Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

The new NIL deal Texas just promoted is just a baseline starting point. Any scholarship player 1-85 can receive this baseline NIL deal. The numbers thrown out for football players is at 100k every year. Players won’t have to bargain for it because it’s like a signing bonus. There is no other program doing anything like this YET. There will be soon, Notre Dame is coming with their own. 

Also this is just part 1. Part 2 is supposed to be bigger for specific high profile players in various sports. Part 3 is completely unknown right now and will take longer to get approval through the state of Texas, so I’ve read. 

There is no other program that’s announced it’s doing this. That doesn’t mean there are not others actually doing this. I’ve had conversations with a dad of a kid being recruited by everyone, and he told me everyone has deals in place since the first time this was announced to be a thing. 

This is not exclusive to Texas or ND or anyone else. Everyone is doing this sort of thing it’s just that not everyone is announcing figures or where the money is specifically coming from. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Do you really think kids are going to keep their offers a secret?  Not in this day and time.  That’s the very reason I asked if there was any legitimatcy in the $300k rumor….

And I said that there wasn’t any way of knowing because nobody is talking about it besides one twitter source. So use your head here. You just said that kids love to flaunt this type of stuff and you asked the aggies on the board a question. I gave you the answer and you’re ignoring it. You’ve also answered yourself when you say kids flaunt this sort of thing yet NOBODY other than your one twitter source that wasn’t even the kid himself is talking about this… so adding all the moving pieces together it appears that your source was premature at best but most likely completely incorrect. But you are still running with this because you would rather imply that Texas lost a player due to money rather than admitting that Jimbo either outrecruited Sark or that your abomination of a season had NO impact on the kid which I doubt. 

57 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And I said that there wasn’t any way of knowing because nobody is talking about it besides one twitter source. So use your head here. You just said that kids love to flaunt this type of stuff and you asked the aggies on the board a question. I gave you the answer and you’re ignoring it. You’ve also answered yourself when you say kids flaunt this sort of thing yet NOBODY other than your one twitter source that wasn’t even the kid himself is talking about this… so adding all the moving pieces together it appears that your source was premature at best but most likely completely incorrect. But you are still running with this because you would rather imply that Texas lost a player due to money rather than admitting that Jimbo either outrecruited Sark or that your abomination of a season had NO impact on the kid which I doubt. 

There you go assuming what, who and how many….  I also never said anything about Texas missing out on him or getting out recruited. Stop twisting this into something it isnt

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Do you really think kids are going to keep their offers a secret?  Not in this day and time.  That’s the very reason I asked if there was any legitimatcy in the $300k rumor….

This was exactly my thoughts. These kids will be blasting those $ bills all over social media. 

20 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Heck they did it when it was not legal!!!

This is going to get crazy. The programs and Alumni with the most money will be getting the best players. You can throw records out the window. Wild Wild west is coming to a University near you....

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

There is no other program that’s announced it’s doing this. That doesn’t mean there are not others actually doing this. I’ve had conversations with a dad of a kid being recruited by everyone, and he told me everyone has deals in place since the first time this was announced to be a thing. 

This is not exclusive to Texas or ND or anyone else. Everyone is doing this sort of thing it’s just that not everyone is announcing figures or where the money is specifically coming from. 

Believe that if you want. No one is offering 6 figures to the 2nd string kicker or 3rd string CB like what Texas is offering. 

Like I keep telling you this isn’t a situation where Texas is saying “if you come here you could earn $100k”. Texas is saying “come here and your baseline is $100k all 4 years and we’ll also help you get more through other NIL avenues”. 

You also seem to be hung up on the fact that Texas through out the $10 million mark, as if that’s all Texas have to offer. This $10 million is just the starting point. 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

This is actually not impressive to me at all. All this shows me is that he shouldn’t have been playing. Texas went into games with a disadvantage because he couldn’t properly grip and throw a ball. The medical staff should be reprimanded for not shutting him down for a couple weeks at least. If it was his non throwing hand then that fine but you can’t play a QB with a throwing that looks like that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This is actually not impressive to me at all. All this shows me is that he shouldn’t have been playing. Texas went into games with a disadvantage because he couldn’t properly grip and throw a ball. The medical staff should be reprimanded for not shutting him down for a couple weeks at least. If it was his non throwing hand then that fine but you can’t play a QB with a throwing that looks like that. 

I think this goes to show what they really thought of Card… 

14 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

This might be a kid who would be interested in USC. 

Oklahoma was a player for him until Caleb Williams committed.

USC already has a true freshman in Jaxson Dart that they are very high on. Not saying it’s not possible, but getting Ewers would mean losing Dart most likely 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

This might be a kid who would be interested in USC. 

Oklahoma was a player for him until Caleb Williams committed.

I don’t recall OU ever being in the mix. Especially seeing as how he grew up a diehard Longhorn fan. 

10 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t recall OU ever being in the mix. Especially seeing as how he grew up a diehard Longhorn fan. 

9 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

And how he was committed to Texas, decommitted from Texas and committed to Ohio State rather quickly 

They were though. They were right there until Caleb Williams picked Oklahoma. Ewers committed to Texas pretty quickly after Williams decision. 

Ewers going to Ohio State never made sense to me. The kid should have just played his senior season. 

57 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They were though. They were right there until Caleb Williams picked Oklahoma. Ewers committed to Texas pretty quickly after Williams decision. 

Ewers going to Ohio State never made sense to me. The kid should have just played his senior season. 

He committed to Texas 6 weeks after Williams committed to OU. I’m not saying he never considered OU, only that I don’t ever remember him saying they were in consideration. He always talked about being a lifelong Longhorn and it being his dream to play at Texas. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic