Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

24 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Sooooo if you're Sark to you stick with Thompson or do you give Card more reps and see what he can do?

You’ve already seen Casey’s best IMO.  Card has a much higher ceiling.  The OL is the problem.  For the rest of the season you will see teams stack the box and dare Texas to take the top off of the defense.  Texas can’t block long enough to do it.  And their receivers have the drops lately.  

sark has managed the liability pretty well though.  He has a back that’s knocking on the door of 1,000 yards in just 8 games.  Texas hasn’t seen that but once in the last decade.  It’s when he gets more deliberate in the play calling Texas gets whipped.  When teams are fearing the passing game the run game is good.  

Cole Hutson 4* OT #341 

Connor Robertson 3* OG/C #552

22 commits and this is the reinforcements coming for the o-line. I don’t care how many Bijan Robinson’s you put out there, o-line and d-line are the two most important postion groups there is. Protecting the QB. Getting after the QB. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Cole Hutson 4* OT #341 

22 commits and this is the reinforcements coming for the o-line. I don’t care how many Bijan Robinson’s you put out there, o-line and d-line are the two most important postion groups there is. Protecting the QB. Getting after the QB. 

This. Texas for the last few years is following the Sumlin recruiting plan. Top 10 classes but fluffed by position players but lacking in the trenches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lions70 said:

Frustrating for you . Potential is there . West Virginia and Kansas are winnable. Iowa st will be tough so you never know. For record I had Texas winning the big12 in the preseason so no trolls from me.

Every game from here on out is a toss up.  Kansas played with OU.  Don’t think they can’t play with Texas.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Cole Hutson 4* OT #341 

$5 says Bijan transfers

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This. Texas for the last few years is following the Sumlin recruiting plan. Top 10 classes but fluffed by position players but lacking in the trenches. 

Until they change that nothing will change. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m tired of hearing about how much sway the donors at Texas have.  Now is their time to show their support and flex muscles financially.  Start buying OL commits now.  DL too.  They want an immediate influence in the football program???  That’s how they do it.  NIL the #### out of them.  Wanting to chew on the coach’s ear and tell him their plans ain’t cutting it.  Get the man some players.

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’m tired of hearing about how much sway the donors at Texas have.  Now is their time to show their support and flex muscles financially.  Start buying OL commits now.  DL too.  They want an immediate influence in the football program???  That’s how they do it.  NIL the #### out of them.  Wanting to chew on the coach’s ear and tell him their plans ain’t cutting it.  Get the man some players.

Ive been saying it...Texas fans don't want to admit this but its a culture thing at this point. Texas and lots of the money guys are concerned with being more like Stanford than Bama. 

But the problem also is that Texas isn't the only program with money that wants offensive lineman. These guys also are not committing only because of NIL money. The elite guys that Texas needs in the trenches are not going to go to a program with 1 olineman drafted in nearly a decade just because of NIL money. Their nfl careers are more important. 

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Ive been saying it...Texas fans don't want to admit this but its a culture thing at this point. Texas and lots of the money guys are concerned with being more like Stanford than Bama. 

But the problem also is that Texas isn't the only program with money that wants offensive lineman. These guys also are not committing only because of NIL money. The elite guys that Texas needs in the trenches are not going to go to a program with 1 olineman drafted in nearly a decade just because of NIL money. Their nfl careers are more important. 

Texas used to put OL in the first round regularly.  It has been a while though. Those guys we are speaking of will likely be drafted regardless of where they signed

4 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It's a culture thing living in Austin anymore. That city has fallen off the earth IMO compared to say the 80's.

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

It's a culture thing living in Austin anymore. That city has fallen off the earth IMO compared to say the 80's.

Yes. For all the joking about College Station we see from Texas fans, Austin is the #### of Texas these days with how overrun with homeless and weirdness these days.. Keep Austin weird was all fun and games when it was mostly pot smokers and hippies but its now a communist hell hole. 

• Thanks 1

This is the problem with the Sark hire. He has been a mediocre head coach everywhere he has been. Just because he was a good OC with 8 first round draft picks in 2 years at Bama does not make him capable of leading a program with as storied history as Texas... It was a risky hire from the get go and he honestly might not get 3 full seasons. Which at that point will make him the 3rd coach fired in the last 11 years... Good luck getting elite coaches to take the job after that. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Texas has to hit the portal hard. There will be enough talent in the portal to turn this team around in one offseason. 

I 100% believe this is a good coaching staff. Players are not executing like they need to.

Josh Moore wasn’t a Texas caliber WR when he committed and he’s still not. Casey Thompson has hit his ceiling. It was ridiculous to replace Card after Arkansas with Rice and Tech coming up. Those two games should’ve been Cards opportunity to settle into the offense and get comfortable, instead Casey was able to feast on bad teams and he’s been exposed vs the good teams. 

I do believe the coaching staff has made mistakes along the way as well and I wonder how well Sarks offensive philosophy really meshes with PKs defensive philosophy. But at the end of the day Texas lost by 7 and Josh Moore dropped a TD, fumbled in the redzone, and dropped a pass in the redzone that resulted in an INT. That’s at least 13 points and that’s not even including Thompson throwing a rainbow out of bounds when he had Worthy wide open for a TD. That’s 20 points and Texas lost by 7. 

27 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas has to hit the portal hard. There will be enough talent in the portal to turn this team around in one offseason. 

I 100% believe this is a good coaching staff. Players are not executing like they need to.

Josh Moore wasn’t a Texas caliber WR when he committed and he’s still not. Casey Thompson has hit his ceiling. It was ridiculous to replace Card after Arkansas with Rice and Tech coming up. Those two games should’ve been Cards opportunity to settle into the offense and get comfortable, instead Casey was able to feast on bad teams and he’s been exposed vs the good teams. 

I do believe the coaching staff has made mistakes along the way as well and I wonder how well Sarks offensive philosophy really meshes with PKs defensive philosophy. But at the end of the day Texas lost by 7 and Josh Moore dropped a TD, fumbled in the redzone, and dropped a pass in the redzone that resulted in an INT. That’s at least 13 points and that’s not even including Thompson throwing a rainbow out of bounds when he had Worthy wide open for a TD. That’s 20 points and Texas lost by 7. 

Yes but this is the 3rd straight loss that they were in position to win and didnt. Yes some.of that is talent and youth but Sark is barely over .500 as a HC. He's been losing games like this his entire career. 

I am not saying its impossible for him to do well at Texas, but he's already showing the red flags that most people outside of Austin saw when he was hired. 

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yes but this is the 3rd straight loss that they were in position to win and didnt. Yes some.of that is talent and youth but Sark is barely over .500 as a HC. He's been losing games like this his entire career. 

I am not saying its impossible for him to do well at Texas, but he's already showing the red flags that most people outside of Austin saw when he was hired. 

What are those red flags? 

21 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

What are those red flags? 

The biggest one being his record. His win/loss record was mediocre at best. Thats not counting his off the field stuff. 

I'm just saying that every Texas fan I know including on here thinks Texas is a top 5 job in all of college football. But this was not a top 5 hire on paper IMO. If you're a top 5 job you go steal a top 5 coach. 

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic