👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

This was the type of game I had hoped for between Bama and aTm preseason,  and then the dang wheels fell off.  Too bad they dropped those other 2 games but it doesn't get much better than this.  Guys played their butts off when nobody in the world,  fans like myself included, gave them a chance.

• Thanks 1

This was the team A&M fans expected prior to the season. A great offensive backfield. An experienced defense. Then the injury to the QB happened and the wheels fell off. Calzada has grown a ton in the last 3 weeks. Didn’t even recognize him out there tonight. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Thanks man. 

I just got home. Was incredible. I hope WET enjoyed it!

I've been to probably 25 games at Kyle over the last 10 years. Regardless of the score of this one, it was the best environment I've ever been to. There was something moving even early that was just different.

• Like 1

I want to give a big shout out to Zach Calzada for his performance tonight. I was his harshest critic and he deserved so much of it, but he rose to the occasion tonight and trusted an his offensive line in a masterful performance. Not so much the stat line but just how well he played compared to how limited he's looked the last 4 games. 

And that final drive... Coming in after what I thought was a blown out knee and executing a beautiful drive with even a strong scramble to grab a first down.... Young man you earned every bit of that tonight. Being carried off the field is something not many people for very many teams have ever accomplished and you deserve that after a gutsy performance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

Maybe Jimbo really is "the QB Whisperer?"  Just needed a few games for those whispers to be heard?

This team was just pressing. They knew they were capable of this type of performance and win but the early injuries and the lofty expectations were just too big for them the previous 2 weeks. Especially Calzada. I think the entire team came out this week and just played football with nothing to lose and it showed. Also think the atmosphere was a huge factor. The 12th man was phenomenal tonight. It is so hard to win night games on the road in places capable of bringing it the way Kyle field can. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Congrats man! I'm happy for a lot of my Aggie friends for the simple fact they don't act like a spoiled kid like you do.

Enjoy the win (hopefully with some class.)

Kind of like you how you come on here after Aggie losses with class? Lol

• Thanks 1

It amazed me last night watching that game how Calzada (mainly) and the team went from the Arkansas game to beating Alabama.

The Aggies totally outplayed the Crimson Tide. The A&M defensive front was awesome last night and made the apparent Heisman contending Bama QB look bad on many plays.

Last night is exactly why the games have to be played. None of us ever really know what’s going to happen or what can happen.

The whole world thought Calzada would be deer in the headlights all night versus Alabama and he was great, sports are just crazy and so enjoyable.

What a great day for Calzada and his family. I think he probably learned some life lessons through his own play. He was down and out, not wanted by his own fans (and that’s NOT a swipe at Aggie fans) and he had to have been doubting his own abilities. Calzada obviously hung tough, prepared for Alabama as best he could and executed magnificently.  And then the fans carried Calzada off the field, movies are made depicting these kinds of things.

Respect.

Also, the entire team just came in ready to ball. The fans in the stadium were pumped and confident from the start. 
Last night is surely one of, if not, the very greatest win in A&M history. 

This will not have a negative impact on recruiting, ha!

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

It amazed me last night watching that game how Calzada (mainly) and the team went from the Arkansas game to beating Alabama.

The Aggies totally outplayed the Crimson Tide. The A&M defensive front was awesome last night and made the apparent Heisman contending Bama QB look bad on many plays.

Last night is exactly why the games have to be played. None of us ever really know what’s going to happen or what can happen.

The whole world thought Calzada would be deer in the headlights all night versus Alabama and he was great, sports are just crazy and so enjoyable.

What a great day for Calzada and his family. I think he probably learned some life lessons through his own play. He was down and out, not wanted by his own fans (and that’s NOT a swipe at Aggie fans) and he had to have been doubting his own abilities. Calzada obviously hung tough, prepared for Alabama as best he could and executed magnificently.  And then the fans carried Calzada off the field, movies are made depicting these kinds of things.

Respect.

Also, the entire team just came in ready to ball. The fans in the stadium were pumped and confident from the start. 
Last night is surely one of, if not, the very greatest win in A&M history. 

This will not have a negative impact on recruiting, ha!

Absolutely none lol.

But you're right and spot on about everything you said. 

• Love 1

• Mr. P locked this topic