Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

38 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Card will not be the starter. With Thompson leaving, the battle will be between Ewers and Murphy. 

There’s really no battle here… With the hype and money surrounding Ewers he’s the guy. There will be coach speak and press conferences talking about open competition and what not, but Ewers did not transfer to Texas to be in a battle. It’s his job and that’s likely why Thompson didn’t even stick around through the spring to “battle” for it. 

41 minutes ago, WETSU said:

There’s really no battle here… With the hype and money surrounding Ewers he’s the guy. There will be coach speak and press conferences talking about open competition and what not, but Ewers did not transfer to Texas to be in a battle. It’s his job and that’s likely why Thompson didn’t even stick around through the spring to “battle” for it. 

I’m sure you’re right, although I hope that’s not the case. I’d prefer the QB win the starting job and not simply have it given to him. 

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I’m sure you’re right, although I hope that’s not the case. I’d prefer the QB win the starting job and not simply have it given to him. 

Oh I’m with you. I just think that the media has hitched its wagon to Ewers being the savior of Texas. Not to mention rumors are flying he’s got a NIL deal coming better than first round rookie contracts… Sark has no choice but to start the kid. 

Texas looks like they are about to hire former Dallas Cowboy RB/Georgia Tech RB coach Tashard Choice for the job vacated by Stan Drayton. 

Choice began his coaching career at North Texas after retiring from the NFL. The last couple seasons he was the RB coach at Georgia Tech and just a week ago agreed to become the RB coach for Lincoln Riley at USC. He has yet to sign that contract and looks to be heading to Austin. 

On 12/18/2021 at 4:06 PM, JustAFan11 said:

Texas looks like they are about to hire former Dallas Cowboy RB/Georgia Tech RB coach Tashard Choice for the job vacated by Stan Drayton. 

Choice began his coaching career at North Texas after retiring from the NFL. The last couple seasons he was the RB coach at Georgia Tech and just a week ago agreed to become the RB coach for Lincoln Riley at USC. He has yet to sign that contract and looks to be heading to Austin. 

You guys got a good one. RB has been a position of strength for us, and he is part of the reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Stoney said:

“When (Venables) came to Lubbock, Texas had came the day before and their whole selling point to me was money,” McKinzie said. “Like that’s all they talked about in the meeting and that just didn’t sit right with me. I understand the opportunities money-wise there were amazing, but how do we change this football program?

“I’m going there to play football. That’s short money what NIL is, and I want to make long money to get what my main goal is and that’s the NFL. So Coach V came in and said I want you, I don’t need you. And that’s big picture for me. You want me but don’t need me? Okay I want to prove to you that I belong on this defense, that I can help this defense elevate.”

• Wow 1

• Mr. P locked this topic