👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Demas probably felt the same way

Demas sat put his entire senior year and wasn't really a polished WR but more athlete his Jr year. Him and Stewart aren't really of the same mold. 

But I do think you are correct in calling demas out. I think part of the problem with his game is that his strength is taking the top off a defense and jump balls and he hasn't had a QB that could test defenses that way. Although he did drop the only one that he really got tested with. He will be a much better player next year. He's getting better every week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Demas sat put his entire senior year and wasn't really a polished WR but more athlete his Jr year. Him and Stewart aren't really of the same mold. 

But I do think you are correct in calling demas out. I think part of the problem with his game is that his strength is taking the top off a defense and jump balls and he hasn't had a QB that could test defenses that way. Although he did drop the only one that he really got tested with. He will be a much better player next year. He's getting better every week. 

The issue is Jimbo’s use of TE’s and RBs in the passing game.  Those two positions are his top reception leaders.  Weidermeyer, Spiller and Achane lead the team in receptions.  Why a top receiver would go to aTm is puzzling. Demas had 15 receptions for 235 yds.  Does Stewart not see that?

18 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The issue is Jimbo’s use of TE’s and RBs in the passing game.  Those two positions are his top reception leaders.  Weidermeyer, Spiller and Achane lead the team in receptions.  Why a top receiver would go to aTm is puzzling. Demas had 15 receptions for 235 yds.  Does Stewart not see that?

Its more about the lack of talent outside and the QB unable to find them. 

Jimbos offense can get WRs in position to have good years, but he hasn't had a QB since he's been at A&M thats capable of taking advantage. Also like I pointed out, Demas was extremely raw. I mean couldn't run half the route tree raw. He also gets jammed a ton. Stewart steps foot on campus as probably in the top 2-3 in terms of his development and understanding of the WR position. Its not apples to apples comparing Stewart to Demas or other WRs under Jimbo. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Its more about the lack of talent outside and the QB unable to find them. 

Jimbos offense can get WRs in position to have good years, but he hasn't had a QB since he's been at A&M thats capable of taking advantage. Also like I pointed out, Demas was extremely raw. I mean couldn't run half the route tree raw. He also gets jammed a ton. Stewart steps foot on campus as probably in the top 2-3 in terms of his development and understanding of the WR position. Its not apples to apples comparing Stewart to Demas or other WRs under Jimbo. 

It’s still the offense Jimbo utilizes.  You yourself (in this thread) said you’d be okay with him not running the offense.  He hasn’t had a qb that he can use?  He’s recruited 4 classes to campus so far.  

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s still the offense Jimbo utilizes.  You yourself (in this thread) said you’d be okay with him not running the offense.  He hasn’t had a qb that he can use?  He’s recruited 4 classes to campus so far.  

Oh i agree I'd be up for a change. But what you're saying is not in a vacuum. Its not just the offense Jimbo runs. Yes the TEs and RBs are heavily used but that's got a lot to do with other factors. Its been QBs who couldn't find or hit the route. And yes thats on Jimbos recruiting and injuries. Hes also struggled to recruit speed and big playmakers at WR. 

Its not the offense itself that's the issue but Jimbo failing to recruit the guys needed to take advantage of the concepts of this offense. 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Oh i agree I'd be up for a change. But what you're saying is not in a vacuum. Its not just the offense Jimbo runs. Yes the TEs and RBs are heavily used but that's got a lot to do with other factors. Its been QBs who couldn't find or hit the route. And yes thats on Jimbos recruiting and injuries. Hes also struggled to recruit speed and big playmakers at WR. 

Its not the offense itself that's the issue but Jimbo failing to recruit the guys needed to take advantage of the concepts of this offense. 

So he’s not able to actually implement the offense he wants due to a lack of a great qb.  Another reason a top wr going there is puzzling

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The ‘21 and especially the ‘22 class should show us what the future could be with this scheme. 4*, 5* QB. Deep RB room. WR1 in the ‘22 class coming into a talented (maybe), underperforming (maybe) WR pool. TE should solid. Losing Kenyon Green is big but 2 stud freshman starters returning, Layden Robinson has RG on lockdown. It’s just figuring out what to do with the other 2 spots. Getting a Banks or Goodwin would be a great start. Wading into the portal for a starter or 2 possibly. 

The injury bug had been avoiding A&M for awhile. Nothing too devastating until this year. The young guys passed some vets and showed they could hold their spots for the next 2-3 years. If the injuries stay down. If King or Weigman can be better than what Calzada was this year. If the defense reloads. I could see 10 wins as very doable. Just based off this past season and the potential for improvement.

17 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So he’s not able to actually implement the offense he wants due to a lack of a great qb.  Another reason a top wr going there is puzzling

Not when you consider that there's an elite QB (by recruiting standards) committed.

Stewart going to A&M isn't crazy when you look at it from a kids perspective. They are likely going to finish with the number 1 class. They have PT available at his position. They arent far from home. They have been extremely stable in terms of staff over the last 4 years and projected forward. There's just not a lot of negatives other that production from his position but stud players look at that as they are the missing piece not that its impossible to produce. 

21 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The ‘21 and especially the ‘22 class should show us what the future could be with this scheme. 4*, 5* QB. Deep RB room. WR1 in the ‘22 class coming into a talented (maybe), underperforming (maybe) WR pool. TE should solid. Losing Kenyon Green is big but 2 stud freshman starters returning, Layden Robinson has RG on lockdown. It’s just figuring out what to do with the other 2 spots. Getting a Banks or Goodwin would be a great start. Wading into the portal for a starter or 2 possibly. 

The injury bug had been avoiding A&M for awhile. Nothing too devastating until this year. The young guys passed some vets and showed they could hold their spots for the next 2-3 years. If the injuries stay down. If King or Weigman can be better than what Calzada was this year. If the defense reloads. I could see 10 wins as very doable. Just based off this past season and the potential for improvement.

Qb play changes everything. This team has built enough depth and talent that they are not far behind any of the other title contenders except for QB and WR. You get better production out of those two spots and there is no telling what this team can achieve. 

Like mentioned above the other teams recruiting him the heaviest have far more questions than A&M.

Go to texas? They just finished a losing season with lots of speculation of a full on rebuild for what could be his 3 years. Just because worthy produced does not make them a better option. 

Bama is the other legit contender but distance is a factor as well as not as favorable of depth chart as some of the others. 

OU could have been in the mix but coaching change now. LSU same thing... 

Like Valhalla said this is a perfect storm for him to commit to A&M not some out of the blue decision. 

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Like mentioned above the other teams recruiting him the heaviest have far more questions than A&M.

Go to texas? They just finished a losing season with lots of speculation of a full on rebuild for what could be his 3 years. Just because worthy produced does not make them a better option. 

Bama is the other legit contender but distance is a factor as well as not as favorable of depth chart as some of the others. 

Like Valhalla said this is a perfect storm for him to commit to A&M not some out of the blue decision. 

6624DF8B-3917-47BA-8DDC-0B7168CCC0D7.jpeg

He obviously wanted to stay in state. That has been known for a while.

A&M is in a much better position as a program right now. Jimbo has all his guys in the program and it easy to see they could win now. However the A&M offense isn’t great for WR. 

Texas is in a rebuild, so they can’t promise him wins. However they can sale him on huge numbers for him specifically. Even with a bad OL and average QB. 

He chose winning, which isn’t common for a diva position like WR. So good for him and I’m sure he’ll still put up good numbers. 

47 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He obviously wanted to stay in state. That has been known for a while.

A&M is in a much better position as a program right now. Jimbo has all his guys in the program and it easy to see they could win now. However the A&M offense isn’t great for WR. 

Texas is in a rebuild, so they can’t promise him wins. However they can sale him on huge numbers for him specifically. Even with a bad OL and average QB. 

He chose winning, which isn’t common for a diva position like WR. So good for him and I’m sure he’ll still put up good numbers. 

The thing for him thats going in his favor is he can play all three positions equally well. Demas is an outside guy all the way. Stewart could easily slide into the slot role that Ainias Smith has been playing and Smith has been a key part of the offense up until the last few weeks (he's battling injury) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Stewart is not quite as shifty as Waddle but he's in the same mold. A guy that could be great inside at the slot but also can play outside effectively as well. 

Take it for what’s it worth. Some of the Texas recruiting analysts are starting to spread some smoke about a North Shore cornerback who could be headed to B/CS.

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

The thing for him thats going in his favor is he can play all three positions equally well. Demas is an outside guy all the way. Stewart could easily slide into the slot role that Ainias Smith has been playing and Smith has been a key part of the offense up until the last few weeks (he's battling injury) 

By outside, do you mean, outside of the sidelines? 😆

• LOL! 3

45 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Take it for what’s it worth. Some of the Texas recruiting analysts are starting to spread some smoke about a North Shore cornerback who could be headed to B/CS.

I was thinking LSU for Harris, they are keeping Raymond as DB coach, but I guess that depends on the DC. 

48 minutes ago, Stoney said:

I'll believe it when I see it. A&M has some rally big fish left but he's not one I'm counting on.

5 hours ago, WETSU said:

Most kids now days are looking to build their brand and go to the NFL.  

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I was thinking LSU for Harris, they are keeping Raymond as DB coach, but I guess that depends on the DC. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

I'll believe it when I see it. A&M has some rally big fish left but he's not one I'm counting on.

That’s one that’s never seemed to be that interested in A&M at all. Kinda surprised he even took the visit during the Prairie View game. Rumor is there might be another commit or two before ESD gets here.

19 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That’s one that’s never seemed to be that interested in A&M at all. Kinda surprised he even took the visit during the Prairie View game. Rumor is there might be another commit or two before ESD gets here.

North shore has never been good to A&M. The one time they got a kid from there he left before the season even started... Since the 2000s A&M has struggled to get kids from there. 

• Mr. P locked this topic