Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

I was at the game in Morgantown today.  The leader on the team is clearly Bijan.  He was on the sideline and still seemed to be bought into the program.  Worthy is Worthy.  He is good.  Unfortunately, who you think is, or should be, the team leader (QB) is NOT the team leader.  You can plug in the name Thompson or Card here.  This conclusion if for both their play and leadership, or lack thereof.  Seeing the team in person reinforced this.  Both QBs lack field awareness as they only see half of the field at best.  And no, at least from what I saw, I did not see them getting into anyone's face to exhort any type of effort.

The Texas fans at the game are more down on the players than Sark at this point.  I think that the players are "soft" and cannot handle getting punched in the mouth and how to respond accordingly.  The OU loss cracked their heart and the Pick 6 against Oklahoma State broke it.  They cannot handle adversity and if it happens early in the game then they are done.

This, and the secondary is a step slow in coverage. Oh yeah, tackling is an afterthought.

The team has lost confidence in itself.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I was at the game in Morgantown today.  The leader on the team is clearly Bijan.  He was on the sideline and still seemed to be bought into the program.  Worthy is Worthy.  He is good.  Unfortunately, who you think is, or should be, the team leader (QB) is NOT the team leader.  You can plug in the name Thompson or Card here.  This conclusion if for both their play and leadership, or lack thereof.  Seeing the team in person reinforced this.  Both QBs lack field awareness as they only see half of the field at best.  And no, at least from what I saw, I did not see them getting into anyone's face to exhort any type of effort.

The Texas fans at the game are more down on the players than Sark at this point.  I think that the players are "soft" and cannot handle getting punched in the mouth and how to respond accordingly.  The OU loss cracked their heart and the Pick 6 against Oklahoma State broke it.  They cannot handle adversity and if it happens early in the game then they are done.

This, and the secondary is a step slow in coverage. Oh yeah, tackling is an afterthought.

You watched the same exact thing I watched today. +1!

18 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Describes my thoughts perfectly. +1

It's so bad.

What's even worse, is I feel forced to watch it, I guess because I love Texas Football so much. 

I'm a bit younger than most of the people I run into on here, so keep that in mind, but I'm going to post what made me a Texas Longhorns fan. 

I was in Dallas on a family trip on December 1st, 2001, and we were staying in a hotel on that Saturday night. I had heard here and there whether it be from family or on the TV a lot of speculation about the QB position at the University of Texas. Well, I didn't watch much of the first half (I was only 10), but I can remember everyone huddled around the TV saying "Here he comes! They're putting him in the game FINALLY!" 

Out trots Major Applewhite, the Texas hero. I had no idea all that had been said about Simms starting over Applewhite, and so forth at the time. I was just a 10 year old boy watching #11 huddle the offense. I watched whom I now know should have been the Texas QB of that time, LEAD (heavy emphasis) his team back from a 29-10 deficit, and wind up falling just short 39-37. I was devastated, even just being a 10 year old boy without a care in the world, I saw the heart that those guys brought to the field, especially Major Applewhite. I saw a group of guys fighting, clawing, doing everything they could to come back and win that game. 

From that day forward, I've been unwavering in my Texas faith. I did everything I could to try and go to school there, but my family couldn't afford it, and I wasn't interested in going to the schools that did offer me some scholarship money. So I settled for being the "non-alumni superfan" status. If there was any way I could have gone to UT, I would have done it, but it wasn't in the cards.

It's times like these, when Texas is at it's lowest, that I have to remind myself of why I love Texas Longhorns Football. I don't let the town cloud my judgement, or winning records of other teams. I just remember all those players that gave the Texas program everything they had, and made even me, just a 10 year old ready to go watch a Christmas parade, want to just suit up and run out on the field with them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's so bad.

What's even worse, is I feel forced to watch it, I guess because I love Texas Football so much. 

I'm a bit younger than most of the people I run into on here, so keep that in mind, but I'm going to post what made me a Texas Longhorns fan. 

I was in Dallas on a family trip on December 1st, 2001, and we were staying in a hotel on that Saturday night. I had heard here and there whether it be from family or on the TV a lot of speculation about the QB position at the University of Texas. Well, I didn't watch much of the first half (I was only 10), but I can remember everyone huddled around the TV saying "Here he comes! They're putting him in the game FINALLY!" 

Out trots Major Applewhite, the Texas hero. I had no idea all that had been said about Simms starting over Applewhite, and so forth at the time. I was just a 10 year old boy watching #11 huddle of the offense. I watched whom I now know should have been the Texas QB of that time, LEAD (heavy emphasis) his team back from a 29-10 deficit, and wind up falling just short 39-37. I was devastated, even just being a 10 year old boy without a care in the world, I saw the heart that those guys brought to the field, especially Major Applewhite. I saw a group of guys fighting, clawing, doing everything they could to come back and win that game. 

From that day forward, I've been unwavering in my Texas faith. I did everything I could to try and go to school there, but my family couldn't afford it, and I wasn't interested in going to the schools that did offer me some scholarship money. So I settled for being the "non-alumni superfan" status. If there was any way I could have gone to UT, I would have done it, but it wasn't in the cards.

It's times like these, when Texas is at it's lowest, that I have to remind myself of why I love Texas Longhorns Football. I don't let the town cloud my judgement, or winning records of other teams. I just remember all those players that gave the Texas program everything they had, and made even me, just a 10 year old ready to go watch a Christmas parade, want to just suit up and run out on the field with them.

That loss was one of the hardest to watch as a Texas fan. The stars had aligned & it just seemed like destiny that Texas was going to get to the Rose Bowl to play Miami that year. As bad of a hole Chrissy put the horns in, if Geiggar doesn’t rough the punter midway through the 4th, there’s no doubt in my mind that Major & the Horns complete the comeback.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's so bad.

Out trots Major Applewhite, the Texas hero. I had no idea all that had been said about Simms starting over Applewhite, and so forth at the time. I was just a 10 year old boy watching #11 huddle the offense. I watched whom I now know should have been the Texas QB of that time, LEAD (heavy emphasis) his team back from a 29-10 deficit, and wind up falling just short 39-37. I was devastated, even just being a 10 year old boy without a care in the world, I saw the heart that those guys brought to the field, especially Major Applewhite. I saw a group of guys fighting, clawing, doing everything they could to come back and win that game. 

Looks like we are around the same age, and I remember that game well. I'm currently reading a book called "The Power of Moments". Very fitting for what we are watching. As frustrated as I am watching this team and this program, the moments of Texas football will keep me from losing my passion. My grandpa went to UT so the burnt orange blood runs in my family. I went to a smaller school closer to home (doesn't even have a football team). Being close to family was a high priority during that time, so I wasn't able to go anywhere far from home unfortunately, but my fandom for the Horns has never and will never waver. 

To make this less dramatic and more humorous, when I was in the 7th grade I went to watch Texas play A&M in CStat. It was Colt McCoy's sophomore year. We sat behind the Longhorn band and got to go down and high five the Texas players as they came out of the tunnel. I gave Mack a slap on the back and then laid a big ol slap on Colt's left booty cheek. I didn't wash that had for at least a day. Talk about a powerful moment lol

• Like 1

Horns24/7 has an article about Bijan coming back next year to play and if you didn't already like the kid you should love him after reading what he said.  In a world where it's become all about self in sports it's very good to see a kid with the mindset he has.  Especially one as talented as he is.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, oldschool32 said:

Horns24/7 has an article about Bijan coming back next year to play and if you didn't already like the kid you should love him after reading what he said.  In a world where it's become all about self in sports it's very good to see a kid with the mindset he has.  Especially one as talented as he is.

CDC also said Tom Herman was the football coach at Texas too

7 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

CDC also said Tom Herman was the football coach at Texas too

Everything B.Robinson has ever said in any interview has shown him to be a individual that is not just all about himself. He is team oriented, believes that the game is about more than just him. He seems to be a loyal individual and loves where he is at and he is there for more than just football so I believe he will be back for one more year. He will also be the type to end up with a degree from UT also.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 514 said:

Everything B.Robinson has ever said in any interview has shown him to be a individual that is not just all about himself. He is team oriented, believes that the game is about more than just him. He seems to be a loyal individual and loves where he is at and he is there for more than just football so I believe he will be back for one more year. He will also be the type to end up with a degree from UT also.

That’s great.  I hope he stays, but this day and time I don’t believe much until I see it play out.

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

This one was not surprising at all. RB is the only position Texas can’t sell playing time. He’s a good one but with Blue committed, Texas continues to be in a great spot at RB.

Guilbeau is expected to graduate from Port Arthur Memorial in December and start attending college next semester. 

https://t.co/NIUhPd6cWA

I didn't expect it, but with the departure of Patterson it makes sense. I wish him luck. I think he'll get moved to Safety while he's there. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Adds to the mini-pipeline from Port Arthur to Austin. 

• Mr. P locked this topic