Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

Just now, DB2point0 said:

So why 💩on one team for doing something legal when your team is doing it too, just at a much slower pace

Because one is out in the open and we all know it’s a thing. The other I some twitter rumor from literally only ONE none credible source. 

that’s what you cannot understand and it makes literally question your intelligence. I’m not saying it even matters if Stewart was paid. But you simply cannot understand the burden of proof does not sit with the accused, it is with the ones making the accusations. You are asking for someone to disprove a rumor. There is no way to disprove a rumor. You can only prove the rumor true. You keep asking for proof when the proof should come from you not the accused. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So why 💩on one team for doing something legal when your team is doing it too, just at a much slower pace

A&M is doing many NIL deals. As are others. But the difference is that they didn’t need to announce it to everyone 2 weeks before signing day so they can finish a respectable class. That’s been my point all along. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M is doing many NIL deals. As are others. But the difference is that they didn’t need to announce it to everyone 2 weeks before signing day so they can finish a respectable class. That’s been my point all along. 

Recruiting tools.  Use them

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

After bragging about his team doing it as well,  ahead of the team he’s running down…… yea, principals 

That’s not even remotely what’s going on here… me and @Valhallaare simply pointing out how shockingly different this Texas class is finishing as opposed to where it was two weeks ago. Nobody is knocking the approach. Nobody is saying it’s not legal. We are simply just amused by the turnaround. 

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

This NIL stuff was always only going to be a good thing for UT.

Texas may have started slow, but they’re full steam ahead now.

I guess we’ll now find out if all that money can translate into victories on the football field.

It cannot… If that’s the case Texas would have turned this around long ago. 

the funniest thing about all of this is that Texas has signed these caliber of classes the majority of the time they have been “down.” It’s not like they are doing anything monumental for them on the trail. They always recruit well. The reason this feels huge is because they were actually below their average before the NIL surge and needed it just to hold ground with what they normally are. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

the funniest thing about all of this is that Texas has signed these caliber of classes the majority of the time they have been “down.” It’s not like they are doing anything monumental for them on the trail. They always recruit well. The reason this feels huge is because they were actually below their average before the NIL surge and needed it just to hold ground with what they normally are. 

UT was definitely hurting in recruiting this season as compared to years past. Then them dollars started flowing, haha!!!! 😂

Hopefully the OL and DL class these NIL dollars are obviously helping to sign will be able to solidify and strengthen so major areas of need.

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I feel like I can copy and paste this to the Aggie thread as well. 

14 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s not even remotely what’s going on here… me and @Valhallaare simply pointing out how shockingly different this Texas class is finishing as opposed to where it was two weeks ago. Nobody is knocking the approach. Nobody is saying it’s not legal. We are simply just amused by the turnaround. 

Once again, recruiting tools 

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That’s  Pole Assassins version of the story (which has changed multiple times). The kid’s version is that they were in a guided tour through the haunted house, the tour guy said the monkey would give a high-five, and he got bit when he tried to do so. 

I guess it comes down to who you believe- I’ll leave that to a judge or jury. 

“That’s Poll Assassin’s version..”; I don’t know why but just that phrase tickled me.

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m just having some fun. 

Honestly the surge in OL recruiting has more do with Cristoball leaving Oregon more than anything Texas had done. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic