Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

Honest question for fans of other teams, how many of the starters for Texas would you want on your team besides Worthy and Bijan? 

This was supposed to be the big recruiting weekend for Texas. Kam Dewberry made it in. Harold Perkins. Devon Campbell. Difference makers. There’s video on the gram of Perkins and Dewberry laughing after Kansas scored the 2 point conversion.  The. You got Sark being asked if the players have tuned out the coaches, Sark telling the media that he doesn’t know, that they’ll have to ask the players.  Texas has got to get rid of their Sumlin and go find them their Jimbo. 

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And instead of acknowledging this as a fan base you'll just point to "what has aggy ever done" instead of realizing that deflecting this does not solve it. 

Not just Aggies, but all programs tgat have not won it all in modern football history.  And yes, Texas fans do expect greatness from their program.  They’ve experienced it in recent modern football history.  The Aggies are moving forward.  I don’t think Jimbo will ever do it with his offense, but when he’s gone, if they hire a great replacement it shouldn’t be long coming for the playoff appearances.  

3 minutes ago, Stoney said:

This was supposed to be the big recruiting weekend for Texas. Kam Dewberry made it in. Harold Perkins. Devon Campbell. Difference makers. There’s video on the gram of Perkins and Dewberry laughing after Kansas scored the 2 point conversion.  The. You got Sark being asked if the players have tuned out the coaches, Sark telling the media that he doesn’t know, that they’ll have to ask the players.  Texas has got to get rid of their Sumlin and go find them their Jimbo. 

Lol

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Not just Aggies, but all programs tgat have not won it all in modern football history.  And yes, Texas fans do expect greatness from their program.  They’ve experienced it in recent modern football history.  The Aggies are moving forward.  I don’t think Jimbo will ever do it with his offense, but when he’s gone, if they hire a great replacement it shouldn’t be long coming for the playoff appearances.  

I agree Texas fans should expect greatness. But the expectation has to be handled correctly. There's a difference in holding your coaches and players accountable and "expecting" your program to bounce back because they were once great. Its all a mindset. Even on here... How many times have I seen you guys post about (what has aggy ever done) like that means jack squat about what they will do in the future. You HAVE to look forward not backwards in this sport and I think too many pieces of the Texas program are looking backwards. This is a problem with the culture of Texas that rubs off on the players. 

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I want to see that video lol 

45 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Is that even humanly possible? That’s half your team if that were to happen. 

You're talking about heading into next season with roughly around 70ish scholarship players if every one of those kids leaves that they are saying. I get trying to hit the reset button but thats the type of thing that sets your program back 5 years if it fails. Maybe before the over signing days this would work but not today. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You're talking about heading into next season with roughly around 70ish scholarship players if every one of those kids leaves that they are saying. I get trying to hit the reset button but thats the type of thing that sets your program back 5 years if it fails. Maybe before the over signing days this would work but not today. 

@MavGrad99 Didn’t LSU get pretty low on numbers last year? Forcing them to play freshman? I just can’t see losing that many kids.

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

@MavGrad99 Didn’t LSU get pretty low on numbers last year? Forcing them to play freshman? I just can’t see losing that many kids.

Last year was the pandemic and guaranteed draft position that hurt LSU.  This year it’s injury and kids just quitting on O

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

And instead of acknowledging this as a fan base you'll just point to "what has aggy ever done" instead of realizing that deflecting this does not solve it. 

Lmao have you been reading this thread? You're taking  DB's perspective on this board as the entire "fan base". Gtho with that.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:21 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yep, I hoped Card could be a quality QB, but he doesn’t seem to have it at the college level yet.

Yep, too slow in his decision making. I thought when they changed back to him that he'd have maybe learned something from that first round at the helm, getting pulled and then practicing. Nope...

Other freshmen around the country are getting it...

19 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Will Sarkisian make it to the end of the year? Serious question. 

I'm just hoping a season like this and the pressure cooker of Austin doesn't breakdown his personal life and bring out the demons...

We all either know or can imagine the struggles with or without the crazy pressure cooker of coaching...especially with the media pounding away, constantly.

I have casually watch the Longhorns this year, but maybe we are overcomplicating the QB issues.

You have two guys who were recruited to play in the Meyer/Herman "power" spread and they are struggling in what Sark wants to do because they are not the ideal skill set for what he wants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Lmao have you been reading this thread? You're taking  DB's perspective on this board as the entire "fan base". Gtho with that.

Collectively, there are more DB's than there are ETXFan16s throughout message boards and real life. But I do apologize for lumping your or anyone else into certain groups. I just meant that the Texas fan base as a whole has some serious entitlement issues and I do believe that's why the program has culture issues. 

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Collectively, there are more DB's than there are ETXFan16s throughout message boards and real life. But I do apologize for lumping your or anyone else into certain groups. I just meant that the Texas fan base as a whole has some serious entitlement issues and I do believe that's why the program has culture issues. 

Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

You guys are worse than old woman on Facebook. You don’t have to believe everything that’s posted on the internet. 

Stripper girlfriends with monkeys. Leaked cellphone tapes. Players getting in arguments with coaches. It’s weird times in Austin. This might not be true in that 40 kids will leave. There might be some truth in the fact that there will be transfers. A report could come out that Sark was getting canned and it might give me a couple seconds pause to think, you know that could happen. 

There are a lot of things that could happen ,but if you go listing or posting everything that could happen on a message board you are bound to get some of them right. Does that mean you where right or just threw enough things up there to get one right. Texas is in a bad way right now, has been for a while. Sark did not know how bad it was. All he saw was talent on the roster. Well guess what. He knows now what some of us have known for awhile.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stoney said:

Stoney, aren’t you an Ou Fan?  Or are you an Aggie fan?  Can’t remember….

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I don’t.  I’ve seen the issues that’s wrong with this team.  It started with the backbreaking loss in Dallas.  Sark tried to coast to victory after building a lead and put the game on his OL and defense.  It cost him that game and killed the team.  He then proceeded to try it again and again.  He took his foot off the gas.  Had he kept slinging the ball around and getting his playmakers in space they put 70+ on OU.  His defense was never going to hold teams to 20 pts.  His job should’ve been to outscore everybody. He failed.  Sometimes when the spiraling starts, you just can’t stop it.  When you have players that give up, aren’t there for the right reasons, are more vested in other things, etc…. There is no stopping it.  

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t.  I’ve seen the issues that’s wrong with this team.  It started with the backbreaking loss in Dallas.  Sark tried to coast to victory after building a lead and put the game on his OL and defense.  It cost him that game and killed the team.  He then proceeded to try it again and again.  He took his foot off the gas.  Had he kept slinging the ball around and getting his playmakers in space they put 70+ on OU.  His defense was never going to hold teams to 20 pts.  His job should’ve been to outscore everybody. He failed.  Sometimes when the spiraling starts, you just can’t stop it.  When you have players that give up, aren’t there for the right reasons, are more vested in other things, etc…. There is no stopping it.  

You're looking at this like an isolated issue with THIS team. You're looking at a surface issue. The real issue is much deeper and it covers more what myself and others have been saying. Its a problem with the culture at Texas. Not sarks culture, Texas culture. 

• Mr. P locked this topic