👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes. But he was light years ahead of Zach in terms of processing the playbook from what I have heard. King will definitely have to earn the job back, but Calzada just hasn't shown enough to make this a situation where he's your guy from here on out. I mean let's be honest if A&M doesn't have an elite defense they probably would be sitting at 1-5 with Zach as the starter... If Zach had come out and really balled out thats one thing, but he's really still playing pretty mediocre its just such an improvement from the first two starts and they are playing lights out defense. 

Well, he did play great in that one game... 

Weigman just looks like a difference maker at QB. Yeah it’s high school but it’s fun tape to watch. Kids coming in the spring. He’s going to hold of on spring baseball. If he can pick up the playbook, he could give King a run for the job.  I don’t think Calzada has done enough to take the job out right. I’m curious to see what a healthy King can do at QB.

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Weigmans film is impressive. He can make all the throws, and can run when he needs to. He’s a top notch athlete. I’ve been saying it since he committed to A&M that I will not be surprised at all if he’s the starting QB for the Aggies in 2022. He’s that good. 

Yea Weigman is the real deal. He's the type of talent that takes your team from on the cusp to over the brink. He does things that neither of the other two guys can. I don't think he wins the job in 22 but I think he's the man in 23. 

Apparently there’s a rumor floating around that Woodward approached Jimbo to come to LSU. Jimbo turned him down but hit him with a counter. Have Woodward come back to A&M and run the NIL program. With some of the know issues with LSU and some behind the scenes with loss of power(?) he could be interested in coming back.

5 hours ago, Stoney said:

Apparently there’s a rumor floating around that Woodward approached Jimbo to come to LSU. Jimbo turned him down but hit him with a counter. Have Woodward come back to A&M and run the NIL program. With some of the know issues with LSU and some behind the scenes with loss of power(?) he could be interested in coming back.

I think thats a counter rumor to the one going around that Jimbo is going to LSU. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Was it great? His stat line was still meh... That was a complete team win. It wasn't Zach just putting the team on his shoulders. 

That game he showed flashes of greatness with 0 mistakes whether or not it showed in the box score 

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

That game he showed flashes of greatness with 0 mistakes whether or not it showed in the box score 

Agreed. Calzada had a monster game that day and made some awesome, clutch passes when the game mattered. He stood in, knowing he was going to get hit (and his leg rolled up on) and delivered a dime to Smith to tie it. Oh and scrambled for a huge first on the game winning drive. 

I just can't imagine a better situation for his skillset and ceiling. Really. He's better off at A&M and being developed there. If he's my son, I tell him to stay put even if he's QB3 at the end of spring practice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lions70 said:

Aggies have the defense to stop ole miss. This will be tough. @WETSU How do you think they stack up? Johnny or Stoney can answer cause I obviously value your opinion despite contrary belief.

A&M matches up well on paper. The Aggies DL are playing probably the best football in the country. Truly on par with Georgia up front. Clemons and Johnson are having all SEC caliber seasons. When you have a dline that can get pressure with just 4 guys you really change the game. It will allow A&M to leave a spy on Corral without sacrificing pressure which severely hurts his game. He makes a living off those 3rd down scrambles but A&M linebackers are fast enough to close the gap more times than not. 

Ole Miss is a running team. Yes corral likes to air it out but they need the running game to open up their offense. If A&M is able to come out and shut down the run the way they have the last few weeks they can control this game. Especially because I think A&M uses the ground game and gets some short fields because of stupid decisions by Kiffin. 

This could go either way but I think the Aggies defense is really heating up. 31-24 Ags. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Atmosphere? They are not use to playing on the road yet.

No i don't think so. I think right now its more game planning. I think they were expecting different looks based off the script so far. Offense will have to pull their weight today. The defense is not going to be able to keep this one close with how fast Ole miss is playing. 

• Mr. P locked this topic