Longhorns 2021 Thread🤘🏼

ETXfan16

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is from a Texas mod just a little while ago…. Along with plenty of other sources. 

CE96C331-7CAD-44C8-9491-EC0649732C78.png

Roach was saying a couple hours before Stewart committed that his sources at Texas had him wanting to wait until ESD before committing. A couple hours later Stewart is an Ag. That Roach is putting non positive Texas news out there is a big deal if you follow recruiting. 

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Roach was saying a couple hours before Stewart committed that his sources at Texas had him wanting to wait until ESD before committing. A couple hours later Stewart is an Ag. That Roach is putting non positive Texas news out there is a big deal if you follow recruiting. 

Roach is one of the worst in the business. But I was just using him to post that even Texas mods are denying whatever rumor he saw on a Texas site. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Roach is one of the worst in the business. But I was just using him to post that even Texas mods are denying whatever rumor he saw on a Texas site. 

Absolutely. When Roach isn’t pumping sunshine that should tell Horns fans something. 

48 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Exactly, he posts what he thinks he knows, but Roach has been wrong quite a bit this year.  I don’t pay for 247, but a lot of the posters there are ticked they aren’t “getting what they’re paying for”.  

36 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Absolutely. When Roach isn’t pumping sunshine that should tell Horns fans something. 

He was wrong on Stewart commitment time line.  He said ESD, Stewart committed shortly after that statement.  Lots of these guys get played so they can give out bad information.  A few years back Taylor Hamm was the guy, this year it must be Roach’s turn.  

15 hours ago, Valhalla said:

From my understanding the NIL “cannot” be tied to performance.

Of course I’m not sure what Texas is doing in general is really what the rule what meant for anyways. 

They are not letting the market pay kids for their likeness. They are just paying kids to be in a Texas jersey.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

Of course I’m not sure what Texas is doing in general is really what the rule what meant for anyways. 

They are not letting the market pay kids for their likeness. They are just paying kids to be in a Texas jersey.

Everyone wanted to pay kids until Texas flexed and now everyone is butt hurt.

The market is what Texas says it is. Maybe in Arkansas an OL is only worth $10k but at Texas, the most profitable and recognizable college program, an OL is worth $50K. 

Texas was never going to go about NIL in shady ways. That’s the reason they took so long to get their NIL deals in order. This was all carefully vetted and done with Texas law in mind. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

The market is what Texas says it is. Maybe in Arkansas an OL is only worth $10k but at Texas, the most profitable and recognizable college program, an OL is worth $50K. 

Texas was never going to go about NIL in shady ways. That’s the reason they took so long to get their NIL deals in order. This was all carefully vetted and done with Texas law in mind. 

I’m not mad at Texas. It’s the NCAA’s fault. Instead of accepting reality and adjusting they just kept punting to the courts and now they unleashed something that really doesn’t have any boundaries.

• Like 6

18 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

That wasn’t worth skipping his senior season of HS for.  I bet he was paid a large part of it for getting to campus

Oh I know he got some of it, but he didnt get it all. And I agree, not worth skipping your senior year for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

OU will be doing it in a few years.  It will be the norm.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I’m not mad at Texas. It’s the NCAA’s fault. Instead of accepting reality and adjusting they just kept punting to the courts and now they unleashed something that really doesn’t have any boundaries.

Might as well take advantage of it u til something g is done about it.  

now all a bag man has to do is donate the money with an earmark for the particular player they want signed.  

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/new-texas-booster-fund-highlights-major-flaws-in-nil-system

5 hours ago, Valhalla said:

This is true of EVERY program in the country, not just Texas. I made this argument from the beginning. Very little of any of this has anything to do with a players name or image. That's simply the work around to go from paying kids under the table, to now doing it in broad daylight, legally. You really think anyone had made money off Quinn Ewers's name when he was given $1M at Ohio State? Nope. 

• Like 2

• Mr. P locked this topic