Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Perfect timing.......left right at half and got back with the Barbeque right before kickoff.  2 meat plate from Southside with potato salad and beans.  Made a pineapple upside down cake last night.......that'll work.

Beverage?? 

36 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

They haven't reviewed anything. The 10 flags are due to players committing penalties. They’ve all been legit. 

Let’s not look for things to criticize that aren’t there. 

They rev’d a spot in the first that was obviously short.  The knee was down.

two personal fouls shouldn’t have been called.  Coburn was hustling and the play was going out of bounds.  Yes he grabbed the collar, but it wasn’t intentional.  That flag changed the game, and could’ve easily been not called.  The personal foul against the OSU TE was stupid too.  Let them play.  

38 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Giving up 6 points isn’t awful. 

however, the tackling is verrry bad 

Tackling is the most important thing to a defense.  If you can’t tackle, you ####.  I will say, the young LBs look promising.  Overshown just can’t plug the run.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They rev’d a spot in the first that was obviously short.  The knee was down.

two personal fouls shouldn’t have been called.  Coburn was hustling and the play was going out of bounds.  Yes he grabbed the collar, but it wasn’t intentional.  That flag changed the game, and could’ve easily been not called.  The personal foul against the OSU TE was stupid too.  Let them play.  

The personal foul against Coburn was legit. It doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or not, it was clearly a horse collar tackle. That’s a penalty. 
Same with the one against the OSU TE. He ran up and shoved him after he was already going out of bounds. That is called 99% of the time. 

The only bad call I’ve seen this game, is the personal foul they just called while he was hitting the QB while still throwing the ball. 

Just now, Lobo97 said:

The personal foul against Coburn was legit. It doesn’t matter if it’s intentional or not, it was clearly a horse collar tackle. That’s a penalty. 
Same with the one against the OSU TE. He ran up and shoved him after he was already going out of bounds. That is called 99% of the time. 

The only bad call I’ve seen this game, is the personal foul they just called while he was hitting the QB while still throwing the ball. 

Both aforementioned weren’t going to change the game in any way.  Horse collar is dumb, unless it’s from straight from the back.  The extracurricular pushing nonsense can be handled with a warning first.  

• Like 1

Just now, bigj said:

You can’t change my mind that they don’t need Oklahoma st to be undefeated… The ref took his hand to the flag then said nope can’t do that.. That was worse then Texas penalty that he called..

Yep!  That’s why I won’t miss the big 12 refs

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

That was another horrible one, no call. That was literally the exact same tackle Texas got called for

It was worse and he took his hand automatically to the flag and pulled back.. That is text book definition of driving a Qb into the ground..  Same ref also I believe! 

• Mr. P locked this topic