Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

“When (Venables) came to Lubbock, Texas had came the day before and their whole selling point to me was money,” McKinzie said. “Like that’s all they talked about in the meeting and that just didn’t sit right with me. I understand the opportunities money-wise there were amazing, but how do we change this football program?

“I’m going there to play football. That’s short money what NIL is, and I want to make long money to get what my main goal is and that’s the NFL. So Coach V came in and said I want you, I don’t need you. And that’s big picture for me. You want me but don’t need me? Okay I want to prove to you that I belong on this defense, that I can help this defense elevate.”

Those are great quotes they got from him dad. 

Everyone knew the deal with this kid. His dad is a OU message board regular. The week before he committed to Texas his dad was telling everyone he wasn’t going to Texas. He visits Texas and commits to Texas after BV was hired. 

He knew defensive guru BV was the head coach at OU but he chose Texas. Dad chose OU, it’s actually a sad situation for the kid but good luck to him. 

11 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Those are great quotes they got from him dad. 

Everyone knew the deal with this kid. His dad is a OU message board regular. The week before he committed to Texas his dad was telling everyone he wasn’t going to Texas. He visits Texas and commits to Texas after BV was hired. 

He knew defensive guru BV was the head coach at OU but he chose Texas. Dad chose OU, it’s actually a sad situation for the kid but good luck to him. 

Actually he decommitted the day Riley left and committed to Texas the weekend before BV was announced at the HC. 

The kid was committed to Oklahoma for two years and committed to Texas on a visit high (he did not take visits while committed).

The kid valued stability. The odds of that are very low at Texas. Most of you guys are already calling for your DCs (and LB Coach) head after one season. 

All this is great for that kid at least he has some long term goals which is good for him so let's move on.  The vast majority of high level recruits are looking at the money right now which is the loophole they created so if recruiting wasn't already ridiculous with some of these kids, add in millions and see how that works out.  Texas made the wrong pitch to this kid OU made the right one good luck son.  However I believe this whole NIL thing is going to destroy college sports.  I love college football because the kids are still grinding for something it's still football NFL is a circus now.  Sadly I can see college going the same route if there isn't some type of cap on this NIL stuff.  

30 minutes ago, oldschool32 said:

All this is great for that kid at least he has some long term goals which is good for him so let's move on.  The vast majority of high level recruits are looking at the money right now which is the loophole they created so if recruiting wasn't already ridiculous with some of these kids, add in millions and see how that works out.  Texas made the wrong pitch to this kid OU made the right one good luck son.  However I believe this whole NIL thing is going to destroy college sports.  I love college football because the kids are still grinding for something it's still football NFL is a circus now.  Sadly I can see college going the same route if there isn't some type of cap on this NIL stuff.  

If nothing else i could see power 5 schools being the money paying minor leagues and smaller d1 and d2s being more old school college style. 
Either way, i agree with you. Nil will kill college athletics. Darn shame

24 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

If nothing else i could see power 5 schools being the money paying minor leagues and smaller d1 and d2s being more old school college style. 
Either way, i agree with you. Nil will kill college athletics. Darn shame

The group of 5 and smaller power 5 schools ,thanks to the transfer portal, have become feeder schools for the big schools. Go prove yourself at the smaller schools and the big ones will scoop you up and get you paid.

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The group of 5 and smaller power 5 schools ,thanks to the transfer portal, have become feeder schools for the big schools. Go prove yourself at the smaller schools and the big ones will scoop you up and get you paid.

The TP has really hurt high school recruits most. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I agree and i hate it!
 I’m thinking eliminating athletic scholarships will one day come to smaller schools. Then you get kids that will play for the love of the game and can qualify for academic or pay their own way. It’ll be less talented football, but it could save the budget and keep their product on the field. I’d still watch them at any level. I think 95% of fans care about the name on the front of the jersey vs the back. 

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Actually he decommitted the day Riley left and committed to Texas the weekend before BV was announced at the HC. 

The kid was committed to Oklahoma for two years and committed to Texas on a visit high (he did not take visits while committed).

The kid valued stability. The odds of that are very low at Texas. Most of you guys are already calling for your DCs (and LB Coach) head after one season. 

Wrong, he committed to Texas the very same day news broke that BV was being hired at OU, December 5th. 

He took his Texas visit December 3rd and committed on the 5th. Whether it was a visit high or not he had no problem with the Texas pitch. He made his decision and his dad looked foolish in front of his buddies. His dad is still embarrassed, which why they’re putting these quotes out now. 

This kid won’t make it break the Texas class but miss me with the “he made a moral decision” BS. Oklahoma University and morals don’t mix. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Wrong, he committed to Texas the very same day news broke that BV was being hired at OU, December 5th. 

He took his Texas visit December 3rd and committed on the 5th. Whether it was a visit high or not he had no problem with the Texas pitch. He made his decision and his dad looked foolish in front of his buddies. His dad is still embarrassed, which why they’re putting these quotes out now. 

This kid won’t make it break the Texas class but miss me with the “he made a moral decision” BS. Oklahoma University and morals don’t mix. 

Dad must be receiving the NIL money

• Mr. P locked this topic