Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

22 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

This class is huge for the future of the program.

The athletes have always been good. Getting Ewers is great. Having Bijan is great. Worthy, etc... the athletes are great. We have always talked about lack of development in the Texas football program the past 10 years, but I think the trenches is where the lack of development has stung the Horns the most the past decade, specifically on offense. It's why we saw so many times the offense stall or let off the gas in the second half. This wasn't just last year, it's been the last 10 years. Hell, even when Sam was back there he was running for life and pulling things out of his ###. I can remember griping about the offenses under Strong and Herman getting leads and then not being able to move the ball 5 yards in the 4th quarter. The Oline was weak. The defensive front was always tired. It's been the biggest issue the past 10 years.

The Oline improved as the season went on last year. Not saying a whole lot as they were pretty bad at the beginning, but they did improve. One player said they learned more under Kyle Flood just this past season than they did the previous 3 years. I trust that Flood will be able to properly develop the Oline, who has been in dire need of for so long.

They did improve despite injury and lack of talent. I made a caliber comparison of just Texas O-line vs OU's O-line and it's wild. Texas has far less to work with, and the caliber of players just aren't there. You can recruit 4 and 5 star weapons all long, but if you don't have the line to block for them, you're just peeing in the wind. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That’s  Pole Assassins version of the story (which has changed multiple times). The kid’s version is that they were in a guided tour through the haunted house, the tour guy said the monkey would give a high-five, and he got bit when he tried to do so. 

I guess it comes down to who you believe- I’ll leave that to a judge or jury. 

If there were “guided tours” then there should be several parents to vouch for that.  So far, we’ve seen nothing of the sort.  

18 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Still out there that Evan Stewart has $300k cash in his pocket already.  Has not been disproven by one Aggie yet.  

I’m not sure you understand how this sort of thing works….

It’s not up for Aggies to disprove this. It’s up for the ones making accusations to prove it with more than some tweet from a nobody with no evidence. 

Hey everyone, Texas just gave everyone they are signing 10mil apiece and they also gave 100mil to the refs to ensure they don’t lose ever again… Prove me wrong DB. 

Do you see how foolish that is? Keep making yourself look like the village idiot if you want but even you should be able to use your two brain cells to understand what you’re doing every time you bring up that 300k. 

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It’s not up for Aggies to disprove this. It’s up for the ones making accusations to prove it with more than some tweet from a nobody with no evidence. 

Hey everyone, Texas just gave everyone they are signing 10mil apiece and they also gave 100mil to the refs to ensure they don’t lose ever again… Prove me wrong DB. 

Do you see how foolish that is? Keep making yourself look like the village idiot if you want but even you should be able to use your two brain cells to understand what you’re doing every time you bring up that 300k. 

The info on Texas’ NIL deals are public info and easy to find and disprove your rumor.  The rumors of Stewart’s $300k is still out there and Aggies are even starting to run with it.  So don’t stop in the Longhorn thread, drop a 💩 about buying recruits when Aggies are pretty much saying they’ve done the same thing.  We know it’s your style, the snarky 💩and backhanded compliments.  It’s just who you are.  Have a nice ESD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The info on Texas’ NIL deals are public info and easy to find and disprove your rumor.  The rumors of Stewart’s $300k is still out there and Aggies are even starting to run with it.  So don’t stop in the Longhorn thread, drop a 💩 about buying recruits when Aggies are pretty much saying they’ve done the same thing.  We know it’s your style, the snarky 💩and backhanded compliments.  It’s just who you are.  Have a nice ESD

No Aggie is saying that’s true… they are mocking Texas fans that are starting rumors because you lost a recruit. 

And yes this Texas class is bought. This class was dead in the water, NIL deals were announced out of desperation and now suddenly Texas is getting lots of guys that weren’t even looking that way 2 weeks ago. It is what it is. I’m not even knocking Texas for it. I actually applaud it. Not many could do it. Texas is doing what it takes to sign the class they want and I respect that. Don’t get defensive when someone calls a spade a spade on it though…

27 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Even if it is true, what does it matter anyway? They are now allowed to. 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No Aggie is saying that’s true… they are mocking Texas fans that are starting rumors because you lost a recruit. 

And yes this Texas class is bought. This class was dead in the water, NIL deals were announced out of desperation and now suddenly Texas is getting lots of guys that weren’t even looking that way 2 weeks ago. It is what it is. I’m not even knocking Texas for it. I actually applaud it. Not many could do it. Texas is doing what it takes to sign the class they want and I respect that. Don’t get defensive when someone calls a spade a spade on it though…

💩

18 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Sounds like the Nevada kid got processed for this one and the low rated DB from Louisiana got cut out as well.

IT reported that Lewis the DB is still committed but wasn’t allowed to sign today. Likely waiting until February if he still has a spot. 

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Even if it is true, what does it matter anyway? They are now allowed to. 

It doesn’t matter. It’s just message board talk. I mean if A&M or OU was to openly moneywhip a class you guys would be discussing it as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Gerry Hamilton said on the IT live stream that DL Omari Abor (sp?) who is committed to Ohio St but won’t sign until February now and is looking into Texas more. 

That's huge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It doesn’t matter. It’s just message board talk. I mean if A&M or OU was to openly moneywhip a class you guys would be discussing it as well. 

Not this guy. As I’ve said several times to Valhalla, this is exactly the door the NCAA opened. I’m surprised I haven’t seen more. So if Stewart did get paid to go to A&M, it is what it is. It’s no different than every other player now being paid to go where they are, including Texas. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So why 💩on one team for doing something legal when your team is doing it too, just at a much slower pace

• Mr. P locked this topic