Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I'll still be surprised if it doesn't happen next season. But Texas has A LOT of work to do to improve their OL. 

I agree here, it would be strange to see Texas in the Big 12 again next year. 

This team has a lot of holes to fill before they are ready to compete.
You can solve the secondary WR issues with high school recruiting if Sark can pull some studs. 
OL is going to take some portal magic to bring in some immediate help. 
Defense…needs a lot of work everywhere. 

8 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I agree here, it would be strange to see Texas in the Big 12 again next year. 

This team has a lot of holes to fill before they are ready to compete.
You can solve the secondary WR issues with high school recruiting if Sark can pull some studs. 
OL is going to take some portal magic to bring in some immediate help. 
Defense…needs a lot of work everywhere. 

If Sark doesn't kill it in the portal this year it wouldn't shock me at all to see a new HC taking the reigns when Texas enters the SEC. Theres no way they settle for two years like this one and the only way they don't get drug through the mud next year is with an extreme influx of MATURE talent in the trenches. 

7 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The O-line can’t throw the the ball the guys running wide open that Thompson and Card could not execute yesterday. 

Fix the QB and the O-line will look a lot better. 

Both QBs have average arms at best and not very mobile.  Both would probably be okay with a great o-line.  
The o-line would look better if they had a mobile QB behind them. 
It is a combo platter - on a scale of 1 to 10, the QBs are about a 3 to a 4 and the o-line about the same —- not a good combo in college football. 

I’m not giving up on Sark. I had the sense in talking to a HS Head Coach that Herman did not endear himself to the high school coaches. How do you lose out on the Brockmeyer twins with a father that wore the burnt orange and an older brother on the team. About the only positions I feel are solid are running backs and kicker. Hopefully we have a “HELP WANTED” sign on the transfer portal.

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

If Sark doesn't kill it in the portal this year it wouldn't shock me at all to see a new HC taking the reigns when Texas enters the SEC. Theres no way they settle for two years like this one and the only way they don't get drug through the mud next year is with an extreme influx of MATURE talent in the trenches. 

I don’t know, I think this administration will give Sark time simply because he needs time for the team to grow. 
The best talents on this team are underclassmen. They need to get bowl eligible so they can get the extra practices for development. Still have to bring in as many Olinemen and LBs as possible in the portal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t know, I think this administration will give Sark time simply because he needs time for the team to grow. 
The best talents on this team are underclassmen. They need to get bowl eligible so they can get the extra practices for development. Still have to bring in as many Olinemen and LBs as possible in the portal. 

Charlie Strong got 3 years. Sark should get 3 years too.

11 hours ago, oldschool32 said:

I think Thompsons thumb may be worse than what they are telling

Thompson has not been the same since the pick 6 against Oklahoma State.  While not a premier QB to begin with, his biggest issue right now is between the ears.

Bases upon what I saw on Saturday, much of Card's inability to do anything was holding the ball for too long.  Perhaps a lot of that has to do with his lack of game time reps?  In today's game you need to know when to tuck it and run.

With that said, still need a better QB, OL. and tackling skills and a reduction in drive killing penalties.  And lastly, a better attitude.

• Like 1

I said at the time of the Sark hire that I was neither excited or optimistic. I still haven't been shown anything to lead me to believe he is the right hire. However, he's there now. You can't expect to improve recruiting by replacing your HC every other year. Now that he's there, he should get 3 years. 

I want to see Card at QB for the rest of the season. 
I know everyone says he holds the ball too long, which is fair, but the last two defenses he’s faced both ran the same defense. Rush 3 and drop 8, if I’m a QB I would assume I have time to get through my progressions to find the holes in the zone but like vs Arkansas our Oline couldn’t block 3 rushers.  He was solid vs ULL and was really good on 3rd down in that game. 

We knew he struggled vs Arkansas and then the next time we see him is vs the same defense, on the road, at night, vs Iowa St. Not sure we should’ve expected and different results. 

43 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I want to see Card at QB for the rest of the season. 
I know everyone says he holds the ball too long, which is fair, but the last two defenses he’s faced both ran the same defense. Rush 3 and drop 8, if I’m a QB I would assume I have time to get through my progressions to find the holes in the zone but like vs Arkansas our Oline couldn’t block 3 rushers.  He was solid vs ULL and was really good on 3rd down in that game. 

We knew he struggled vs Arkansas and then the next time we see him is vs the same defense, on the road, at night, vs Iowa St. Not sure we should’ve expected and different results. 

Man, so does Max Johnson at LSU but everyone thinks he is going to be great... I think they only way to see what they are doing wrong is to put them on the field so you have something to evaluate...  Play the kid, improve him in the Spring.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

At his Monday press conference, Sark accounted that WR Josh Moore will enter the transfer portal. 

Dang, that's a bummer. It looked like he was becoming a primary target. 

Just now, WETSU said:

Bijan sitting the remainder of the year. Sark is going to have to pull a few tricks to even make a bowl this year... He also might not make it through next season at this rate. 

Wait...  what? 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ehhh, I'll wait til someone with more than a thousand Twitter followers breaks this. 

That said, is an Athletic subscription worth it? It's only $4 a month. 

I pulled this from 24/7. I don't know if he's worth it or not honestly I just saw this and thought I would comment. If its nothing than my apologies for spreading a rumor. 

(Still think sark is in over his head and will be replaced after next year.) 

• Mr. P locked this topic