Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

Am I crazy for believing I'm seeing Overshown improve substantially each week? He was huge in the OU game. Delivering massive blows. 

Both of the Alabama transfers are now making waves. Ben Davis with the Rattler forced fumble, and Keilan Robinson has been making a difference. 

Bijan is extraordinary, and it really makes me feel bad for Roschon Johnson. He's been a rock Texas has leaned on for a while, and now he's taking the back seat. It's a tough situation, because Bijan's talent is really unmatched from any back I've seen thus far. Johnson was the hero though. He made a position change when Texas had no RB depth at all. Now it seems they're as deep as anyone at RB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Bijan is extraordinary, and it really makes me feel bad for Roschon Johnson. He's been a rock Texas has leaned on for a while, and now he's taking the back seat. It's a tough situation, because Bijan's talent is really unmatched from any back I've seen thus far. Johnson was the hero though. He made a position change when Texas had no RB depth at all. Now it seems they're as deep as anyone at RB. 

Yeah, what's up with that? I understand giving Bijan more carries, but why isn't Roschon getting targets?

On a very simplistic level I think you could have both of them in the backfield to put pressure on the defense. If they key on Bijan inside you get it to Johnson outside in space. Has he been banged-up or something? I really expected to see more of him this season. 

2 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, what's up with that? I understand giving Bijan more carries, but why isn't Roschon getting targets?

On a very simplistic level I think you could have both of them in the backfield to put pressure on the defense. If they key on Bijan inside you get it to Johnson outside in space. Has he been banged-up or something? I really expected to see more of him this season. 

It's weird man. The few times he has touched the ball... fireworks.

Also to add the the list of improved players - Anthony Cook. I expected him to come along a lot sooner than he did, but he's really come on this season in his SR year. 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

Exactly this. You need to talk your boys off the ledge. The moves Sark's already made has Texas looking stronger than I've seen them in years. The playcalling has improved exponentially, and the softness of the Herman years is all but non-existent. That's fairly remarkable to see in just his first season. 

Thank you! This team has turned a complete 180 vibe with Sark than what we saw with Herman and Strong. Not just X's and O's, but just the confidence they have.

After Worthy fumbled the kickoff return, Sark grabbed him, made him smile, and told him he was giving him the ball right back. And he did. Worthy tied it up immediately after. That's awesome. I have no reason to be pessimistic outside the obvious Oline/Dline issues that I believe will only get better.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I agree with that part.  They are moving forward for sure.  I just don’t think we’ll see the full potential of Sark’s offense until the OL is like it should be.  His playcalling has been really good for the most part.  I think Arkansas was the wake up call for him as to how bad the OL was/is.  The third quarter against ou I think he realized their DL was better than he originally thought.  I just believe he got in clock milking mode and OU controlled that quarter.  Hard to adjust when you don’t have the ball.  

Agreed 100%. I'm not excusing the Oline. Shoot, even the Dline for that matter. But I think it's only up from here which is I guess the point I'm trying to make. 

28 minutes ago, LOL said:

24 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's weird man. The few times he has touched the ball... fireworks.

Also to add the the list of improved players - Anthony Cook. I expected him to come along a lot sooner than he did, but he's really come on this season in his SR year. 

I think the addition of Keilan has limited RoJo, which I guess is a good problem to have because Keilan has ridiculous speed. I'm surprised he isn't on kickoffs. Also, keep in mind that RoJo had never played RB until he got to Texas. He's had to learn that position as he goes. He's done and exceptional job, but maybe Sark is trying to keep all 3 somewhat happy. Not totally sure. 

I do hate it for RoJo. Dude has been a solid player and leader since he got on campus. Really good kid. I hope we see more of him in some way. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Big 12 Champion Texas . Wins rematch  goes to the playoffs gets drilled by Alabama/ Georgia This game probably most likely loss but Texas is usually good after the RrR.

Two loss team isn't getting in the playoffs.  But if they make it to the Big 12 Championship game then a good possibility to play in the Sugar Bowl or another NY6 bowl against someone like Kentucky or Ole Miss.

6 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Two loss team isn't getting in the playoffs.  But if they make it to the Big 12 Championship game then a good possibility to play in the Sugar Bowl or another NY6 bowl against someone like Kentucky or Ole Miss.

I could see a rematch with Arkie depending how the season plays out.

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Kentucky will be your playoff/NY6 teams from the SEC.  After that the highest bowls in the SEC are the Florida bowls like Gator, Citrus, and Outback.  I think you'll see Florida and Auburn in two of those.  After that maybe Arkansas or A&M.  If they go the route of assigning teams to local bowls then you probably have A&M/Arkansas in the Texas and Liberty Bowl.  

Does Mississippi State look to make a bowl?  LSU seems unlikely and I honestly don't know about the East after Georgia, Florida, and Kentucky.  Maybe Tennessee?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Either way, if Texas can get to the Big 12 Championship game and a NY6 Bowl then I'd say that's a big successful first season for Sark.  IDK what more you could ask for.  It'll depend on the next three games IMO, Texas "should" win the last three.  I think they win this week and after the BYE against Baylor, so it may come down to @ ISU.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

If Texas makes it to conf championship with two losses, you can bet the refs will ensure a one loss ou or ok state wins.  They want a team in the playoffs.  

• Roll Eyes 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

If Texas makes it to conf championship with two losses, you can bet the refs will ensure a one loss ou or ok state wins.  They want a team in the playoffs.  

If Okie State is there, I agree.   But with Oklahoma and Texas both Sec bound, I  don’t think the higher ups of the Big 12 care if Okie makes the playoffs or not. Just my opinion.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

If Okie State is there, I agree.   But with Oklahoma and Texas both Sec bound, I  don’t think the higher ups of the Big 12 care if Okie makes the playoffs or not. Just my opinion.  

More money for conference in the playoffs.  If a 2-loss Texas knocks off a 1-loss (or undefeated) ou or OkSt it knocks the Big12 out of the cfp money.  One true champion ring a bell???

Texas has some big time visitors for tomorrow's game with Oklahoma State:

5* QB - Arch Manning (LA)

5* WR - Evan Stewart (TX)

4* DL - Quency Wiggins (LA)

5* RB - Rueben Owens (TX)

4* WR - Johntay Cook (TX)

4* S - Larry Turner-Gooden (CA)

5* S - Jacoby Matthews (LA)

5* OT - Kelvin Banks

4* OT - Malik Agbo (WA)

5* WR - Jalen Hale (TX)

4* OL - Earnest Greene (CA)

3* CB - Vernon Glover (TX)

4* TE - Jaleel Skinner (this one is very interesting as he recently committed to Alabama)

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, Red90fly said:

I've seen on a few message boards some "rumors" (so take it FWIW) of several OL that may enter the portal and come to Texas.  Familiar names.  Again, just message board gossip, but who knows.

Any with the last name of Brockermeyer? lol

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Texas has some big time visitors for tomorrow's game with Oklahoma State:

5* QB - Arch Manning (LA)

5* WR - Evan Stewart (TX)

4* DL - Quency Wiggins (LA)

5* RB - Rueben Owens (TX)

4* WR - Johntay Cook (TX)

4* S - Larry Turner-Gooden (CA)

5* S - Jacoby Matthews (LA)

4* OT - Malik Agbo (WA)

5* WR - Jalen Hale (TX)

4* OL - Earnest Greene (CA)

3* CB - Vernon Glover (TX)

4* TE - Jaleel Skinner (this one is very interesting as he recently committed to Alabama)

This is probably a question for another thread, but there is no way in hell that Lane Kiffen leaves Ole Miss if he gets the commitment from Arch Manning right?

On 10/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, ETXfan16 said:

I think the addition of Keilan has limited RoJo, which I guess is a good problem to have because Keilan has ridiculous speed. I'm surprised he isn't on kickoffs. Also, keep in mind that RoJo had never played RB until he got to Texas. He's had to learn that position as he goes. He's done and exceptional job, but maybe Sark is trying to keep all 3 somewhat happy. Not totally sure. 

I do hate it for RoJo. Dude has been a solid player and leader since he got on campus. Really good kid. I hope we see more of him in some way. 

I have to disagree. I think Bijan's emergence as a stud has more to do with it than anything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

This is probably a question for another thread, but there is no way in hell that Lane Kiffen leaves Ole Miss if he gets the commitment from Arch Manning right?

I would think not. However, I don’t think Ole Miss gets him anyway 

• Mr. P locked this topic