Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

Texas hosts their big recruiting weekend vs OKst. Lots of big time targets from every class will be in town.

The biggest name…Arch Manning. Sark and QB coach Milwee will be in Louisiana on Thursday night to watch Arch play and then the Manning’s will make an UOV starting Friday. If Texas can get a win over #12 OKst at home and the offense impresses like it did vs OU, I think Texas will be the team to beat. 

20 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas hosts their big recruiting weekend vs OKst. Lots of big time targets from every class will be in town.

The biggest name…Arch Manning. Sark and QB coach Milwee will be in Louisiana on Thursday night to watch Arch play and then the Manning’s will make an UOV starting Friday. If Texas can get a win over #12 OKst at home and the offense impresses like it did vs OU, I think Texas will be the team to beat. 

Agreed 100%. That game in the Cotton Bowl will be a blip on the radar if the team can rally, respond, and go on a winning streak. I think they can. Oklahoma State is OKAY. Barely beat Tulsa and Boise, but did have an impressive win against Baylor. Definitely beatable by this Sark-coached team. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Win the next three and Texas will face OU again.  I don't see Texas losing the last three games and even so they'd have the tiebreaker over the other contenders.  Still think @ ISU will be the toughest.

Manning ends up at Texas IMO barring a collapse.  You'll also see other big time recruits jump on board as well.

• Like 2

I believe I read the depth chart right.. We only have 1 true senior that starts that has burned all four years right? 

Only two on offense! If that is correct that makes me feel a lot better about next year squad and the one after that..

12 minutes ago, bigj said:

I believe I read the depth chart right.. We only have 1 true senior that starts that has burned all four years right? 

Only two on offense! If that is correct that makes me feel a lot better about next year squad and the one after that..

They will be very good next year with who all is coming back and 1 year under Sark's belt

5 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

They will be very good next year with who all is coming back and 1 year under Sark's belt

Plus next year recruiting class might be in the top 5 and that transfer portal will be the biggest yet and will probably put teams over the top…

The five star Ath Sanders, I would try him at dend and see if he turns into a super star.. Offense will be fine next year..

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bigj said:

Plus next year recruiting class might be in the top 5 and that transfer portal will be the biggest yet and will probably put teams over the top…

The five star Ath Sanders, I would try him at dend and see if he turns into a super star.. Offense will be fine next year..

Barring any injuries, Bijan win the Heisman next year. Ill go ahead and call it now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Oh 100%. I hope those 2 losses dont hurt him though....

Both will be forgotten if UT wins out, especially if he continues to be the bellcow. After all, he rushed for 206 and 2tds in those two losses (averaging 5.3 yds carry). He has time to bolster his case and ample opportunity for a Heisman moment. It's all on Sark to make it happen. 

• Thanks 1

Yes I believe they can get better game by game!!! But transfer portal will be huge for Texas… I could see us going after everyone… lol 

I went and watch the film again and they were terrible and mean terrible in one on one… It was so bad for a D1 lineman…

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'm optimistic there can be an improvement on the OL in the off season

I've seen on a few message boards some "rumors" (so take it FWIW) of several OL that may enter the portal and come to Texas.  Familiar names.  Again, just message board gossip, but who knows.

• Like 1

The first half of the OU game was the best play calling/offensive play that Texas has had in a loooong time.  It looked like Bama' last year with Sark.  It's still going to take a little time, but I think eventually that's what it'll look like for the most part.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigj said:

I think Kerstetter and Brewer would be the only two losses on offense, but I honestly don't know how the "extra" covid year works.  Neither of those two have red shirted so 🤷‍♂️

I'm disappointed in Kwiatkowski and his D' so far.  Maybe he doesn't have the type of personel he likes, but Texas should still be better than what they have been doing.  I do think if Rattler had played the whole game Texas runs away with it, but that shouldn't matter.

I guess if anything positive to point to is WR's aren't running free or wide open like years past.  To many times against OU Texas was in position to make a stop for minimal/no gain.

Kendra Coburn hasn't done squat and Sweat should be starting IMO with Murphy being the backup.  Jett Bush should never see the field.  Ever.  Safety play hasn't been good either.  Schooler is a JAG and Foster looks disinterested at times.  Give Crawford a shot somewhere.

5 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

I'm optimistic there can be an improvement on the OL in the off season

The young ones will be good, but need a couple years.  They need more seasoned depth.  How often do you see Bama, Georgia or Ohio State trot out freshman and sophomores?  Texas has a reoccurring problem, OL having to play before they’re ready.  They need 4-5 guys to come in that can give the young ones another year to develop 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

The young ones will be good, but need a couple years.  They need more seasoned depth.  How often do you see Bama, Georgia or Ohio State trot out freshman and sophomores?  Texas has a reoccurring problem, OL having to play before they’re ready.  They need 4-5 guys to come in that can give the young ones another year to develop 

The reason I'm optimistic is because I like what Sark and the coaching staff are doing. Not saying "give them 2-3 recruiting classes to figure it out", but the way they've handled the cards they were dealt has been encouraging.

In other words, Texas' biggest problem has always been player development. I believe we have seen improvements week to week from various groups (even though not always consistent) on this squad which leaves me optimistic that Sark and staff can actually develop the talent they have. I see it. They aren't waiting until they get "their guys", which is the excuse Herman and Strong had. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The reason I'm optimistic is because I like what Sark and the coaching staff are doing. Not saying "give them 2-3 recruiting classes to figure it out", but the way they've handled the cards they were dealt has been encouraging.

Exactly this. You need to talk your boys off the ledge. The moves Sark's already made has Texas looking stronger than I've seen them in years. The playcalling has improved exponentially, and the softness of the Herman years is all but non-existent. That's fairly remarkable to see in just his first season. 

48 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

In other words, Texas' biggest problem has always been player development. I believe we have seen improvements week to week from various groups (even though not always consistent) on this squad which leaves me optimistic that Sark and staff can actually develop the talent they have. I see it. They aren't waiting until they get "their guys", which is the excuse Herman and Strong had. 

I agree with that part.  They are moving forward for sure.  I just don’t think we’ll see the full potential of Sark’s offense until the OL is like it should be.  His playcalling has been really good for the most part.  I think Arkansas was the wake up call for him as to how bad the OL was/is.  The third quarter against ou I think he realized their DL was better than he originally thought.  I just believe he got in clock milking mode and OU controlled that quarter.  Hard to adjust when you don’t have the ball.  

• Mr. P locked this topic