Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Sark can only survive more than 2 years if his strength coach performs miracles, his speed/quickness coach performs miracles, and at least 6 true freshmen/transfers come in and are better than average starters. 

Texas needs a complete overhaul on the OL.  

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Sark can only survive more than 2 years if his strength coach performs miracles, his speed/quickness coach performs miracles, and at least 6 true freshmen/transfers come in and are better than average starters. 

I think you have to seriously consider changing a lot of position coaches. They just are not playing good ball. And they have athletes. There's absolutely no excuse for a program that recruits at the leve Texas has to still be losing this many games in this many ways against the competition they play. 

Defensive coordinator is a must I like the dline haul bo Davis put together but after that free game.  Pruitt or Patterson would make more than sark as a coordinator if it were my choice.  Oline is terrible they can't block out light much less another person.  Thompson is at his ceiling but he's miles better than card which I just don't understand.  I like sark he has a plan however this is not Alabama I wish it was but its not and it won't ever be close if the trenches and QB can't get addressed quickly.  

21 minutes ago, oldschool32 said:

Defensive coordinator is a must I like the dline haul bo Davis put together but after that free game.  Pruitt or Patterson would make more than sark as a coordinator if it were my choice.  Oline is terrible they can't block out light much less another person.  Thompson is at his ceiling but he's miles better than card which I just don't understand.  I like sark he has a plan however this is not Alabama I wish it was but its not and it won't ever be close if the trenches and QB can't get addressed quickly.  

Sark can’t run his offense with the OL he has, but he’s determined to keep doing it

6 hours ago, Lions70 said:

Bad time for you. At this point I would keep my comments at a minimum. You sound ridiculous.

And here comes Lion walking in 5 hours late, ignorant of the conversation and trying to throw insults around.  Talking about bad time….  It’s always that way for you.  You should take your own advice 

2017 class, ranked 25th in NCAA, these guys are Covid seniors 

17 signed, 5 remain, 3 start and 2 don’t contribute at all. 
Josh Thompson, Cade Brewer, Derek Kerstetter. 

2018 class, ranked 3rd in NCAA, these guys are seniors but could get another year. 

27 signed, 14 remain, 11 play and 3 don’t contribute. 
BJ Foster, Demarvion Overshown, DeShawn Jamison, Christian Jones, Junior Angilau, Casey Thompson, Moro Ojomo, Keondra Coburn, Josh Moore, Anthony Cook, Cameron Dicker

2019 class, ranked 3rd in NCAA, these are juniors

26 signed, 14 remain, 7 play and 7 haven’t contributed. 

Jordan Whittington, Roschon Johnson, Marcus Washington, Chris Adimora, David Gbenda, Tvondre Sweat, Jared Wiley 

2020 class, ranked 8th in NCAA, the sophomores 

20 signed, 8 play significant time, 3 play some, and 9 have not contributed

Bijan Robinson, Hudson Card, Alfred Collins, Vernon Broughton, Jerrin Thompson, Jake Majors, Andra Karic, Jaylan Ford. 

2021 class, ranked 15th in NCAA, the freshman 

23 signed, 5 have played a lot, 5 play some, and 13 haven’t contributed.

Xavier Worthy, Bryon Murphy, Juan Davis, Barryn Sorrell, Gunner Helm

On top of this class Sark brought in 7 transfers, 4 LBs, 2 DBs, and RB/Wr Robinson all start or contribute heavily other than Robinson. 
The class rankings above don’t account for Walkons like Brockermeyer and Bush that contribute heavily. 

The Junior class has killed the the WR room. Jake Smith and Bru McCoy were both 5 star busts. 

2 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

Bad times then . I don’t wanna get into a 💩 match so I won’t derail this thread. However, expectations are tad different in Austin so might be some second thoughts. I say this in jest.

There's no pissing match to get into; but you're not going to sit here and make a troll post and not be reminded what your own record was your final year in the B12. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Not much talk about it since the season started. Last I saw was likely 2023, so one more year in the Big12. 

There’s still time to fix the o-line. They just gotta allocate the resources to it. 

2 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

I never pretended they were dominant . I never thought Texas would be 4-5 either. Expectations and reality can be difficult.

There's nothing here I disagree with. Had you simply said this, there wouldn't have been an issue. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic