Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

Just now, JustAFan11 said:

I wasn’t expecting that one.

Kudos to the staff for seeing the LOS on both sides of the ball needed new talent and getting commitments from their top targets. 

That was what I was wanting to see.  The LOS addresses.  Sark has showed he can scheme around poor OL play, but I’d like to be able to grind the clock like he wanted/tried to do some and couldn’t.  

this is the way Texas should recruit OL/DL every year.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I wasn’t expecting that one.

Kudos to the staff for seeing the LOS on both sides of the ball needed new talent and getting commitments from their top targets. 

Neto's brother in the 24' class is a monster.  Will be one of the top DL in the nation.

On 12/12/2021 at 3:50 PM, Valhalla said:

Actually, Oklahoma has the one of the strictest Compliance department in the nation. 

I love that Texas is getting to do this. What will be the answer when you get to throw money at it and still only win 5-7 games?

Did that strict compliance office vet/background check  the new OC?

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Did that strict compliance office vet/background check  the new OC?

You mean the guy who has already been employed by several universities since Baylor?

You are reaching so hard. I get this past few weeks is the first time in a decade you could feel okay about your program.

I will leave this for you so you can get back to some reality. 

maxresdefault.jpg

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I hope not.

Does Smart call defense?

Does Saban? 

The answer is no, but we all know who the defense belongs to.

If they don’t call it, does it belong to them?  Every coach understands what they themselves want, but can they make a DC call it exactly the way they want it.  Yes, V will be on headset listening in, but will he really be over it.  The more he is, the better for OU.  He’s legit.

also, I asked if Venables planned to do it.  Not is smart of Saban did.  What does Venables plan to do with the vandy DC?  Let him call it?

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

You mean the guy who has already been employed by several universities since Baylor?

You are reaching so hard. I get this past few weeks is the first time in a decade you could feel okay about your program.

I will leave this for you so you can get back to some reality. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Universities with strict compliance offices?  I figured a strict compliance office wouldn’t even want a stain from the past, player punching women, stabbing people with screwdrivers, taking money from auto dealers without showing up for work, etc….  You know, strict compliance or turn a blind eye type?  

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

How much did it cost to get Kobie back in the fold??  Dollar bills….

It must have not have been about money. Because we all know who is paying the most right now. 

Texas recruiting pitch

"Well, we don't really win."

"We don't really put a lot of guys in the NFL."

"We have lots of money though. Here have some."

27 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

It must have not have been about money. Because we all know who is paying the most right now. 

Texas recruiting pitch

"Well, we don't really win."

"We don't really put a lot of guys in the NFL."

"We have lots of money though. Here have some."

His daddy made him go to OU.  Everybody knows he wanted UT.  Poor kid didn’t get to make his own decision.  Pops prolly got the money

according to what I just read, Texas and ou both have 37 players currently in the nfl on rosters. Hmm

Really wish that we found a way to hang on to Kobie. But sounds like there was parental involvement there. Class would've been special, but still a damn good effort from Sark.

I hope Texas keeps him around and gives him some time to get his players in there and instill a winning culture. Because clearly, this dude can recruit his you know what off.

Really love what he is doing. You can't win without being strong in the trenches....Herman and Strong couldn't figure that out. Skill position this, skill position that. And most of them weren't that great of football players, just really good camp athletes coming out if high school.

We're not done yet boys. Both of these guys are trending Texas' direction:

https://247sports.com/player/malik-agbo-46059102/

https://247sports.com/player/devon-campbell-46093947/

And MAYBE we get 5* CB Denver Harris from North Shore but it's a big fight with A&M. 5* LB Harold Perkins too. If Sark pulls that off. Wow. Harris makes his decision tomorrow.

This class is huge for the future of the program.

The athletes have always been good. Getting Ewers is great. Having Bijan is great. Worthy, etc... the athletes are great. We have always talked about lack of development in the Texas football program the past 10 years, but I think the trenches is where the lack of development has stung the Horns the most the past decade, specifically on offense. It's why we saw so many times the offense stall or let off the gas in the second half. This wasn't just last year, it's been the last 10 years. Hell, even when Sam was back there he was running for life and pulling things out of his ###. I can remember griping about the offenses under Strong and Herman getting leads and then not being able to move the ball 5 yards in the 4th quarter. The Oline was weak. The defensive front was always tired. It's been the biggest issue the past 10 years.

The Oline improved as the season went on last year. Not saying a whole lot as they were pretty bad at the beginning, but they did improve. One player said they learned more under Kyle Flood just this past season than they did the previous 3 years. I trust that Flood will be able to properly develop the Oline, who has been in dire need of for so long.

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic