Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Funny, go routes were his worst ability.  Most Texas fans complained about that the most.  

I didnt watch every game. Its just seemed like every time I did watch it was Sam running the ball and hitting go routes for big gains. And perhaps the go routes stuck out to me the most because I was so jealous. I watched A&M and Mond go 4 full seasons and saw Mond even attempt a deep one on one shot maybe 10 times in roughly 40 games... It was awful. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

I didnt watch every game. Its just seemed like every time I did watch it was Sam running the ball and hitting go routes for big gains. And perhaps the go routes stuck out to me the most because I was so jealous. I watched A&M and Mond go 4 full seasons and saw Mond even attempt a deep one on one shot maybe 10 times in roughly 40 games... It was awful. 

So you watched all 3 plays in the Texas Playbook.  Sam Right, Sam Left, Sam throw deep.  Punt.

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

I thinks its hilarious how butt hurt you guys get over a mediocre at best qb... Sam was nothing special and won nothing special. Very similar career to a mediocre at best McGee. The only difference between the two is style of offense and quality of opponents. You guys are crazy if you think McGee couldn't have done exactly what Sam all things equal. 

I think it’s comical how anytime someone disagrees with someone these days, it’s because they’re ‘butthurt’. I’m not butthurt about anything. I just flat out disagree with you. 

And speed is not all of what makes you ‘athletic’. Tim Tebow ran a 4.7. I’d still call him more athletic than McGee as well. 

And I never said McGee couldn’t do the same things Ehlinger did. What I said was, Ehlinger did it better. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WETSU said:

And I only compared the two because of their toughness and achievements. Both had a couple of big wins but typically were on mediocre teams. Both were tough as nails and ran a lot of designed runs. Both were either loved or hated by their fan base because of their limitations but their attitude made them fun to watch and root for. 

They are extremely comparable. 

I like this post. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

When thinking of QB’s I’d compare Ehlinger to, Tebow would be the first. McGee would never even be a thought.

So you would compare Sam to a heisman winning qb with two national titles rather than a 4th round pick with a mediocre college career... I see why you would want to do that. But I'm sure you can see why Sam is a lot closer to being a Stephen McGee than he is a Tim Tebow... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

I bet Sam was 10% on go routes.  You could really see his inaccuracy in the intermediate passing game.  But he was a heck of a rah rah leader.  

• Like 1

Colt McCoy started 4 years at Texas and compiled a 45-8 record at Texas.  He led the nation in completion percentage a couple times and holds a bunch of statistical records at UT as well as many individual awards.

Sam started most of 4 years and had a 27-16 record.  

two great leaders, on and off the field.  Both great human beings.  Both played behind poor OL’s most of their career, Colt had a really good one his freshman year.  The biggest difference in the two qbs was one was accurate, the other not so much.  

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So you would compare Sam to a heisman winning qb with two national titles rather than a 4th round pick with a mediocre college career... I see why you would want to do that. But I'm sure you can see why Sam is a lot closer to being a Stephen McGee than he is a Tim Tebow... 

I’m not comparing their accolades, only their playing style. So yes. 

I’m curious what is is you ‘see’, however. 

15 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m not comparing their accolades, only their playing style. So yes. 

I’m curious what is is you ‘see’, however. 

I already mentioned they were different styles. But if you asked one to do the others job in that system theynare similar. Yes tebow played a similar style but he did it at a Heisman level and was an extremely accurate passer. Sam does not compare well to tebow. 

But if you focus not on their styles of offense (which is the coach) and just strictly focus on their strengths and weaknesses and intangibles, Stephen McGee is a VERY close comparison for Sam. Or at least closer than Tebow is for him.

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Sam under Urban in Florida would have won the Heisman.  Guarantee it

59 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

He can’t do that.  He will never get another HC job.  He has to make his money now

Yea he is done... Fully expect him to be fired after his first loss next season. Red and the others will not stand for this. 

3 hours ago, bigj said:

Why don’t they play some of the True freshman like the 5* recruit we have.. Hmmm 

That's our problem, Texas gets too many of these 5 star recruits that ain't as good as that rating they got, we need better developmental type coaches that knows how to recruit football players instead of a freakin star rating by these over hyped players that come to Texas thinking they're already that good before they step on campus, the days of Texas getting some hard nose working players coming in not taking the name for granted is long gone from this program, Texas needs a young up and coming coach staff to change the attitudes in the program and going after some hard nose football players and not a 5 star ranking 

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

This team has no fight at all. 

These kids today are different. It wouldn’t shock me if they quit after the bus video. Us old farts took a butt chewing like that as a challenge to get better. These kids check out and look for safe spaces.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

That's our problem, Texas gets too many of these 5 star recruits that ain't as good as that rating they got, we need better developmental type coaches that knows how to recruit football players instead of a freakin star rating by these over hyped players that come to Texas thinking they're already that good before they step on campus, the days of Texas getting some hard nose working players coming in not taking the name for granted is long gone from this program, Texas needs a young up and coming coach staff to change the attitudes in the program and going after some hard nose football players and not a 5 star ranking 

Those same 5 star guys go out and produce at most places... The 5 stars at Texas are not the problem. 

58 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Texas will never be good again. 

Not with Sark…. Everything about his past screamed that he was a weak leader.  You need a strong minded ####### to come in and lead these weaklings to wins while recruiting the right guys to Austin.

• Mr. P locked this topic