Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

I'm golfing with some buddies early Saturday morning so I won't be watching. And yes, that was planned. Trying to teach myself to not let a football game ruin my Saturday for once.

My predication that the team with the most points wins.

Hook'em

On 10/27/2021 at 4:07 PM, ETXfan16 said:

I'm golfing with some buddies early Saturday morning so I won't be watching. And yes, that was planned. Trying to teach myself to not let a football game ruin my Saturday for once.

My predication that the team with the most points wins.

Hook'em

Like playing golf is any less mental anguish lol! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

Defense is holding strong. But Texas lacks playmakers on O, especially at WR. All you have is Worthy with Whittington out. Baylor will not let Bijan beat them.

Baylor IS pretty stout on defense, to be fair. I think we have to give Sark a few years to get some of the big playmakers to make his offense really go. 

6 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

I now know how @LOLfelt all those years with Mike Stoops at DC, playing his CBs 10 yards off the ball every down. SMH

Call me crazy, but I'd rather take my chances getting burned deep than give a 10+ yard cushion and let them push you down the field. 

13 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Baylor IS pretty stout on defense, to be fair. I think we have to give Sark a few years to get some of the big playmakers to make his offense really go. 

Texas needs to NIL the top OL recruits now.  It’s legal.  Big money and playing time should get what you need

Haven’t posted in a while because I’m so frustrated with this program. I just can’t understand why our team is so football stupid. I’m talking about stuff kids know in backyard football. I’m sick and tired of Texas thinking we can win simply because we recruit great athletes. 

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

Haven’t posted in a while because I’m so frustrated with this program. I just can’t understand why our team is so football stupid. I’m talking about stuff kids know in backyard football. I’m sick and tired of Texas thinking we can win simply because we recruit great athletes. 

Texas needs to recruit far better OL.  Until then, this is what you’re going to get.  

My last three comments…

1. Texas WRs need to work on hand strength. 

2. Casey Thompson is not the guy. He struggles when the pressure it on. Sure there were drops. But he doesn’t recognize pressure or see the field. He doesn’t understand how important it is to get yards on 2nd down when there’s open field and would rather force into coverage. 

3. We’ve got to find a DC. Other teams talk about beating us pre-snap due to alignment. We play 7 yards deep at corner and we’re peddling prior to the snap to simply watch a 5 yard hitch turn into a 12 yard gain. Our LBs consistently make bad reads instead of filling holes, and for the love of God, nobody seems to coach how to get off a block. I literally watched one of our guys turn a circle to get off a block as the pitch man ran right past him. 

• Mr. P locked this topic