👍🏻Aggies 2021 Thread👍🏻

Stoney

6 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

How do you know WHEN? You just said you didn’t know IF He got paid …

Because it’s a rule. The NIL is being watched closely. 

Nobody knows if this is true or not. But the second place team being the one that’s breaking this news is a little fishy. I think the obvious answer is that Texas lost this recruitment because they lost 7 games… it had nothing to do with NIL deals. 

45 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Because it’s a rule. The NIL is being watched closely. 

Nobody knows if this is true or not. But the second place team being the one that’s breaking this news is a little fishy. I think the obvious answer is that Texas lost this recruitment because they lost 7 games… it had nothing to do with NIL deals. 

I didn’t say anything about Texas.  I asked if the rumor was true that he’s already rec’d a $300k NIL payment.  You said you didn’t know, but now you do.  NIL doesn’t have to be from the school

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I didn’t say anything about Texas.  I asked if the rumor was true that he’s already rec’d a $300k NIL payment.  You said you didn’t know, but now you do.  NIL doesn’t have to be from the school

No You just do not have reading comprehension. I do not know if there is a deal or not. But I DO know if there is a deal that he cannot and will not get the money until he’s on campus. that’s the ncaa rules on the new nil deals and they are firm on it. These deals have to go through compliance and are very strict. The money doesn’t go straight from a donor to the kid. It goes through compliance with the school and is issued through there. 

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No You just do not have reading comprehension. I do not know if there is a deal or not. But I DO know if there is a deal that he cannot and will not get the money until he’s on campus. that’s the ncaa rules on the new nil deals and they are firm on it. These deals have to go through compliance and are very strict. The money doesn’t go straight from a donor to the kid. It goes through compliance with the school and is issued through there. 

You hope he doesn’t get the money before signing…..  I comprehend that.  You know what is supposed to be done.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

You hope he doesn’t get the money before signing…..  I comprehend that.  You know what is supposed to be done.

What are you even arguing here… Texas lost a 5 star recruit on the heals of a 5-7 season and now all of the sudden it’s because aggy is paying players before they are allowed to. Sounds completely logical. 

20 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What are you even arguing here… Texas lost a 5 star recruit on the heals of a 5-7 season and now all of the sudden it’s because aggy is paying players before they are allowed to. Sounds completely logical. 

I’m pretty sure the kids an early enrollee. So what, January? Before he could potentially get any NIL money? As far as numbers, who knows? You got schools putting together $10m NIL war chests. It’s not for swimming national championships.

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

NIL money doesn’t have to go through the school.  High school players are creating their own brands, businesses, etc…. The comment about it going through the compliance office is not completely correct.  If the school helps them secure a deal I could see it going through the compliance office, but the players can sign contracts with anybody they see fit.  Bijan signed some, they just can’t carry the longhorn logo on the ads.  NIL is about the player, not the university.  

this has opened Pandora’s box for recruiting, that’s why I asked if there was legitimacy to the $300k payment.  A donor, booster, anybody can make a payment to a kid anytime they want

8 hours ago, Stoney said:

I’m pretty sure the kids an early enrollee. So what, January? Before he could potentially get any NIL money? As far as numbers, who knows? You got schools putting together $10m NIL war chests. It’s not for swimming national championships.

He didn’t know, until he did know.  Only to find out he still doesnt

44 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

NIL money doesn’t have to go through the school.  High school players are creating their own brands, businesses, etc…. The comment about it going through the compliance office is not completely correct.  If the school helps them secure a deal I could see it going through the compliance office, but the players can sign contracts with anybody they see fit.  Bijan signed some, they just can’t carry the longhorn logo on the ads.  NIL is about the player, not the university.  

this has opened Pandora’s box for recruiting, that’s why I asked if there was legitimacy to the $300k payment.  A donor, booster, anybody can make a payment to a kid anytime they want

None of that is true btw. 

Also, you came and asked if it was legitimate and when we told you that there was no word confirming any of this, you mocked me and acted like it’s true just because you read it on a longhorn board somewhere and you can’t imagine a world where A&M is just a better option for him right now. 

You didn’t want to discuss this. You wanted to ignore the fact that Texas lost a player because they are a bad program right now. It has nothing to do with money because this kid was getting it wherever he goes. If you want to sit around and circle jerk to aggy cheating and chant we’re back every time you beat a team with a winning record then be my guess. But don’t come over here and act like you want answers then ignore them because it’s not the same thing colt4prez told you on hookem or IT.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

None of that is true btw. 

Also, you came and asked if it was legitimate and when we told you that there was no word confirming any of this, you mocked me and acted like it’s true just because you read it on a longhorn board somewhere and you can’t imagine a world where A&M is just a better option for him right now. 

You didn’t want to discuss this. You wanted to ignore the fact that Texas lost a player because they are a bad program right now. It has nothing to do with money because this kid was getting it wherever he goes. If you want to sit around and circle jerk to aggy cheating and chant we’re back every time you beat a team with a winning record then be my guess. But don’t come over here and act like you want answers then ignore them because it’s not the same thing colt4prez told you on hookem or IT.

Did I mention UT?  Longhorn boards?  No I didn’t.  Did I say Aggies were cheating?  No I didn’t.  

you gave two answers….  You didn’t know if he did, but that you did know that he didn’t get it before signing day.    So did he get it or not?  It has nothing to do with UT/aTm…. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

Why does it seem the Aggies often get bowl game opponents from out in left field? Forget rankings… Aggies by however much Fisher decides to use the running game. 

I tried to understand the reasoning for why certain teams drew certain bowls and it made me cross eyed. Hopefully this game goes better.

DeMarvin Leal won’t play. Haynes King reportedly won’t play either.

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

Idk where banks is headed yet. With the way Jimbo is closing nobody is a done deal until the ink dries. 

Dindy flipping. Denver Harris maybe an actual thing. Banks. Dewberry. Perkins. This class could be very, very special.

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

The most impressive thing to me is how A&M has been able to hang on to Elko these last couple years. I don’t know his past, so I don’t know which jobs might entice him but that guy is who the Aggies gotta hold on to as long as possible. 

Supposedly a contender for Oregon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Supposedly a contender for Oregon.

He’s been on the list for a bunch of places. I think he’s looking for the right gig that fits him and that’s most likely in they big 10. He’s a Midwest guy. he’s got kids that are school age and they love the CS area and his wife is supposedly very happy there. He will eventually move on but my guess is he stays at least another year or two. 

The good news is the Aggies have recruited well enough that they will likely be a top unit with whomever Jimbo hires. I’m more concerned about losing Elijah Robinson as the Dline coach than I am Elko. Robinson is arguably the best recruiting position coach in the country this cycle. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The good news is the Aggies have recruited well enough that they will likely be a top unit with whomever Jimbo hires. I’m more concerned about losing Elijah Robinson as the Dline coach than I am Elko. Robinson is arguably the best recruiting position coach in the country this cycle. 

Elijah Robinson is going to be a huge loss one of these days. Sooner or later someone will take a chance on him as a DC. Hopefully it’s not for several more years.  Saw some rumors about Elko being on the list for Virginia’s HC. I just can’t see him leaving for that level of a job. Not yet.

• Mr. P locked this topic