Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

32 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I think it’s an improvement 

It definitely is in pass pro. With Kerstetter at guard we may see more outside zone in the running game. 

The Oline isn’t my concern for this team moving forward. I like the way they’ve improved as the season has gone on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

It definitely is in pass pro. With Kerstetter at guard we may see more outside zone in the running game. 

The Oline isn’t my concern for this team moving forward. I like the way they’ve improved as the season has gone on. 

IT highlighted some plays of the game and Karic destroyed defenders a couple of times if you want to give it a look.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

With OU looking like twice stepped in Dog Dung in most of their wins, I don’t feel like this is an outlandish statement 

I thought the same thing in 2018 after beating OU.  Then Tom Herman went to Stillwater and wanted to fight Gundy and came back home and looked like someone stole his lunch money when Dana Holgerson went for 2 to win at the end.

18 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I thought the same thing in 2018 after beating OU.  Then Tom Herman went to Stillwater and wanted to fight Gundy and came back home and looked like someone stole his lunch money when Dana Holgerson went for 2 to win at the end.

Herman was so incredibly mentally weak. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Herman was so incredibly mentally weak. 

Remember this game last year when Texas had all the momentum and OU gasping for air when Texas scored the TD right at the end?  Herman could have put the dagger in OU's season if he had went for 2 and the win and put OU at 0-3 in conference play and he chickened out/went Mensa instead of the win.  No doubt in mind at that point the way things were going Texas would have gotten it.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Remember this game last year when Texas had all the momentum and OU gasping for air when Texas scored the TD right at the end?  Herman could have put the dagger in OU's season if he had went for 2 and the win and put OU at 0-3 in conference play and he chickened out/went Mensa instead of the win.  No doubt in mind at that point the way things were going Texas would have gotten it.  

Yup. Herman had a knack for playing it safe. His play calling was always too conservative and he leaned on Ehlinger too much. It was one of the most bland offenses I've seen and that says a lot considering we had Charlie Strong and Tyrone Swoopes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Last night Texas picked up a big recruiting win for WR speedster Brennan Thompson.

He is raw as a true WR but he can absolutely fly. He will also run track I believe. 

Good pick up. I wanted this kid at A&M but I do think he fits Sarks system better and will be very effective there. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Last night Texas picked up a big recruiting win for WR speedster Brennan Thompson.

He is raw as a true WR but he can absolutely fly. He will also run track I believe. 

There's bound to be some attrition in the WR room after the season. Woodard, Washington, Money and Harrison.

Big ups to Casey Thompson! I doubted him being able to make enough plays in this game and so far he has proved me wrong. 

He over threw Worthy on a corner route that would’ve been 6 just before half but other than that he’s been nails. 

Defense has to keep forcing FGs in the red zone because OU is going to move the ball. 

Sark, just keep doing what you’re doing. He’s calling a great game so far. 

16 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Big ups to Casey Thompson! I doubted him being able to make enough plays in this game and so far he has proved me wrong. 

Sark, just keep doing what you’re doing. He’s calling a great game so far. 

It's due to his coach playing to his strengths and disguising his weaknesses. It's exactly what a good playcaller does. 

Sark is dunking on Riley early and often. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

It's due to his coach playing to his strengths and disguising his weaknesses. It's exactly what a good playcaller does. 

Sark is dunking on Riley early and often. 

This changed fast! A tail of two half’s and looks like he let his wife call plays the 2nd half… 

• Like 1

Tough loss to take last night but there were a lot of things to like about where Sark can take this program. 

Sark had a great game plan coming into the game and I don’t think OU would’ve stopped the Texas offense if the Oline wasn’t so bad. As I pointed out in the shootout thread, Texas had 6 second half drives and 3 were doomed by Oline penalties and a 4th drive was ended with heavy pressure on the QB. 

For the first time that I can remember Texas had the best WR on the field in the RRS. Worthy was a stud yesterday and even after his costly turnover he came back and had 4 catches and a 31 yd TD catch to tie the game. 

The defense had a great gam plan for Rattler and gave up 13 points to the offense he led. (the TD was heavily aided by a missed called on 3rd &10 when the WR stepped out of bounds. The other TD was the 4th &1 run by Williams) 

The defense was not prepared for Caleb Williams and the young QB had the game of his life. Even when he was pressured and hit his passes found OU receivers. He threw a TD on a 3rd &10 where he got a bad snap and had pressure in his face after picking it up, he stepped up rolled right and hit his man in the endzone. 

Special teams had another punt block and Dicker made his FGs. Worthy and RoJo had mental errors bringing KO out of the endzone. RoJo brought his out to the 18 and the drive went 3&out after a sack on 1st down. Worthy obviously we remember the fumble. 

Texas is a much more improved team from game 2 to game 6 and that’s nice to see. Texas also has a coach that can out scheme his opponents and that’s nice to see. Texas is lacking at offensive tackle and pass rusher. Those two things won’t be fixed this year but this program is headed in the right direction and I think Sark was the correct hire. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Dang kinda reminds me of  (lesser scale) , Gray tailback you guys had a while back. Crazy talent at  the high school level but unfortunately injuries were too much.

He should try for a medical RS. 

you’re talking about Johnathan Gray from Aledo.  Texas had a stacked backfield that rivaled anything Bama has had.  JGray, Malcom Brown and Joe Bergeron. Texas had Case McCoy at QB then.  Had they been better than average at QB then, Texas would’ve won multiple conference titles and been in the national title picture then.  Yea, case best OU and aTm in the same season, but he was the reason they lost games they shouldn’t have too.  That backfield was crazy good.  Anybody that could’ve taken the top off a defense would’ve been a difference maker that couple of years

give me a thumbs up if you love the Longhorns!!!

• Like 3

• Mr. P locked this topic