Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

If that’s the way Sark is making decisions then he won’t make it anyways. He needs to win games today first. 

I think card is the better choice, I imagine sark does as well.  I was really speaking of the old saying if you have little separation go with the younger one.  Sark was having to make sure his backup doesn’t transfer though 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If that’s the way Sark is making decisions then he won’t make it anyways. He needs to win games today first. 

Agreed. This is not some talentless roster. Its like the 11th best roster in the country based on recruiting rankings over the classes on campus. Add in the fact that the only team on the schedule even in the ballpark talent wise is OU and you leave lots of expectations with little room for error. 

If a new coach has to come in to texas with that amount of talent and look at the schedule and plan his "rebuild" then hes almost assuredly not the guy and you'll be gathering a buyout in 3 years. 

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

So he needs to be making decisions just out of fear that one may transfer even if that guy hasn't been significantly better through spring & fall camp? Serious question, not trying to be snarky.

43 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Agreed. This is not some talentless roster. Its like the 11th best roster in the country based on recruiting rankings over the classes on campus. Add in the fact that the only team on the schedule even in the ballpark talent wise is OU and you leave lots of expectations with little room for error. 

If a new coach has to come in to texas with that amount of talent and look at the schedule and plan his "rebuild" then hes almost assuredly not the guy and you'll be gathering a buyout in 3 years. 

Who even said the word rebuild?

25 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

So he needs to be making decisions just out of fear that one may transfer even if that guy hasn't been significantly better through spring & fall camp? Serious question, not trying to be snarky.

I think he knew card was the guy heading into summer.  He just had to ensure his backup didn’t transfer

31 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

No, if Casey Thompson is gives him the best chance to win then he should be guy. 

That’s what I’m saying.

3 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

No, if Casey Thompson is gives him the best chance to win then he should be guy. 

That’s what I’m saying.

I agree, but seems Sark is seeing something in Card that tells him Card is the guy that he feels gives him that best chance to win right now to start the season. It seems that Sark has given Casey plenty of opportunities to separate himself  from Card as the QB to lead this team & he hasn't done that. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Might be interesting game against Louisiana but I can’t imagine seeing Texas lose at home. If they’re were to get upset more likely to Arkansas on the road.

A lot of folks may disagree with me, but I think Herman’s biggest problem while at Texas was Orlando and his defensive scheme.  It was good against predictable offenses due to talent, but he couldn’t handle good spread teams.  Herman had his faults in play calling and loyalty to position coaches that stunk at developing players.  I said all of that to say this.  I don’t believe the defense will lay an egg Saturday.  Scheme and coaching will shut down the LaLa offense in the second half.  Sark has proven to be a pretty good play caller, especially when he has elite talent.  The thing is, Texas doesn’t even need great play calling, just better than average and not predictable.  

i think Texas will be getting a feeling for live game the first half.  It’ll be a typical season opener.  I can see maybe a 17-10 or maybe 20-13 type lead at halftime.  But it’ll be #AGNB in the second half.  No foot off the gas as Sark will be looking to let both qbs have the reigns and make plays.   

I don’t see a Maryland/Herman/no tackling/Orlando debacle this game1

I really like Casey Thompson, but from following the team through off season and through fall camp, Card is the guy. He's been the most consistent. Again, I think both him and Thompson are both completely capable, but Card is a really special talent.

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Bo Davis is putting in work on the recruiting trail. His DL haul is impressive. 
He still has a shot to pull Finkley out of Alabama but looks like the Tide will win that battle. 

The DE from Louisiana will be one sweating it out until signing day, and honestly, will believe it when the ink is dry.  DT from Mississippi is way underrated IMO.  

• Like 1

Man I'm excited. I thought about going to this game, but my wife is working this weekend, and on top of that, I think I bring bad juju to the team. I went to the Herman opener, and man when they got that pick 6 right out of the gate, I thought it was going to be a blowout. Well, I wasn't entirely wrong... 

ULL is the most experienced team coming into the season. They returned 20 starters and held onto their coach Billy Napier, as bigger programs came calling. 
Texas is the more talented team in recruiting rankings. Texas has yet to prove anything on the field and has a brand new coaching staff, to go along with a RS freshman QB. 
Nothing will surprise me in this game. I’d hope to see a veteran Texas dline dominate up front. I’d hope to see Texas run the ball with Bijan and open up some play action shots downfield. 
While I like Sarks first coaching staff compared to Strong or Hermans, I can’t buy-in yet. I need to see why this staff will be different before I buy that Texas is ready to blow teams out. 

22 minutes ago, Baron said:

I just don't see ULL as a threat. Their win against Iowa St. was a fluke and they won 9 against a soft schedule.

Texas 41

ULL 17

I don’t think it’s as big a threat, but Texas is employing a new scheme on both sides of the ball, UL is not.  I think it’s something like 27-20 then Texas gets a couple TDs late to pull away

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t think it’s as big a threat, but Texas is employing a new scheme on both sides of the ball, UL is not.  I think it’s something like 27-20 then Texas gets a couple TDs late to pull away

A win is a win. Hook'em

A win is a win in the record book, but that’s it. I don’t simply want to see a win. I want to see a win in convincing fashion. I’m tired of seeing close wins over inferior opponents (or losses for that latter). If that’s what we see again today, then what will make Sark any different from the last two coaches? 

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic