👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

My expectations for this team went down the drain in the 1st quarter against Colorado. It’s been nothing but a mess since that game. I have tried staying positive, but with Calzada at QB there’s little hope. I feel sorry for the kid, but this level of football is just to much for him right now.  

That’s on Jimbo IMO. Calzada has the talent, and we’ve all known he’d be the QB since that game. Jimbo and staff have to get him ready or at least have a game plan to help the QB be successful. All this talk about the potential of King when he had only played one game against a bad team in which he threw 3 pics. And yes I’ve heard 2 were tipped. 

4 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Give me a kid who can read a defense with a average arm over a kid with a howitzer who can’t tell if the defense is in man or zone. You stick a Greg McElroy type QB on this team and things might not be so bad. This is where playing upperclassman deep into the 4th quarter of blowout wins come back to bite you. You don’t get these kids experience. You don’t see where you missed on a kid. 

1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

That’s on Jimbo IMO. Calzada has the talent, and we’ve all known he’d be the QB since that game. Jimbo and staff have to get him ready or at least have a game plan to help the QB be successful. All this talk about the potential of King when he had only played one game against a bad team in which he threw 3 pics. And yes I’ve heard 2 were tipped. 

Agree with this. Jimbo deserves the credit for this. 

I’m going to watch my girlfriends daughter play in a JUCO basketball tournament this weekend versus watching A&M/Bama. That’s the level of BAS I’m experiencing right now. King coming back is a just a small patch on the problems going on with this team. There’s some coaching issues at some critical positions. I’m just not sure how much of the blame to put on them or the players being put out there.

O-line recruiting from 2018,2019 has come back to bite us in the butt hard. It’s Kenyon Green and Layden Robinson from those 2 classes. That’s it. I’m not counting Luke Mathews because he can’t stay healthy. You can’t play SEC football with that young of a o-line and expect success up front. Especially when the injury bug has hit us hard up front.

The QB room has bit us. Your scholarship QBs are a sophomore, redshirt freshman and a true fish who immediately got moved to TE. There’s no veteran experience to turn to. I’m not sure what to make of Calzada. Is it the staff not being able to put him in a position to be successful? Is he just not comfortable at this level? Did they miss evaluate the player when recruiting?

Our receivers. This is the position I struggle the most with. Are they good or not? How much blame to take off them and put on the QB? Chapman is a good deep threat but can’t stay healthy. Demas is what? Inconsistent? Under played? Over valued? Jalen Preston is just a guy. Chase Lane is solid but not a difference maker. Ainias Smith’s playmaking has fallen off this year. Baylor Cupp was a 5* freak who looks like injuries have robbed him of his shot. Jalen Wydermeyer has been up and down this season. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Yeah I gonna sit this one out. However, would be such a A&M thing to do is lose to Miss st and beat Alabama. Realistically I can’t see the Aggies being within 21+. Sad really because this team had so much potential. 

… would it be though? 

10 hours ago, Stoney said:

The wheels have fallen off this season. The bad part is? This thing could still catch on fire before it lands in the ditch. This is the worst case scenario that could happen. Injuries. Coaching. There’s bound to be some changes before things get started up again in the spring.

I was laughed at and ridiculed for saying jimbo’s raise/extension before a game was played this season was ignorant.  Lol.  

57 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The QB room has bit us. Your scholarship QBs are a sophomore, redshirt freshman and a true fish who immediately got moved to TE. There’s no veteran experience to turn to. I’m not sure what to make of Calzada. Is it the staff not being able to put him in a position to be successful? Is he just not comfortable at this level? Did they miss evaluate the player when recruiting?

Jimbo is a national Championship coach and a quarterback whisperer (so we’ve been told) and calzada is the best he can come up with?

I think Jimbo is a slightly above average coach.

I honestly have never been too impressed with Jimbo, and his contract puts A&M in an awful position; totally stuck if they decide they want to make a move at HC it’d be dang near impossible.

Fisher needs to figure out how to get the most out of the running game to help Calzada as much as possible. This is obvious, but especially in the Arkansas game Jimbo basically refused to run the ball.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I honestly have never been too impressed with Jimbo, and his contract puts A&M in an awful position; totally stuck if they decide they want to make a move at HC it’d be dang near impossible.

Fisher needs to figure out how to get the most out of the running game to help Calzada as much as possible. This is obvious, but especially in the Arkansas game Jimbo basically refused to run the ball.

I still think Jimbo’s the guy. It just makes you wonder why this staff hasn’t been able to adjust to Calzada’s deficiencies at QB. Injuries prevented the o-line from gelling like we expected. Is that a Henson issue? How many teams can lose QB1 and not have a drop off? 

25 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I still think Jimbo’s the guy. It just makes you wonder why this staff hasn’t been able to adjust to Calzada’s deficiencies at QB. Injuries prevented the o-line from gelling like we expected. Is that a Henson issue? How many teams can lose QB1 and not have a drop off? 

The OL will be fine. Remember that 2019 line being so weak? Yeah those same 5 guys were the Goons of 2020. I’m not worried about them moving forward at all. They’re young and inexperienced but they improve every week. That’s what I’m looking for out of this season at this point. Even Calzada looked much better yesterday. 

A big issue I see is at the WR position. Dameyun Craig got fired by LSU for a reason. Our receivers have not played up to their potential yet. I know we’re missing 2 guys there as well, but we’ve never had stellar receiver performance despite having some really good players there. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Not just QB1 but 4 other offensive starters have missed time as well. Last night 3 of your top 6 secondary players also sat out. This team has been decimated by injuries. Does that excuse the losses? Of course not. Does it contribute to them? Absolutely. 

These losses are "understandable" but not "acceptable." Jimbo needs to do better. Is that simplifying the offense? Is it hiring a true OC and giving them the reigns? There are some very serious off season discussions going to need to be made and Jimbo will have some decisions to make going forward. Is this a total dumpster fire that cannot be controlled and the aggies are doomed for the next decade? No its not. But it could spiral that way if he's not careful. 

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

The OL will be fine. Remember that 2019 line being so weak? Yeah those same 5 guys were the Goons of 2020. I’m not worried about them moving forward at all. They’re young and inexperienced but they improve every week. That’s what I’m looking for out of this season at this point. Even Calzada looked much better yesterday. 

A big issue I see is at the WR position. Dameyun Craig got fired by LSU for a reason. Our receivers have not played up to their potential yet. I know we’re missing 2 guys there as well, but we’ve never had stellar receiver performance despite having some really good players there. 

They are open this year Calzada just isn't finding them. I think King would have done a better job at that. 

This team has lost these two games because Calzada just cannot get it done. Jimbos offensive scheme by design is not explosive. You need a QB that can make consistent plays and get the ball into the end zone with 8-12 play drives. Thats not something Calzada can do with his happy feet and 100mph fastballs. He played better but A&M wins both of those games with King. There are problems everywhere on the field but QB play can make you or break you.

You are correct craig is past time to be canned. He's not recruiting well either. Of course its hard to recruit the position well when you can't get talent on the field until year 3 because the system is so difficult or you can't get then open or stretch the field with them because of QB play... Mond couldn't do it and neither can Calzada. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I agree 100% ....

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

These are his wins the last two full seasons plus this one so far.  Two teams with a winning record, and one fired its coach after that year.  You can add the two bowl games if you want with an NC team that everybody opted out and an OK State without Tylan Wallace and the QB.

Texas State 3-9
Lamar 4-8
Arkansas 2-10
Ole Miss 4-8
Miss State 6-7
UTSA 4-8
South Carolina 4-8
Vanderbilt 0-9
Florida 8-4
Miss State 4-7
Arkansas 3-7
South Carolina 3-7
LSU 5-5
Auburn 6-5
Tennessee 3-7
Kent State 2-3
Colorado 1-4
New Mexico 2-3

Combined 64-119-.350 PCT

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Girlfriend and I went down to her old office in Austin to pack up some things. Hearing about the homeless problem and then seeing miles and miles of them on the medians and sides of the roads was eye opening. People had dressers, lazboys set up like it was their permanent residence.

I loved Austin back in the day (circa 1980s to late '90s), but the last few times I've been there have been absolutely heartbreaking. 

43 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

These are his wins the last two full seasons plus this one so far.  Two teams with a winning record, and one fired its coach after that year.  You can add the two bowl games if you want with an NC team that everybody opted out and an OK State without Tylan Wallace and the QB.

Texas State 3-9
Lamar 4-8
Arkansas 2-10
Ole Miss 4-8
Miss State 6-7
UTSA 4-8
South Carolina 4-8
Vanderbilt 0-9
Florida 8-4
Miss State 4-7
Arkansas 3-7
South Carolina 3-7
LSU 5-5
Auburn 6-5
Tennessee 3-7
Kent State 2-3
Colorado 1-4
New Mexico 2-3

Combined 64-119-.350 PCT

If the BMD's see this I'm sure he will get another raise. 😂

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Texas State 3-9
Lamar 4-8
Arkansas 2-10
Ole Miss 4-8
Miss State 6-7
UTSA 4-8
South Carolina 4-8
Vanderbilt 0-9
Florida 8-4
Miss State 4-7
Arkansas 3-7
South Carolina 3-7
LSU 5-5
Auburn 6-5
Tennessee 3-7
Kent State 2-3
Colorado 1-4
New Mexico 2-3

Combined 64-119-.350 PCT

Lmao “look only at select seasons and let’s remove big games from those and look at this!”

Its absolutely astounding how some people are silent in this thread for months and suddenly have some balls to show their face when A&M has half their offense out with injuries and loses a couple games. 

• LOL! 1

• Mr. P locked this topic