👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I hope now we can move on from the swamp kitties pouting about the calls in that OT game. They got their favor back tonight. That was outrageous the forward progress call on the strip. Also got away with a hell of a push off on that play that you could see from space... 

I mean I had no sympathy for them anyway. All the calls in the OT game were correct and even a Louisiana newspaper agreed. Not to mention the offsides in 2014. It is what it is. A&M couldn’t get a first down and then let LSU score in 2 minutes. 

When King went down people said our win ceiling was super low. If we win the bowl game to reach 9 and keep our recruiting class mostly together, I’d say this was a pretty good year all things considered. Not great, but pretty good. All 4 losses were winnable. Hope the team grows a bit and learns to win some of those. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

@JohnnyFootball @WETSU 8 wins with that level of QB play from Calzada all year. The QB play improves and a couple of those losses shift to the win column. 

A lot of this is on fisher. I'd put the last two losses specifically on him. Why we went away from letting Achane get 8 yards a carry out of the pistol I'll never understand. Both games it cost us a victory. Especially last night. 

Under no circumstances can I feel satisfied with this season regardless of injuries. 

12 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Hate to lose a winnable game. Too many guys hurt in an already rebuilding year. How do we sweep the Bama schools and get swept by the Mississippi schools!? Lol

Not to go too far off topic, but I watched Aledo and SOC Friday.  People act like SOC was just better than Aledo… I swear there were 6 kids on the field for Aledo literally dragging their leg behind them or playing on a bum ankle.  Aledo didn’t use it as an excuse, but if they did, you wouldn’t hear any arguments from me.  Same goes for the Aggies/Horns etc… losing 3-4 players to injury or playing at 70% really hinders your chances.  LSU has been on the mend the past 3-4 weeks.  You could see it in the way their defense had been playing 

7 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

No other way to say it. Just a terrible call. Hopefully the SEC will take a look at some of these calls. smh

If a&m fans want to be mad about a call, how about the 3rd and 2 call from Jimbo?  Rollout to the left with a right handed QB and throw to the TE behind the LOS?  Lol

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

If a&m fans want to be mad about a call, how about the 3rd and 2 call from Jimbo?  Rollout to the left with a right handed QB and throw to the TE behind the LOS?  Lol

The play calling this year was questionable. Throwing into 8 man coverages. Getting away from the run. Hopefully there’s a hard look at the staff and wether or not changes should be made.

40 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Jjimbo dun shot his wad with dem aggys ... :woot:

Lots of people suddenly have balls when other teams beat A&M.

I guess when your own team is not bowl eligible and can’t get by Kansas that you have to go and troll a team who’s fresh off an Orange Bowl win when they get half their offense hurt. Gutless. 

• LOL! 3

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Yep. Awful call. I think Jimbo needs to hire a play caller. Let him manage the game like a HC should. Same thing plagued Sherman. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yep. Awful call. I think Jimbo needs to hire a play caller. Let him manage the game like a HC should. Same thing plagued Sherman. 

100% on board with this. I also think that even as stubborn as he is changes will likely happen with the offensive scheme this off season. Injuries or not you can't look like they have all season as a top 10 caliber team. Even in the wins the offense was a problem. 

The only time I've loved Jimbo as a play caller is when he takes the ball out of his QBs hands and just trust his running game. Idk if its the QB in him that is so hell bent on making it a QB centered offense or what but he's going to have to adjust. You can't run a pro style offense with extreme complexity at the expense of slowing everyone down because they are thinking too much or missing open guys because players can't process fast enough. Some QBs will thrive in his offense and some will look worse than they really are. Calzada is one of those I think. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

I hope the Aggies make some changes. Hard to imagine A&M going 8-4 with a healthy King. Disappointing to say the least. I might be a little rough cause your basically could easily won three games you lost this year. End of day they put themselves in this position. 

All 4 losses were super close. A healthy King, healthy WRs, and healthy OL wins at least a few of those. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Lions70 said:

What does Darrell dickey actually do? Wouldn’t that be a better alternative?

He essentially was just brought in to help fisher bring in a few more RPO type looks. Hes a wasted staffer at this point. Not a great recruiter and Jimbo does the rest... 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

All 4 losses were super close. A healthy King, healthy WRs, and healthy OL wins at least a few of those. 

I'd say just a healthy king is worth 2.5 more wins. Better/Healthy WRs are worth an extra 1. 11-1 with king as the starter IMO. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I'd say just a healthy king is worth 2.5 more wins. Better/Healthy WRs are worth an extra 1. 11-1 with king as the starter IMO. 

Yep. If all King does is run the ball, he's a difference maker in at least two A&M losses this season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LOL said:

Yep. If all King does is run the ball, he's a difference maker in at least two A&M losses this season. 

Could you imagine King going up against a 3 man front with 8 in coverage? Arkansas is a win. Probably Miss State too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

He’s not even an A&M fan. Most of us agree that bad call or not, A&M lost that game. 

I know.  I was just saying we see BS like this all of the time.  The SEC reviews it, they come out and say “It should have been this call.”  Fans go “See!  We should have won!!!”  SEC says “but you still lost, sorry.”  It’s crazy that stuff like that can’t be reviewed and overturned.  

So sure, I am not an Aggie fan either.  But here I am arguing they should have gotten that call but the almighty NCAA and conference chairmen don’t give a crap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I know.  I was just saying we see BS like this all of the time.  The SEC reviews it, they come out and say “It should have been this call.”  Fans go “See!  We should have won!!!”  SEC says “but you still lost, sorry.”  It’s crazy that stuff like that can’t be reviewed and overturned.  

So sure, I am not an Aggie fan either.  But here I am arguing they should have gotten that call but the almighty NCAA and conference chairmen don’t give a crap.

Jimbo went to the SEC multiple times about the hand signal/calling signs penalties. Nothing was ever done about it. How can players 10-15 yards off the ball impact the offensive snap? You have to have the pull to get those calls changed.

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Yeah it was more to the "Better lucky next year" crack.

His "team" doesn't need luck next year against LSU- they won big. 

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah it was more to the "Better lucky next year" crack.

His "team" doesn't need luck next year against LSU- they won big. 

The “better luck next year” was more to the point of the NCAA giving you the finger.  That’s essentially what they tell you when they review these official’s calls

• Mr. P locked this topic