Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

Card needs to go back to receiver he is a good athlete.  I figured Thompsons thumb was worse than they were saying and the fact he was the better choice even being hurt further proves card needs to switch positions.  I feel like Ewers would have the same issue he had at Ohio state going to A&M they are high on king and weigman is supposed to be legit.  If he goes and loses that battle he turns into the new Tate Martell.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LOL said:

So, my question is: where do the other QBs go, depending on who Ewers chooses? 

If UT, does Card stay or go? And if A&M, does King or the Wisenheimer kid (can't remember his name) go? 

Weigman is better than Ewers imo. He’s not going anywhere. And I’m not sold he can beat out King either. Calzada would be the guy who left if Ewers came. And he’s probably leaving anyways. He’s not better than King or Weigman even with his experience. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, oldschool32 said:

Card needs to go back to receiver he is a good athlete.  I figured Thompsons thumb was worse than they were saying and the fact he was the better choice even being hurt further proves card needs to switch positions.  I feel like Ewers would have the same issue he had at Ohio state going to A&M they are high on king and weigman is supposed to be legit.  If he goes and loses that battle he turns into the new Tate Martell.  

Agreed. He decided to leave Ohio State because he saw he wasn’t going to play. I don’t see that being any different at A&M.

That leaves Texas and Texas Tech. He’ll have to compete with Thompson at Texas, but I can’t imagine he not winning that. 

He’d have the least competition at TT, but probably has the least likely chance of competing for a championship there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Agreed. He decided to leave Ohio State because he saw he wasn’t going to play. I don’t see that being any different at A&M.

That leaves Texas and Texas Tech. He’ll have to compete with Thompson at Texas, but I can’t imagine he not winning that. 

He’d have the least competition at TT, but probably has the least likely chance of competing for a championship there. 

Not mention a new system for everyone which is very uncertain. I just don’t see him going there when he was such a Texas lock for so long

3 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Someone send him to Brian Kelly…

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

Weigman is better than Ewers imo. He’s not going anywhere. And I’m not sold he can beat out King either. Calzada would be the guy who left if Ewers came. And he’s probably leaving anyways. He’s not better than King or Weigman even with his experience. 

This is a bold statement. From Smoaky history, I can guarantee that if Ewers was an Aggie from the beginning, you’d be telling a different story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

This is a bold statement. From Smoaky history, I can guarantee that if Ewers was an Aggie from the beginning, you’d be telling a different story. 

All we have to go on is their High School careers. And with that, I don’t think very many people would argue that Weigman is better than Ewers. 

19 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

All we have to go on is their High School careers. And with that, I don’t think very many people would argue that Weigman is better than Ewers. 

I should have been clearer. My comment wasn’t geared towards Weigman but more so to King. King may end up being the greatest QB the Aggies have ever had, and WET is entitled to his opinions. I’m also entitled to disagree… specifically because King hasn’t done anything on the field yet - he also struggled his Sr year. And if we are going off what ifs and rankings, the Ewers kid is about as high as one can get. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

I should have been clearer. My comment wasn’t geared towards Weigman but more so to King. King may end up being the greatest QB the Aggies have ever had, and WET is entitled to his opinions. I’m also entitled to disagree… specifically because King hasn’t done anything on the field yet - he also struggled his Sr year. And if we are going off what ifs and rankings, the Ewers kid is about as high as one can get. 

I gotcha. Well my argument can be made for both King and Weigman. To your point, we only have a 1 game sampling at the college level for King too. So again, based on HS performance alone, I think most would say Ewers was the best of the 3. 

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

This time last year I might have. But going through elite 11 and then watching Weigman even before he committed to A&M, I say no. Weigman has done more with far less. You guys can choose to not believe that if you want, but Weigman was pushing to be ranked higher even before Ewers decided to reclassify. 

41 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

To clarify, I think Weigman is the future and i think he is better than Ewers. I do not necessarily think King is better. 

16 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Smh NIL is gonna absolutely kill college athletics. 

I don't blame Texas one bit for throwing together a program like this. It's within the rules, so go for it. I'm sure others will follow. 

The best part is that it will likely cost UT athletics $0… so essentially UT will still make their money.  Smart business move for the school, but the idea of amateurism is out the door and gone forever in college athletics.  I won’t rush to judge whether or not this is good quite yet

Have you seen the video of the championship game winning TD pass for Murphy? Cool, but it always brings things back to reality that these kids (even Cali kids) are playing in a different world from Texas kids. Did you see the crowd? There wasn't one. Even a good 4A semifinal game (Gilmer/Celina) in Texas would be drawing 10K plus people...these kids are playing in front of 1000 people maybe. They come to Texas and are in shock/awe to try and play in front of 100K...much less dealing with the normal stuff of being a freshman and trying to figure out the nuances of what your belief system is now that your parents aren't making your decisions for you.  

• Mr. P locked this topic