👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

I’ve been traveling all day and just heard about Haynes. Man I absolutely hate that. I’ve been looking forward to watching him play since last season…I watched him last week, but I mean for the season. I thought he was going to keep getting better and better. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

• Like 1

Just now, Lobo97 said:

I’ve been traveling all day and just heard about Haynes. Man I absolutely hate that. I’ve been looking forward to watching him play since last season…I watched him last week, but I mean for the season. I thought he was going to keep getting better and better. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

King plays and it’s a different game. Hopefully it’s nothing too major. 

7 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I will say this about Calzada, he struggled bad early on, but he showed a lot of grit and a ton of guts on those last 2 offensive drives of the game. If he needed something to boost his confidence, those two drives should be enough. Great finish by the Aggies. 

That Aggie defense is FOR REAL! 

Great stuff against the Buffs! Celebrate and hang them hats!

Do you wear a rolex? N/M, nobody from WR has. 🙄

32 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Insane. 

Difference between a Jimbo team and a Sumlin team. 

Might be the 3rd barley pop I was working on but felt like the defense had it, it was just questions about what the offense could do. Calzada finally had them driving at the end. Until we find out how long King is out, give Calzada the reps and game plan to make him successful. 

14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I will say this about Calzada, he struggled bad early on, but he showed a lot of grit and a ton of guts on those last 2 offensive drives of the game. If he needed something to boost his confidence, those two drives should be enough. Great finish by the Aggies. 

That Aggie defense is FOR REAL! 

Antonio Johnson is a player. His name was called as much as anybody in that 4th quarter.

Good tough win for the Ags today in a tough stadium and under adverse conditions, but I thought Colorado looked really good.....esp. their D.  That Fresh QB Lewis from Melissa also looked like he's gonna be a good one.  Gotta give the Bufs some credit too.  They played impressively today.  I think he's a Redshirt Freshman also.  He graduated 2019 I believe.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Good tough win for the Ags today in a tough stadium and under adverse conditions, but I thought Colorado looked really good.....esp. their D.  That Fresh QB Lewis from Melissa also looked like he's gonna be a good one.  Gotta give the Bufs some credit too.  They played impressively today.

That Landman kid for Colorado is a football player. He was in Calzada’s face or around the ball all day. 10-7 against the #5 team, that’s a huge step for Colorado.

This was an ugly win for A&M but all the credit to CU. I do think if king doeantngo down A&M finds its offense sooner and maybe covers because of how good the defense played, but still a gritty win none the less. You'll have those. 

Calzada has a LONG way to go. He had time today for the most part but missed a lot of throws. He's throwing heat the whole time and it was clear the WRs are not use to his ball as they dropped many they had hands on but calzada simply had so much on it they couldn't bring it down. That happens a lot when you miss high like calzada tends to do. 

I'll take the ugly win but there's a long way to go for this team if they plan on winning 10+. The team I saw today loses to Bama and Ole Miss handily while also likely dropping a game vs Auburn or LSU. Defense buckled down late but Ole Miss will score in bunches playing like they did first half. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

This was an ugly win for A&M but all the credit to CU. I do think if king doeantngo down A&M finds its offense sooner and maybe covers because of how good the defense played, but still a gritty win none the less. You'll have those. 

Calzada has a LONG way to go. He had time today for the most part but missed a lot of throws. He's throwing heat the whole time and it was clear the WRs are not use to his ball as they dropped many they had hands on but calzada simply had so much on it they couldn't bring it down. That happens a lot when you miss high like calzada tends to do. 

I'll take the ugly win but there's a long way to go for this team if they plan on winning 10+. The team I saw today loses to Bama and Ole Miss handily while also likely dropping a game vs Auburn or LSU. Defense buckled down late but Ole Miss will score in bunches playing like they did first half. 

I think you’ll beat LSU. They’re not a good team. 

New Mexico 

Arkansas

Mississippi State

New Mexico is a great game to get Calzada up to speed and build his confidence up. Dude has to go from Nolan Ryan to Greg Maddux. Lay off the fastball and mix in some change ups.

We’ve had some close games with Arkansas over the last several years. There’s always been a break or two needed to distance ourselves from them. The feelings been sooner or later the ball will bounce the Hawgs way. This could be that game if Calzada and the offense sputters.

Its Mike Leach and Mississippi State. Who the heck knows? The series is 5-4 since we joined the SEC. 

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

New Mexico 

Arkansas

Mississippi State

New Mexico is a great game to get Calzada up to speed and build his confidence up. Dude has to go from Nolan Ryan to Greg Maddux. Lay off the fastball and mix in some change ups.

We’ve had some close games with Arkansas over the last several years. There’s always been a break or two needed to distance ourselves from them. The feelings been sooner or later the ball will bounce the Hawgs way. This could be that game if Calzada and the offense sputters.

Its Mike Leach and Mississippi State. Who the heck knows? The series is 5-4 since we joined the SEC. 

I think Zach will settle down some next week. Its tough coming in cold off the bench on the road. Especially when you aren't getting favorable numbers in the box and are forced to throw more than you'd like to see. 

Year 4 and Jimbo still at this moment has the same problem that has held his offense back since year 1. A&M HAS to be able to stretch the field. There were open WRs last night that Zach just didn't see. But if you can't create some big plays to get that 7th or 8th guy out of the box you're not going to be effective with a run based offense. Jimbo is either going to have to learn to lean on the running game even running into loaded boxes or he's going to have to get the passing game in gear to free up some room. But yesterday Colorado just gave the entire country the blueprint to beat A&M and this point nobody is going to respect Calzada or the WRs until they actually do something. 

Yeah, I'm pretty Jimbo gameplanned a certain kind of attack going in against Colorado, and it seemed like he was unwilling to go away from it despite losing his starter. That said, I agree that gameplanning for Calzada's strenghts (and away from his weaknesses) combined with giving him a week of QB1 reps will help the Aggie offense significantly. 

I think A&M still has an outside shot at the conference. Granted, you just don't replace a Haynes King (ask any Lobo fan), but this ain't exactly Jimbo's first rodeo. I bet we see a return to a more run-first grind it out offense against New Mexico, and I think Calzada will settle down with increased reps. 

Of course, in the event that King's injury turns out to be not as severe as feared, then let's crank that hype machine right back up. :woot:

5 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yeah, I'm pretty Jimbo gameplanned a certain kind of attack going in against Colorado, and it seemed like he was unwilling to go away from it despite losing his starter. That said, I agree that gameplanning for Calzada's strenghts (and away from his weaknesses) combined with giving him a week of QB1 reps will help the Aggie offense significantly. 

I think A&M still has an outside shot at the conference. Granted, you just don't replace a Haynes King (ask any Lobo fan), but this ain't exactly Jimbo's first rodeo. I bet we see a return to a more run-first grind it out offense against New Mexico, and I think Calzada will settle down with increased reps. 

Of course, in the event that King's injury turns out to be not as severe as feared, then let's crank that hype machine right back up. :woot:

The defense can keep them in any game. They are getting their starting DT back next week which should help with run fits and they get the other starting corner back as well. Both of those guys absences have been felt so the defense should continue to improve. 

This is a very high ceiling team but they also have a lower floor than originally thought. I could easily see this team challenging everyone else including bama if the defense sures up their run fits. But I could also see ole miss being a terrible mismatch and beating us along with a bama whipping and a sneaky arkansas or auburn loss as well. That arkansas game in two weeks will tell a lot about where these team stands. 

• Like 1

• Mr. P locked this topic