Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

8 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Texas ends the 6 game losing streak! Thank goodness it's over...

You sure?  I've seen some articles/talk they won't have enough eligible bowl teams to make up all the games and Texas probably gets the first call for a 5-7 team.  SERVEPRO First Responder Bowl here we come!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Can we get 22 Roschon Johnson’s on the field?? Kid is an absolute warrior! 

Also liked Jaylon Ford at LB. 

Surprisingly pretty good buzz in the stadium today. 

I'm gonna miss Roschon man. Been a team first player since the day he stepped on campus. Ridiculous he didn't get more opportunity than he did. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 2:16 PM, Red90fly said:

You sure?  I've seen some articles/talk they won't have enough eligible bowl teams to make up all the games and Texas probably gets the first call for a 5-7 team.  SERVEPRO First Responder Bowl here we come!!

With some different players getting to play now, I will take any bowl game we can get.......More practice time and one more game to see the different faces play

• Like 1

Having three decommits stinks, and with the way the season went it's not a surprise.  Reality is though Miller is the only one that hurts, and it's at the deepest position on the roster, but still stings as I think he's going to be a stud.  The Cali LB is a JAG and had lost his starting spot at Mater Dei, and Winfield seemed to always waver and isn't really the type of WR Sark wants skill wise.  Hope Texas doesn't lose any of the DL commits.  Hoping to still maybe get Stewart, he'd be a fool to go play in Jimbo's offense.  It'll be interesting to see who Texas can get (and lose) with the portal and if staff changes are made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, thegreatbambino said:

Pass, kid is not a good locker room fit in my opinion.

Besides, he made the Texas D look good when he played amd they were awful.

Is he really a bad locker room fit though? The only negative I've seen from him was this season... and the entire OU fanbase sold him out early. 

I mean I'm being completely honest when I felt like the Rattler bench was too much. Yes he made Texas look good, but Texas had his number, they also had film. But don't think I forgot the return from being benched last year. He went off against Texas. Caleb Williams fizzed out once GOOD teams had some film on him. Just so happens he popped in the game against Texas with no game plan to stop him.

I stand by the fact I think Rattler will shine at whatever program he goes too, especially if they have a great QB developing coach. 

Norman started the Caleb Williams chants against Nebraska, then they really got notice against West Virginia. 3 games into the season. How do you do that to your Heisman hopeful QB after not even 2 bad games? What mental effects do you think that has on a sophomore QB running your offense? 

I'm glad Texas didn't do that when Vince Young had some rough starts. His FR and SO years started off very rocky. Gotta give your QB some chance to fight through it. It would be heck to be having a rough game and go sit on the bench and listen to the crowd chant that they want another QB. 

• Mr. P locked this topic