👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

4 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

Arkansas may pound away on A&M too...doesn't seem that A&M can score much

They might. I don't expect A&M to look like they did saturday the rest of the year though. They will gameplan around Calzada better going forward. 

I also think A&Ms defense is much better than Texas' though. Specifically front 7. I guess we will find out next week. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

No, not freaking out. Just trying to keep unverified rumors to a minimum. 

Plus, I care about the kid. He's practically family. 

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

If we can get Saban back from the Covid in like two days, we can get King back by October 9th. Maybe. Possibly. 

😂 I think sadly its Calzadas show moving forward unless he's awful and by then we have 2-3 losses anyway. 

Either way this might be weigmans team in 2022 if neither of these guys can cement themselves. That kid might be too good to keep off the field. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PelvisPresley said:

if it was Alabama, they would have every doctor in Alabama and the Southeastern states involved in that surgery to reform that ankle bionic-style and he'd be ready and better than ever in two weeks.

Let's be real here.... 

If this was bama the game would just be swapped with the non conference November game to make sure they were full strength 😂

• LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

😂 I think sadly its Calzadas show moving forward unless he's awful and by then we have 2-3 losses anyway. 

Either way this might be weigmans team in 2022 if neither of these guys can cement themselves. That kid might be too good to keep off the field. 

The more you watch Weigman play the more impressed you get with him. Kid has the arm and touch. Athletic too boot. I’m with you. ‘22 could be a camp battle for the job. Especially with Weigman early enrolling.

22 hours ago, LOL said:

Yeah, I'm pretty Jimbo gameplanned a certain kind of attack going in against Colorado, and it seemed like he was unwilling to go away from it despite losing his starter. That said, I agree that gameplanning for Calzada's strenghts (and away from his weaknesses) combined with giving him a week of QB1 reps will help the Aggie offense significantly. 

I think A&M still has an outside shot at the conference. Granted, you just don't replace a Haynes King (ask any Lobo fan), but this ain't exactly Jimbo's first rodeo. I bet we see a return to a more run-first grind it out offense against New Mexico, and I think Calzada will settle down with increased reps. 

Of course, in the event that King's injury turns out to be not as severe as feared, then let's crank that hype machine right back up. :woot:

I think you'll see him throw it all over the field saturday. They are going to want him reps so they can get timing down. 

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think you'll see him throw it all over the field saturday. They are going to want him reps so they can get timing down. 

Gotcha. Looks like the hype machine's on hold til mid-late October. 

22 minutes ago, LOL said:

Gotcha. Looks like the hype machine's on hold til mid-late October. 

Yea.... I think A&Ms defense is capable of playing with anyone and the running game has some explosive weapons, I just don't know if Calzada has it between the ears to really accomplish what I think this team is capable of. Going to need to see some real growth over the next few weeks. 

The arkansas game will be a good measuring stick. They are going to test the defense and calzada will have to play better. We will know in two weeks how this season is going to go from here on out IMO. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Let's be real here.... 

If this was bama the game would just be swapped with the non conference November game to make sure they were full strength 😂

if this was 'Bama...they would have a lab created hurricane blowing into the middle of the U.S. (literally middle of the U.S.)...and it would cancel next 2-3 weeks of football against any FBS teams not rhyming with Fansas, Toregon Tate, or Gorida Tate.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, PelvisPresley said:

if this was 'Bama...they would have a lab created hurricane blowing into the middle of the U.S. (literally middle of the U.S.)...and it would cancel next 2-3 weeks of football against any FBS teams not rhyming with Fansas, Toregon Tate, or Gorida Tate.

Any Hurricanes named Tate couldn’t hit water if it it fell off a boat. Just smell like Axe body spray, desperation and “butt” bro.

• LOL! 3

• Mr. P locked this topic