@ Missouri

Alabama 

Mississippi State 

@ Arkansas 

@ LSU

Auburn

@ Ole Miss

*liable to change

First year under the “free covid year” of eligibility. What upperclassmen decide to come back for a 5th or 6th year, if any?

First year under the new instant eligibility for transfers rule. How will Jimbo’s staff utilize it to fill gaps on the roster?

Haynes King or Zach Calzada in ‘21?

Josh Henson’s Maroon Goons took a huge leap forward in ‘20. What will they look like in ‘21 with potentially replacing 4/5 of the line?

What can Jimbo do to build upon the success of 2020?

For the love of God please get a different style helmet for King or I will be forced to refer to him as Bobblehead throughout the year. 

Also, LOL at Colorado as the one P5 (tough) non-conference game. I guess you get a little break for having Clemson on the schedule recently.

4 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

For the love of God please get a different style helmet for King or I will be forced to refer to him as Bobblehead throughout the year. 

Also, LOL at Colorado as the one P5 (tough) non-conference game. I guess you get a little break for having Clemson on the schedule recently.

I mean thats basically a mid major schedule with one real game vs bama right... 

43 minutes ago, Stoney said:

2021 Schedule*

Non Conference games

Kent State

@ Colorado 

New Mexico

Prairie View A&M

Conference Games

South Carolina 

@ Missouri

Alabama 

Mississippi State 

@ Arkansas 

@ LSU

Auburn

@ Ole Miss

*liable to change

That’s a rough OOC schedule.

Just now, Lhornfan said:

Outside of Bama at the top in the West, how do you see the other teams finishing? 

I'm not entirely sure Bama just walks through to be honest. But for arguments sake...

1. Bama

2. A&M. I actually think the offense improves overall next year. King will add a dimension to this offense they haven't had and every play maker on offense returns. Get serviceable oline play and they will be fine. Defensively I think they will be better. They are getting some true studs in the front 7. Look for that side of the ball to continue to be a strength. 

3. LSU. They will be very very good defensively. Idk what their staff will end up looking like but there's still some talent their. Not as much depth as they have had in the past though... 

4. Arkansas. Really like what Pittman is building there. Just have a feeling they get the edge on Auburn. 

5. Auburn. HATE the Harsin hire and they will need some time to get into his system. He will be gone in 4 years regardless though. 

6. Ole Miss. They could easily be as high as 3 with how good Lane is offensively. Will they be able to stop anyone ever though? 

7. Miss st. Leach will be a problem there. As much as I like the guy he's not going to make it there long term IMO. 

• Like 1

Man I hated the Harsin hire also. He just doesn't fit the blue collar type atmosphere at Auburn IMO. Leach is no different than he was at TT. The difference was he was alone out there in Lubbock. Now he's right in the middle of the SEC. I'm not sure he can separate from the pack. I too look for LSU to bounce back.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah. We should schedule powerhouses Tulane, Western Kentucky, and Nebraska...

I know none of those teams can hold a candle to Prairie View A&M.  We should not have ducked them. 

The saddest thing for both of us is Tulane might be the best team of the bunch. 

40 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I know none of those teams can hold a candle to Prairie View A&M.  We should not have ducked them. 

The saddest thing for both of us is Tulane might be the best team of the bunch. 

Lol the point is that every team schedules tune up games. Seems like a weird thing to pick on.

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

A&M has signed a very complete class. Especially on defense. The front 7 over the last 3 classes is absolutely loaded. 

I like that we got the Gilbert kid. A free safety who looks like he could play corner. Not like some corners we’ve got who had to move to safety or a run stopper like Leon O’Neal. WRs shouldn’t be getting behind him. 

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I like that we got the Gilbert kid. A free safety who looks like he could play corner. Not like some corners we’ve got who had to move to safety or a run stopper like Leon O’Neal. WRs shouldn’t be getting behind him. 

The last two classes the safeties have been more coverage types where as the first two classes under Jimbo were more run first guys like oneal like you said. 

Guys like oneal were valuable at first when they were building a depleted front 7 that couldn't stop the run to save its life, but now that the front 7 has become the strength its time to start focusing on not letting bama beat you with bombs. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The last two classes the safeties have been more coverage types where as the first two classes under Jimbo were more run first guys like oneal like you said. 

Guys like oneal were valuable at first when they were building a depleted front 7 that couldn't stop the run to save its life, but now that the front 7 has become the strength its time to start focusing on not letting bama beat you with bombs. 

That front 7 two deep, three deep is nasty. Secondary is starting to come around. Anything else we get to close out the class is gravy. 

12 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Wonder who the gone for sure is? Even more, wonder which of the other three are thinking about it?

The OL need to check out Derek Kerstetter before they decide.  That’s one position where you’re one bad step from ending your career.  I’ve never been too upset over an OL declaring early.  Most times they know they’re gonna be a top pick.  But for a senior OL to come back is too risky for their future, unless they know for certain they don’t want to play in the nfl and just want a last hoorah

• Mr. P locked this topic