Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yea its probably just bs. Nobody else is talking about it. I jumped the gun when I saw it on 247. My apologies. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bijan was held out vs Kansas. He had a shoulder or neck stinger on Saturday and today Sark called him day to day. 

6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Bijan was held out vs Kansas. He had a shoulder or neck stinger on Saturday and today Sark called him day to day. 

For sure. Gotta get him healthy. And even though Texas has had their struggles, they've lost to some pretty good teams. Kansas is not one of those teams. 

2 hours ago, LOL said:

It seems uncharacteristic. He strikes me as the kinda kid who'd try to play injured. I don't get a prima donna "business decisions" vibe from him at all

Yeah I agree. They’ll have to force that decision on him if they think it’s necessary. 

• Like 1

Huge, huge, huge next month for Sark and the football program as a whole. Need to find a way to stop the bleeding and get positive momentum going again. Find a way to win these last 3 and you are probably looking at the Texas Bowl against a mid-level SEC team (think Auburn, Tennessee, Kentucky). You somehow find a way to win that one and you have some really solid momentum built up heading into the spring and next season. All that said though…you have to win these next 3. They are all winnable. Their is nothing remotely scary about any of those 3. 

I am personally pulling for Sark to make the switch back to Card at QB. I’ve been saying it the whole time (when I post) that I think Sark had it right when he named Card out of camp, and just an unfortunate turn of circumstances in the Arkansas game forced his hand in switching to Thompson. We’ll never know the truth, but I think the plan all along was to get to Oklahoma with no worse than 1 loss with card at QB and then let em hang over the course of October and see if you are good enough to survive, by big 12 standards, a pretty difficult stretch of games. October 2nd through November 6th was as tough a stretch as this conference can produce and it showed some glaring problems that have to be addressed in the off-season. We’ll find out how good Sark and his coaching staff are real quick next year to see if those issues have been addressed. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas fans if you have Twitter go checkout this guys thread. Breaks down each recruiting class over the last 4 years and who is contributing now. Check out this snippet I screenshot…

58485493-ED22-44DA-BAA9-1C5DC590F244.jpeg

Regarding the OL, I’ve been saying this all year. The most telling moment to me, was when they had trouble with the Rice DL. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Regarding the OL, I’ve been saying this all year. The most telling moment to me, was when they had trouble with the Rice DL. 

So Rice recruited better front 7 players than Texas recruited oline? 

I'd be willing to bet if this guy did the average ranking of all the opponents Texas has faced thought the year only OU has higher averages in the front 7. 

I'm not saying that an upgrade in talent for Texas on the oline wouldn't help things, but its not the only problems they are having. You can probably compare their averages at every position and the only position on the entire team playing up to par right now is RB. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So Rice recruited better front 7 players than Texas recruited oline? 

I'd be willing to bet if this guy did the average ranking of all the opponents Texas has faced thought the year only OU has higher averages in the front 7. 

I'm not saying that an upgrade in talent for Texas on the oline wouldn't help things, but its not the only problems they are having. You can probably compare their averages at every position and the only position on the entire team playing up to par right now is RB. 

Talent is definitely lacking at Texas right now but they’re also lacking experience as well. The senior class is providing mostly on defense and the junior class was almost a complete bust. 

That jr class had 31 signees of the top 20 players in ranking only 2 are starters, Whittington is hurt, 3 medically retired, and 6 transferred. That was the 3rd ranked class in the country. 

There are other problems with the football program for sure and they shouldn’t be 4-5 but to just go off of team recruiting ranking and say Texas is not lacking talent would be false. 

• Wow 1

20 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This guy has a lot of misses lately. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

what the H377 this guy is throwing all kinds of mud out there to see if anything sticks. 

the teams to the Big10 would be exactly what I had predicted back as soon as UT and OU moved...I thought Baylor would go Pac or elsewhere actually...but hey cool, better for our next college football game. hope they move immediately and that allows the UT/OU move to move faster.

maybe Evans comes on down to UT, gets something together and creates a SUPERBACKFIELD with Bijan (until he skips off)...I'm actually worried he's done and may hit the portal for a "hotter" spot.

36 minutes ago, LOL said:

That just...   bewilders me. I just can't even comprehend how that's possible. 

I was shocked reading that thread and then looking through the recruiting classes. 

Perfect example is the LT position. You have Jr 3* Christian Jones .86 rating starting over Jr 4* Tyler Johnson .97 rating. 

People close to the program say Johnson doesn’t really care for football and is on tack to get his degree. I don’t believe Johnson is even on the 2 deep

• Wow 1

That's bananas. The next great college coach is gonna be whoever figures out these dang Zoomers. They're a weird bunch. 

I mean, with Millennials all you had to do was "feel their pain" and offer tons of validation. But this current generation...   man, they're space cadets. I say that as a parent to five of them.  

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

5 hours ago, LOL said:

That just...   bewilders me. I just can't even comprehend how that's possible. 

Its not lacking talent. Its lacking development. Are they national title level talented? No. Are they so depleted they should be 4-5 with that schedule? Hell no. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I love the passion Bo Davis brings, but just a reminder of Smoaky policy against language. That includes videos. I hid that one due to very strong language.

Bo Davis is that guy. If that's the philosophy that this new coaching staff is bringing to the table, then yeah it's going to be rough starting out. That's what this program needs tho. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LOL said:

That's bananas. The next great college coach is gonna be whoever figures out these dang Zoomers. They're a weird bunch. 

I mean, with Millennials all you had to do was "feel their pain" and offer tons of validation. But this current generation...   man, they're space cadets. I say that as a parent to five of them.  

This x 1000. I say this at work everyday.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic