Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

50 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I hear. I’m just saying the kid also said the exact opposite yesterday. Just don’t be shocked if this doesn’t happen on Wednesday. It could but how many times do 17 year old kids have to surprise us before we learn that it’s not always cut and dry. 

Oh I hear you.  His mom posted pics of him growing up and said the family’s dream is coming true.  Maybe SHE is getting played by her son, Like the safety from Baton Rouge did his LSU loving momma

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Oh I hear you.  His mom posted pics of him growing up and said the family’s dream is coming true.  Maybe SHE is getting played by her son, Like the safety from Baton Rouge did his LSU loving momma

I’m not saying he goes anywhere else.  He very likely signs with Texas. I’m just saying that it might not be Wednesday. That’s a very strong 180 on his stance and those impulsive decisions from recruits rarely stick is all I’m saying. This caught EVERYONE off guard. Jimbo didn’t even use an in home on him that’s how sure they were this would at least stretch until feb. now I’m sure sark orchestrated it that way, but Jimbo I highly doubt a guy with the recruiting skins on the wall as Jimbo was that blindsided by this. 

I think the kid meant it yesterday when he said he was waiting just like I think he meant it today when he said he wasn’t. But I could also see him being in Cancun and not signing…  just a 50/50 deal on how he feels when he wakes up in the morning. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not saying he goes anywhere else.  He very likely signs with Texas. I’m just saying that it might not be Wednesday. That’s a very strong 180 on his stance and those impulsive decisions from recruits rarely stick is all I’m saying. This caught EVERYONE off guard. Jimbo didn’t even use an in home on him that’s how sure they were this would at least stretch until feb. now I’m sure sark orchestrated it that way, but Jimbo I highly doubt a guy with the recruiting skins on the wall as Jimbo was that blindsided by this. 

I think the kid meant it yesterday when he said he was waiting just like I think he meant it today when he said he wasn’t. But I could also see him being in Cancun and not signing…  just a 50/50 deal on how he feels when he wakes up in the morning. 

What makes it so impulsive.  The kid grew up a longhorn fan.  It may be where he wanted to be all along.  

21 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

What makes it so impulsive.  The kid grew up a longhorn fan.  It may be where he wanted to be all along.  

If that was the case he had more than enough time for this… nothing happened in the last 24 hours to change any of that. It’s impulsive to change your mind in less than 24 hours… regardless of his feelings about Texas. 

2 minutes ago, bigj said:

Didn’t Ewers and Evan want to play together at one point?  I believe after Ewers committed the first time Evans jumped on board right afterwards… Would that happen again…

That was Phaizon Williams

9 minutes ago, bigj said:

Didn’t Ewers and Evan want to play together at one point?  I believe after Ewers committed the first time Evans jumped on board right afterwards… Would that happen again…

You’re way off on Evan. He’s been extremely vocal since committing and has even specifically addressed what you’re saying. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

If that was the case he had more than enough time for this… nothing happened in the last 24 hours to change any of that. It’s impulsive to change your mind in less than 24 hours… regardless of his feelings about Texas. 

I think money has had an effect on it.  He wanted Texas but the intrigue of nike$ U drew him away from Texas.  Now that Mario isn’t going to be there, maybe the $150k a year (minimum) has some appeal after all

A&M has a massive class im glad Texas is getting a little love.  Definitely glad to see our top level Texas kids staying home regardless of whether it's at A&M or UT.  Build the teams up until the rivalry comes back great for the state as a whole.  Wayyyy to many kids going out of state.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I think money has had an effect on it.  He wanted Texas but the intrigue of nike$ U drew him away from Texas.  Now that Mario isn’t going to be there, maybe the $150k a year (minimum) has some appeal after all

Oh money most certainly is playing a part in this I think. That’s the only reason Oregon was in the picture at all. The NIL legalization was announced and then he committed to Oregon less than a week later. He for sure got a crazy Nike offer. It’s also telling that he was very open to A&M just days ago and right after Texas announced its NIL stuff he commits to them. He is definitely a gun for hire kind of guy. 

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Oh money most certainly is playing a part in this I think. That’s the only reason Oregon was in the picture at all. The NIL legalization was announced and then he committed to Oregon less than a week later. He for sure got a crazy Nike offer. It’s also telling that he was very open to A&M just days ago and right after Texas announced its NIL stuff he commits to them. He is definitely a gun for hire kind of guy. 

If that’s what it takes…. Do it.  Until the rules are specified, caps are applied, or something better is done it is an open can of worms.  I personally like the way Texas has lined it up.  The minimum is already known when you sign with Texas.  The rest is up to you and your abilities

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

If that’s what it takes…. Do it.  Until the rules are specified, caps are applied, or something better is done it is an open can of worms.  I personally like the way Texas has lined it up.  The minimum is already known when you sign with Texas.  The rest is up to you and your abilities

I’m not knocking the approach specifically. Just do not think it’s the long term solution that’s going to fix the current problems. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not knocking the approach specifically. Just do not think it’s the long term solution that’s going to fix the current problems. 

It’s creating problems in an amateur sports arena.  They might as well not even make them attend classes anymore.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bigj said:

Money definitely talk on that one. At one point Texas was not in his top 11. 

Sometimes I wonder if people say things just to say something. Texas was in his Top 3 prior to him committing to Oregon, as seen from his own Twitter…

C1D413A1-D743-4590-A09A-40F4C9D78D32.jpeg

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Every program is now doing it because that’s what the NCAA is allowing. But some people keep making comments as if Texas is the only one. 

Not me. I'm getting a little annoyed that OU isn't being more aggressive about it. This is the new normal. Either embrace it and make it work for you, or fall behind. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Don’t act like OU wasn’t doing it all along

Actually, Oklahoma has the one of the strictest Compliance department in the nation. 

I love that Texas is getting to do this. What will be the answer when you get to throw money at it and still only win 5-7 games?

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic