Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

3 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Jamison needs to be replaced by Dunn.  Schooler needs to never see the field.  I wouldn't be against Jamison going to Safety.

Foster is bad in coverage, try Jamison there.  Dunn to his place.  I have no issue with that.  Schooler is Dylan Haines all over again

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Do what I said. Give me 5 better defense you want with the game on the line. Seriously. If you're gonna be smug give me your 5. 

I’m not being smug.  There’s no way to determine the 5 best defenses with having seen them play mostly scrubs.

Texas is top ten as a rushing team.  Do you honestly think they’re a legit top 10 rushing team?  Or is it inflated stats from playing two teams that typically #### against the run.  Let em hit TCU, ou, Iowa state and Baylor for 300+ and we can discuss that.  The same for aTm’s defense.  Let them hold LSU, Bama, and a couple of the better offenses on their schedule to 5.7 ppg and then we can talk top 5 defense.  Stats are misleading, especially early in the season.  Sometimes they can be telling, but most times misleading.

quit acting like I’m pouring pee on your head.  I’m being civil, you just don’t like me disagreeing with you.   

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m not being smug.  There’s no way to determine the 5 best defenses with having seen them play mostly scrubs.

Texas is top ten as a rushing team.  Do you honestly think they’re a legit top 10 rushing team?  Or is it inflated stats from playing two teams that typically #### against the run.  Let em hit TCU, ou, Iowa state and Baylor for 300+ and we can discuss that.  The same for aTm’s defense.  Let them hold LSU, Bama, and a couple of the better offenses on their schedule to 5.7 ppg and then we can talk top 5 defense.  Stats are misleading, especially early in the season.  Sometimes they can be telling, but most times misleading.

quit acting like I’m pouring pee on your head.  I’m being civil, you just don’t like me disagreeing with you.   

I wouldn’t worry about TCU. SMU just ran for 350 on them haha. I expect another big game from the Texas offense. 

4 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I wouldn’t worry about TCU. SMU just ran for 350 on them haha. I expect another big game from the Texas offense. 

Gary Patterson.  That’s all you can say.  He’ll have his team ready for Texas and a good scheme as well.  I don’t see Texas having that kind of success on the ground.  I think he’ll make Casey have a big game to win.  

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

Gary Patterson.  That’s all you can say.  He’ll have his team ready for Texas and a good scheme as well.  I don’t see Texas having that kind of success on the ground.  I think he’ll make Casey have a big game to win.  

I think he will. Sark has his offense hitting in all cylinders right now. Maybe it won’t be another 60-70 point performance but I think Texas scores a lot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I think he will. Sark has his offense hitting in all cylinders right now. Maybe it won’t be another 60-70 point performance but I think Texas scores a lot. 

No way Texas pops 60 on TCU.  They’re averaging 46.8 a game right now, but that’s with two perennial #### defenses giving up 58 and 70 to Texas.  I see Texas scoring 28, 31 something like that.  The issue will be Texas’ defense.  Do you see the first half defense from the Tech game?  Or the third quarter from that game or the Arkansas fiasco?

5 hours ago, LOL said:

I can't help but notice that the star recruit QB wears jersey #1, and the unheralded but obvious leader QB wears #11. 

Just, y'know, making an observation.  ;) 

Kids have different reasons for the numbers they want/get. High school number, favorite player number, etc. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

will we see Quinn Ewers portal to Texas for next year?

I like the heavy offense and blasting people off the field!!! I do believe it'll draw the attention of those big offensive recruits that are thinking they want to come be a part of the attention.

I think Texas drops a bomb on TCU for some of these defeats of the last few years.

19 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

That’s hilarious! Never crossed my mind. 

14 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Great point.

14 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Kids have different reasons for the numbers they want/get. High school number, favorite player number, etc. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Just messing with y'all. Yeah, I don't read anything into it. Just thought it was amusing. 

For what it's worth, our overhyped top-recruit QB has drama concerning a local car dealership, and wears #7. 

Y'know...   just sayin.  :woot:

Js3ZtI1.jpeg

• LOL! 5

First time in years I have felt confident going into the TCU game. And it has nothing to do with TCU getting throttled by SMU, but more of the confidence I have in this team and with Thompson.

The secondary raised some questions Saturday, but it was 42-14 at halftime. That game was over the moment Tech arrived in Austin. Sark acknowledged that they put the foot off the gas there for a bit. However, it's been encouraging to see this team acknowledge issues from the previous week and look better the next. 

16 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

First time in years I have felt confident going into the TCU game. And it has nothing to do with TCU getting throttled by SMU, but more of the confidence I have in this team and with Thompson.

The secondary raised some questions Saturday, but it was 42-14 at halftime. That game was over the moment Tech arrived in Austin. Sark acknowledged that they put the foot off the gas there for a bit. However, it's been encouraging to see this team acknowledge issues from the previous week and look better the next. 

Patterson is still an evil wizard when it comes to preparation, motivation, and defensive playcalling, but he just doesn't have the horses this year.

I think TCU gives y'all a little scare early on, but the overwhelming talent disparity means Texas will pull away fairly early. I expect a similar result to the Tech game, but just not quite so lopsided. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, LOL said:

Patterson is still an evil wizard when it comes to preparation, motivation, and defensive playcalling, but he just doesn't have the horses this year.

I think TCU gives y'all a little scare early on, but the overwhelming talent disparity means Texas will pull away fairly early. I expect a similar result to the Tech game, but just not quite so lopsided. 

Agreed. 

I'm not counting this week a win until the clock hits zero and the Longhorns have more points.  TCU has had plenty of "not very good" teams look like #### and then beat Texas.  Max Duggan is not that great, but he's looked like a Heisman contender against Texas the last two years.

• Like 1

Saw two stats that are pretty impressive.

1)  Casey Thompson has had 27 possessions as Texas' QB dating back to the Alamo Bowl and has lead scoring drives on 24 of them (22 TD's and 2 FG's).  Other 3 consisted of 2 interceptions and running out the clock.  He is also the highest rated QB in total QBR in college football.

2).  Last year through four games Texas committed 38 penalties.  This year?  Only 18.  That's a reduction of over 50%.

• Like 4

On 9/25/2021 at 2:02 PM, Red90fly said:

Don't like giving up the two long TD passes, and Jamison should be put on notice for Crawford and/or Dunn.  Other than that they've looked pretty good and played a bunch of guys.  

From what I heard Sark say on his program, Jamison was counselled on letting up after an offensive score.

• Mr. P locked this topic