Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

The Bo Davis stuff has blown up on Twitter, big time. Getting lots of recognition by former Texas stars. Kenny Vacarro, DeShon Elliott, Quandre Diggs... 

This dude plain told them, some of y'all need to get in the transfer portal... I got MY (explicit) kicked today. 

I think Bo Davis has sniffed out some losers, and he knows who they are. 

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

On a positive, #5 Texas basketball beat HBU 92-48 to start the season. They will travel to Spokane, WA to face #1 Gonzaga on Saturday.

Will Texas be a basketball school in the sec? 

I kid. But seriously they will be in very good shape to win the league from day 1. 

I think where you guys are going to enjoy the move the most is baseball. I think the sec baseball is probably better than its football. Some really good teams and venues to check out. I've made a couple of little weekend getaways out of just going to a road series and they are fun. 

That video getting leaked is a referendum on the players and previous culture at Texas, not on Bo Davis. Nothing Davis said is out of the ordinary for a coach. Especially one who just went and got beat 30-7 by Iowa State and who has players laughing and joking, which he apparently did. 

Sadly, the know-nothings on Twitter are making it into a big deal and it's just another thing for the Texas program in the wake of the Pole Assassin stuff. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That video getting leaked is a referendum on the players and previous culture at Texas, not on Bo Davis. Nothing Davis said is out of the ordinary for a coach. Especially one who just went and got beat 30-7 by Iowa State and who has players laughing and joking, which he apparently did. 

Sadly, the know-nothings on Twitter are making it into a big deal and it's just another thing for the Texas program in the wake of the Pole Assassin stuff. 

If the soyboys in ATX end up running him off, I would love to have him in Norman. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That was my first thought as well. The mere fact that one of the players was willing to put it out there, furthermore proves his point. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

I kid. But seriously they will be in very good shape to win the league from day 1. 

I think where you guys are going to enjoy the move the most is baseball. I think the sec baseball is probably better than its football. Some really good teams and venues to check out. I've made a couple of little weekend getaways out of just going to a road series and they are fun. 

Shoot they just might lol. I really like the Chris Beard hire. He's done a phenomenal job using the portal and building a top 5 squad quick. We will see how the season ends up.

And I agree 1000%. I LOVE this move for Texas baseball. Having Texas, A&M, Arkansas, LSU, Miss State, Ole Miss, Florida, Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina and even Auburn and Bama in there. Shoot. That is an awesome baseball conference! 

I got to go watch a series at Alex Box when the Horns played LSU and it was so awesome. Been to a game or two in Fayetteville as well. I was more excited for Texas to go to the SEC in regards to the baseball aspect than anything else.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A former Bama player (can't remember the name off the top of my head), tweeted the video and said something along the lines of Davis giving that speech at Bama multiple times. It's what motivated them to win championships.

No clue if the players take this and use it for motivation, but having some entitled kids get their ### handed to them was enough to make me love it.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 10:16 AM, Stoney said:

What’s the latest on OU/Texas timeline for joining the SEC? 

I heard a rumor it would be announced during the OU weekend. Apparently that was false.

If it falls in line with all of the other conference movement it will be 2023.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 9:04 PM, Lions70 said:

They probably get a better coach ( well at the time (Sumlin) had great potential. Made the transition easier going into the new conference. However, the Aggies were supposed to be bottom dwellers. I expect the expectations to be high for both. I could see 2022 their last year. The new schools are scheduled for 2023 right?  Just my opinion. 

Manziel made the transition easier.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 12:01 PM, LOL said:

Dang, that's a bummer. It looked like he was becoming a primary target. 

He made three major mistakes vs Baylor. Then compounded that by advising a coach how he should be used in the future.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

A poster on another board said the leaked post was by a defensive player because the offense and defense take different busses. Is that correct?

12 hours ago, WETSU said:

I thought the same thing about A&M a decade ago. 

The move has kind of made their B-ball program disappear.

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I thought the same thing about A&M a decade ago. 

The move has kind of made their B-ball program disappear.

They had a couple of good years. The last 2-3 have been rough. A&M doesn't appreciate basketball the way Texas does though. Reed Arena is outdated and its rarely full anyways. 

18 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Shoot they just might lol. I really like the Chris Beard hire. He's done a phenomenal job using the portal and building a top 5 squad quick. We will see how the season ends up.

And I agree 1000%. I LOVE this move for Texas baseball. Having Texas, A&M, Arkansas, LSU, Miss State, Ole Miss, Florida, Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina and even Auburn and Bama in there. Shoot. That is an awesome baseball conference! 

I got to go watch a series at Alex Box when the Horns played LSU and it was so awesome. Been to a game or two in Fayetteville as well. I was more excited for Texas to go to the SEC in regards to the baseball aspect than anything else.

I would say Baseball at "The Box" is a better experience than a Football game at Night in Tiger Stadium.  There is at least a less chance of getting puked on.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Rumors and posting fodder says Sarkisian is going to gut the roster during the offseason.

I don't think you excise this cancer completely without setting back the team at least two years. Get rid of the core malcontents and hope the lesser guilty fall in line.

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic