Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

27 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I saw more people defending Quinn Ewers for doing the same thing rather than calling him out on it so... same scenario. 

It wasn’t the same scenario. Quinn Ewers completely left HS in order to enroll early at Ohio State. 
Jaydon Blue is still in HS. He simply chose to sit out his season to avoid injury before college. 

42 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I don't necessarily agree with it, but I saw more people defending Quinn Ewers for doing the same thing rather than calling him out on it so... same scenario. 

Ewers said that the UIL wouldn’t allow him to make money off his name so he was going to college. Jaydon said he didn’t want to play because it was a business decision ie “keep healthy, no wear and tear on legs.”

25 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

It wasn’t the same scenario. Quinn Ewers completely left HS in order to enroll early at Ohio State. 
Jaydon Blue is still in HS. He simply chose to sit out his season to avoid injury before college. 

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Ewers said that the UIL wouldn’t allow him to make money off his name so he was going to college. Jaydon said he didn’t want to play because it was a business decision ie “keep healthy, no wear and tear on legs.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I read about this initially, it was said that he was expected to early enroll at UT? This is all for similar reasoning. Even stated in the thread on here about Quinn Ewers, people defended it in every aspect, including getting paid and not getting injured. 

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I read about this initially, it was said that he was expected to early enroll at UT? This is all for similar reasoning. Even stated in the thread on here about Quinn Ewers, people defended it in every aspect, including getting paid and not getting injured. 

If he enrolls early, it’ll be in the Spring. As it is, he is still in HS. Ewers is already at Ohio State. 

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Ewers reclassified from ‘22 to ‘21 so he could sign a $1.2m NIL deal. Jaydon just chose to sit out his senior season so he didn’t get hurt. Then asked to come back to play and the captains voted no.

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

It's all a business decision though. Quinn Ewers was just as much a business decision as Blue's is. Maybe I'd change my views if it was my own son, but I don't like it from this perspective at all. 

I don’t like it either way, but I agree that I may change my view if it’s my own son. 

That said, I also believe there is a difference between a player not playing because he’s not there, and a player being there and not playing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Ewers reclassified from ‘22 to ‘21 so he could sign a $1.2m NIL deal. Jaydon just chose to sit out his senior season so he didn’t get hurt. Then asked to come back to play and the captains voted no.

Haha wow. That's tough. 

So at the very least, Manning is enjoying his time on campus, and apparently his relationship with Sark is a good one. I'm sure Sark was the main pursuant from Alabama, so he's probably been talking to him for a couple of years already. We have got to land some big OL recruits though. 

On 10/16/2021 at 1:59 PM, ETXfan16 said:

This team is extremely frustrating to watch 

I am going crazy about the lack of offense after about 15-20 plays. It's like he scripts those...they are awesome, then the rest of the game it's get the ball to Bijan and no nobody else and every team knows that and can simply now key on that.

It's freakin' annoying!!! 

On 10/16/2021 at 2:45 PM, Lobo97 said:

Disagree. It was absolutely his worst game, but this was not 100% on him. 

Two weeks in a row with no halftime adjustments.

Two weeks in a row with horrible second half play calling. 
Two weeks in a row where they completely forgot about Bijan in the second half. 

Again, this was Casey’s worst game, but there was so much more as to why they lost this game than just him. 

This game I wouldn't say they went away from Bijan in the 2nd half...I felt like they were going to him constantly...where the defense sat on him and said Bijan will not be what beats us...do something else and we didn't. We quit running the little fly sweeps, we quit running any "real" pass routes...things that would force the team off Bijan some.

On 10/17/2021 at 12:35 PM, DB2point0 said:

I think Sark goes a little too conservative in the 3rd with a decent lead.  OL issues rear their ugly head when the defense knows what’s coming.  When he’s stretching the field some his offense is good, but ok state was playing close to the line on 3rd downs.  They were daring them to throw deep.  

The entire defensive backfield is proving to be liabilities.  Thompson gave up too many easy pitch and catches uncontested for first downs.  Jameson gets lost on deep balls.  BJ Foster tried to quit the team once, maybe they should’ve let him.  Schooler makes You long for the return of Dylan Haines. 

im ready to see a true 4 man front.  Not 2 DT and two hybrid Linebacker ends.  Collins immediately impacted the game at DE.  Get another DE like him on the other end and go with it.  6 and 46 are typically neutralized by a TE or chip block from a RB.  

lots to fix with this team, but now is the time to start playing some younger guys to see if they can get it done 

Hey, I'm telling y'all...look at it. I think some of what many of you are saying about other coaches may be a little right, but I believe Sark is scripting those first 15-20 plays. That's those that are crazy creative and we are scoring most of our points and having our success. Heck, after I finished my script I'd start it again doing every other play on it and running them in reverse (opposite direction on the field)...then hit those other plays to keep the creative juices...and you would have to have some other good plays on your sheet dang it!!!

3 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

Hey, I'm telling y'all...look at it. I think some of what many of you are saying about other coaches may be a little right, but I believe Sark is scripting those first 15-20 plays. That's those that are crazy creative and we are scoring most of our points and having our success. Heck, after I finished my script I'd start it again doing every other play on it and running them in reverse (opposite direction on the field)...then hit those other plays to keep the creative juices...and you would have to have some other good plays on your sheet dang it!!!

Scripting plays is not uncommon, even in the high school ranks.  Coaches will take the plays they think will have success and line them up.  It gives them an opportunity to see the best plays and how the defense reacts to it.  I’m not disagreeing with you.  

As previously stated, the last two second half blunders lend more to intent than anything.  The defense knew what sark was trying to do in the second half.  Texas doesn’t have the OL to lean heavy on the run just yet.  Sarks scripted plays are set up to compliment each other.  When the OL is schemed around, it looks fine.  But their deficiency rears it’s ugly head when you lean on them.  I’m not sure sark realized just how bad they are.  He should’ve stuck with the first half game plans and kept his foot on the gas

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Scripting plays is not uncommon, even in the high school ranks.  Coaches will take the plays they think will have success and line them up.  It gives them an opportunity to see the best plays and how the defense reacts to it.  

I’m not sure sark realized just how bad they are.  He should’ve stuck with the first half game plans and kept his foot on the gas

This above is what I'm saying...he should just keep rolling with his script. You can use the script over and over in a different way essentially and kinda mess with a teams mind. Clearly your stuff was working and you definitely needed to keep your foot on the gas in every way!!! 

8 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

This above is what I'm saying...he should just keep rolling with his script. You can use the script over and over in a different way essentially and kinda mess with a teams mind. Clearly your stuff was working and you definitely needed to keep your foot on the gas in every way!!! 

I understand the philosophy of leaning on the run with a lead.  However, ou and OkSt are too good to coast with a 14 pt lead (21 vs ou).  Texas doesn’t have the personnel to do that though. All gas, no brakes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I understand the philosophy of leaning on the run with a lead.  However, ou and OkSt are too good to coast with a 14 pt lead (21 vs ou).  Texas doesn’t have the personnel to do that though. All gas, no brakes.  

Yep, in the OU game at 28-7 I had been in midst of telling my wife how OU had notoriously been all about blowing Texas out, but you'd rarely see that from Texas...that Texas was bad about "playing nice" and coasting to wins, not rubbing them in or pouring on TD's. I felt like maybe we'd see some teeth now and we'd start to pour it on with a big pounding and all of a sudden it was like somebody has stolen Sark's playbook...and as the last two games' leads have shrunk I have felt that ugly feeling in my stomach. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PelvisPresley said:

Yep, in the OU game at 28-7 I had been in midst of telling my wife how OU had notoriously been all about blowing Texas out, but you'd rarely see that from Texas...that Texas was bad about "playing nice" and coasting to wins, not rubbing them in or pouring on TD's. I felt like maybe we'd see some teeth now and we'd start to pour it on with a big pounding and all of a sudden it was like somebody has stolen Sark's playbook...and as the last two games' leads have shrunk I have felt that ugly feeling in my stomach. 

I’d have tried to score 80.  

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic