Crosby vs. Fort Bend Marshall Reg. III final

dme1111

I don't even know who to pick...  Who do you guys think wins it?

Definitely two high flying offenses!!!

Bi District            Crosby 66 - Willowridge 0                       FBM 21      PNG 14

Area                    Crosby 62 - #5 Texas High 42                FBM 48    Montgomery 28

Regional Semi-- Crosby 32 - #4 Huntsville 29                  FBM 49     Nederland 0

18 minutes ago, dme1111 said:

Ya been right thus far!

They are the Region III champs until they aren't anymore.  I've always believed that of winning programs.

Although I think Crosby will be their toughest test to date. 

Whoever wins this game advances to state IMHO

8 hours ago, dme1111 said:

Ya been right thus far!

He's been wrong every time! Lol

I'm rooting for Crosby, but IMHO it's hard to say who wins. If Dunn is a no go I'd say Crosby don't have a chance. If he's able to play it's going to be one interesting game come Jan. 1st

2 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

How do you figure??

Ive picked FBM every week and they are still playing. 

I picked Crosby to beat Texas High. 

i picked Huntsville in the first two rounds.  

The only game I’ve missed is Huntsville/Crosby. 

6 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

Wrong????   Well.....you made me go back and look at my Region III picks for the playoffs.... 

I was (7-1) in the first round.  My only miss was picking AMC over Pine Tree (Overtime game).

I was (4-0) in the 2nd round.

I was (1-1) in the 3rd round.  I picked Huntsville over Crosby (also an Overtime game)

--------

I'd say going (12-2) with both losses coming in OT says I'm doing alright with my picks.

I'm guessing that I've been "wrong every time" because I picked Huntsville over Crosby...... although I picked them the two prior weeks.

I even picked them to beat Texas High..... after seeing the Tigers struggle Vs. Nacogdoches and Lake Creek.... I had a feeling.  I was right.

Not sure how I could have picked the region much better.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, Mavchamp said:

How do you figure??

On 12/13/2020 at 5:32 PM, Mavchamp said:

I think Texas High takes it. 

But I think it’ll be a tough close game. 

21-17

You have picked against Crosby every time and they have won every time . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cougar239 said:

You have picked against Crosby every time and they have won every time . 

Wrong. 
I picked Crosby to win their first and second round games.

I didn’t pick against them until this past week Vs Huntsville  

On 12/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, Mavchamp said:

How do you figure??

On 12/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, Mavchamp said:

2.  I was a little shocked at how THS struggled with Lake Creek in the first half.  But the final score was about what I expected.  Tigers are going to have their hands full with Crosby.  But it's definitely winnable for them

I'm not sure I'd call that much of a pick

And I didn't pick this game for my team either.  Our secondary was always our weakest point.  I was very surprised we couldn't run at all when we needed to. I thought we had a 50:50 shot, but in reality Crosby was much better. It is hard to compare teams from different regions with no common foes.

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:
On 12/11/2020 at 11:45 PM, Mavchamp said:

2.  I was a little shocked at how THS struggled with Lake Creek in the first half.  But the final score was about what I expected.  Tigers are going to have their hands full with Crosby.  But it's definitely winnable for them

I'm not sure I'd call that much of a pick

And I didn't pick this game for my team either.  Our secondary was always our weakest point.  I was very surprised we couldn't run at all when we needed to. I thought we had a 50:50 shot, but in reality Crosby was much better. It is hard to compare teams from different regions with no common foes.

Expand  

No secret I was pulling for the Tigers to win.  I cheer for everyone in the district except Whitehouse.  But I wasn’t sold on them anymore.  

I honestly thought THS was special this season..... until I saw them struggle against Nac and then again against Lake Creek. 

I was pulling for the Tigers Vs Crosby for sure. But I had a feeling it was the end of the road if their struggles continued... and they did. 

Pulling for the Tigers!

But expecting a 21 point win over Crosby... I dunno..... 

Considering THS’ struggles with Nac and for a half with Lake Creek.....a 3 score win over a Crosby team that’s significantly better than either one of their previous opponents seems unlikely. 

But ultimately.... no matter if you win by 1 or 21.... a win is a win.  

28 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Congrats to Crosby on the big win today.  That was a tough gritty win.

I think you guys win pretty easily next week in the semis.  

Impressive run by Crosby.  The last three weeks they have beaten the teams ranked 3-5 in 5AD2.  If Crosby were to win state then they will have beaten at least four top ten teams and maybe a fifth.  That is a tough playoff schedule to say the least.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HGWar6 said:

Impressive run by Crosby.  The last three weeks they have beaten the teams ranked 3-5 in 5AD2.  If Crosby were to win state then they will have beaten at least four top ten teams and maybe a fifth.  That is a tough playoff schedule to say the least.

I think they coast next week Vs. Region IV in the semis.

But whoever they get in the state championship is going to be their toughest game to date.  

I'm guessing Aledo.  They have all the pedigree in the world. 

But Region I has a history of shocking Region II in the semis.....