LufkinPack said:

Bro y’all are tough man lol 

Nah, we’re softies at heart. 

I do think the media is underselling big time but oh well. Very 2015 Lake Ridge feeling going into this one for me. No one gave us a chance to compete in that one, then we go out and blow it on the last playoff. 

Oh well. I’m just ready for Saturday to get here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

this is probably the most ridiculous thing that I have heard all year...the downplaying of Lancaster by the casual keyboard football expert is nauseating...it was clear listening to commentators and reading their lines that Lancaster was a top 10 team.  Even one of the more respected sports authorities said this was possibly one of the fastest high school football teams he had ever seen throughout the year...

Solid win against a solid team...

Its crazy.

Like I said....not as good as HP/Ryan/LV/Cedar Park but they were definitely top 10. 

And without a doubt the most talented Lancaster team I've seen.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nah, we’re softies at heart. 

I do think the media is underselling big time but oh well. Very 2015 Lake Ridge feeling going into this one for me. No one gave us a chance to compete in that one, then we go out and blow it on the last playoff. 

Oh well. I’m just ready for Saturday to get here.

I understand man. I certainly can respect the passion. I definitely respect the program. And I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous. Lufkin sure makes it tough for their fans to really stand up and say anything. They can’t back us up and support us with their on field success. Just ####. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, LufkinPack said:

2014 lost first round to Longview 

 

2015 lost to Longview (who went 4 deep)

 

2016 lost to Tyler (who went 3 deep)

 

2017 lost 4th round to Longview 

 

2018 lost to Lone star (who lost to that Tyler team you compared for Lancaster)

 

2019 lost 1st round to Texas high 

 

Too many first round losses but most of the time it was connected to teams with success. So maybe we just lost to the better teams too. One constant though, at least we didn’t miss the playoffs any lol 

I just don't get the Lancaster-LP comparison.

Let me ask you this, who has been more dominant from '12 -'20: Lufkin or John Tyler?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Quick said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! University of Oklahoma what are you guys waiting on!!!!!!!????

If a certain purple and orange team in the ACC offers, its gonna be hard to top that. That's his dream school from what I'm told.

Then again, anything is possible. We thought Haynes was a lock for LSU but ended up at A&M.

Crazy that Hale is an even better basketball player. Dealing with another Bobby Taylor type of athlete. Good on the track too. His pops still holds some of the fastest track times in UIL history.

And make no mistake about it...his two brothers are studs themselves leading this Lobo defense. Recruiting is biased toward size but those two dudes are FBS talents too....just stuck in smaller frames.

But yeah...Jalen is a monster. And like I've always said....only a piece to the puzzle of Longview's youth. Lot of great talent coming up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I just don't get the Lancaster-LP comparison.

Let me ask you this, who has been more dominant from '12 -'20: Lufkin or John Tyler?

Playoff wise, obviously John Tyler. But look at our overall Wins-Losses records. Plus, who had missed the playoffs and who hasn’t 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Quick said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! University of Oklahoma what are you guys waiting on!!!!!!!????

Maaaaan, don't even get me started. :angry:

Riley & Co. have zero respect for East Texas, and have totally snoozed on plenty of 9-0-3 talent. I've tried to utilize my own marginal connections to the athletic dept. and the feedback I've heard is that they prefer to focus on the metro areas (DFW/Houston/Austin, etc.) which is ironic considering that Riley himself comes from a podunk Texas town. You'd think he'd be sympathetic for the hinterlands, especially considering how many Sooner legends are from here. Malcolm Kelly, Trent Williams, etc. and etc. 

16 minutes ago, ANTI said:

If a certain purple and orange team in the ACC offers, its gonna be hard to top that. That's his dream school from what I'm told.

Then again, anything is possible. We thought Haynes was a lock for LSU but ended up at A&M.

Crazy that Hale is an even better basketball player. Dealing with another Bobby Taylor type of athlete. Good on the track too. His pops still holds some of the fastest track times in UIL history.

And make no mistake about it...his two brothers are studs themselves leading this Lobo defense. Recruiting is biased toward size but those two dudes are FBS talents too....just stuck in smaller frames.

But yeah...Jalen is a monster. And like I've always said....only a piece to the puzzle of Longview's youth. Lot of great talent coming up.

Offer his brothers and you've got him. Make it a package deal. C'mon y'all this is too easy! Make it happen Sooners! 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nah, we’re softies at heart. 

I do think the media is underselling big time but oh well. Very 2015 Lake Ridge feeling going into this one for me. No one gave us a chance to compete in that one, then we go out and blow it on the last playoff. 

Oh well. I’m just ready for Saturday to get here.

In terms of media not giving LV a shot...

I think about both Desoto games in 2010 and 2011. The Klein Collins game in 2017. Evangel in 2002. John Curtis in 2007. Sorta Vandy in 2018 (although that was more so people in general not giving LV a shot in that one).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LOL said:

Maaaaan, don't even get me started. :angry:

Riley & Co. have zero respect for East Texas, and have totally snoozed on plenty of 9-0-3 talent. I've tried to utilize my own marginal connections to the athletic dept. and the feedback I've heard is that they prefer to focus on the metro areas (DFW/Houston/Austin, etc.) which is ironic considering that Riley himself comes from a podunk Texas town. You'd think he'd be sympathetic for the hinterlands, especially considering how many Sooner legends are from here. Malcolm Kelly, Trent Williams, etc. and etc. 

Offer his brothers and you've got him. Make it a package deal. C'mon y'all this is too easy! Make it happen Sooners! 

I dont like OU but I cant lie....he'd look amazing in that Riley offense and their WRs tend to find success in the league.

Like you said though....Riley is weird when it comes to ETX lately. He came to the Lobo den a few times to watch Haynes but never pulled the trigger.

Love my Longhorns but they're too out of wack...dont want them wasting his talents. Hoping Goram-Welch finds success there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...