Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

I also feel your pain Texas fans. I remember watching sherman in 2011 lose 6 games that he had a double digit lead in at halftime. One of them they had 200+ yards rushing in the first half and then attempted just 6 rushes in the second half while trying to protect a 17 point halftime lead... I actually thought Mike Sherman might have money on the game and was throwing it that it was so bad. 

There’s been some frustrating football played this year for both A&M and Texas. Player’s performance that makes you question talent. Coaching calls that make you wonder about competency. Let’s see what can happen to close out the season.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:19 PM, ETXfan16 said:

Just keeping up with the game on my phone Twitter. Sounds like same #### different week/year. Glad I’m not watching the rest of the year 

Same here.  Didn't watch Saturday and damn sure not watching this week.  Zero chance this team wins a night game in Ames with temps in the low 30's.  Zero.  This team will be lucky to be bowl eligible to go play in some doodoo bowl like Texas or Cheeze It.  When does baseball start?

I'll eat crow.  I thought Kwiatkowski would be a great hire at DC.  Dude had a resume as good as they come for over a decade.  I guess PAC 12 offenses are just total ####.  The hire had red flags if you think about it.  Defensive assistants were hired before the DC (Davis, Gideon, Joseph).  Muschamp had agreed to come and these were his guys he wanted, then he backed out. I'd be all over and see what Patterson's interest would be.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

I'll eat crow.  I thought Kwiatkowski would be a great hire at DC.  Dude had a resume as good as they come for over a decade.  I guess PAC 12 offenses are just total ####.  The hire had red flags if you think about it.  Defensive assistants were hired before the DC (Davis, Gideon, Joseph).  Muschamp had agreed to come and these were his guys he wanted, then he backed out. I'd be all over and see what Patterson's interest would be.

I seem to remember discussing this staff with someone and it might have been you... But the defensive staff choices were just bad. They aren't elite recruiters or coaches. Flood and Banks were solid hires but honestly those are the only assistants from that staff that really move the needle IMO. 

34 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I seem to remember discussing this staff with someone and it might have been you... But the defensive staff choices were just bad. They aren't elite recruiters or coaches. Flood and Banks were solid hires but honestly those are the only assistants from that staff that really move the needle IMO. 

Davis at DL is a good recruiter

Still a lot of football left…but going to be an interesting Spring in longhorn land. 

QB position is far from settled. Lots of moving and shaking to be done to improve the OL. Herman and Strong both kept poor assistant hires for too long and it cost them their jobs, does Sark adjust at all after 1 year?

4 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Still a lot of football left…but going to be an interesting Spring in longhorn land. 

QB position is far from settled. Lots of moving and shaking to be done to improve the OL. Herman and Strong both kept poor assistant hires for too long and it cost them their jobs, does Sark adjust at all after 1 year?

If you want o-line help you will either have to hit the portal or hope that Flood can improve the line play in year 2. 

I don't think that saying Sark wasn't a successful head coach at prior schools is very fair.

Washington - He took over a 0-12 (12-47 over the previous 5 years) team and turned them into a winning program in 2 years. Granted, his best season was 8-7, that was a culture change in itself.

USC - Let's not act like he didn't get screwed with the USC job timing anyways, same with Kiffin. Sanctions against USC, no post-season, so forth... He got the whole shaft. Kiffin fired, then interim coach, THEN Sark. Yeah he showed up drunk to practice, yeah he was going through a divorce. It is what it is. Seemed like a pretty down to Earth guy to me LOL.

I'm not giving up on Sark yet. It is downright embarrassing to watch and deal with right now though, I will not lie. There are so many problems week to week, it's unreal. I wish Sam would have stayed for that extra year of eligibility. He had that IT factor that I think might have saved us a couple of times. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he was an answer but that boy had heart, and that's something I feel like is missing from the program right now.

Really and truly though, the line is so bad, I don't expect much anymore. I tried to blame Thompson because of his lack of ability to make plays, even when bad snaps or something like that occur, but the defense is in his face constantly. 

Recruiting OL will be important, but they need to hit the transfer portal hard and heavy.  

14 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Same here.  Didn't watch Saturday and damn sure not watching this week.  Zero chance this team wins a night game in Ames with temps in the low 30's.  Zero.  This team will be lucky to be bowl eligible to go play in some doodoo bowl like Texas or Cheeze It.  When does baseball start?

Basketball is ranked 5 and has the second best chance odds to win the tournament. I'm drinking koolaid and I don't care. I need hope.

• Thanks 1

So I actually think the Oline is getting better in pass pro. According to PFF the Texas OTs gave up zero sacks and zero pressures vs Baylor. 

Christian Jones has improved every week at LT and will be back next year. Flood has done a good job this season considering where the Oline started. 

Texas  did struggle to run the ball Saturday and vs OKst but teams are stacking the box because they don’t fear Thompson or any of our receivers outside of Worthy. 

46 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

So I actually think the Oline is getting better in pass pro. According to PFF the Texas OTs gave up zero sacks and zero pressures vs Baylor. 

Christian Jones has improved every week at LT and will be back next year. Flood has done a good job this season considering where the Oline started. 

Texas  did struggle to run the ball Saturday and vs OKst but teams are stacking the box because they don’t fear Thompson or any of our receivers outside of Worthy. 

Zero pressures?  I saw Casey have to move around several times to avoid pressure.   

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

If that's true, I would really like to know what an actual QB pressure is. Just watching the 4th down play that ended the game, and the pick Thompson through, both were less than ideal situations. Pick was thrown after a 2 step drop, 3 steps and he would have been sacked, and the 4th down play, the pocket had collapsed and shifted, forcing him to roll out.

On 10/30/2021 at 5:32 PM, DB2point0 said:

$5 says Bijan transfers

I'm worried about this despite his saying his reasoning for coming was to take Texas back to the glory land. I think when he thinks about the offense disappearing for him much of the past few weeks he may say, "This Heisman was mine and they found a way to blow it"...

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic